AstroKill reviews 'Shoot the Girls' by Perfect Shots Video

A place for board members to review videos and video producers as well as mainstream movies! Feel free to contribute!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

astrokill

AstroKill reviews 'Shoot the Girls' by Perfect Shots Video

Post by astrokill »

This little ditty of a video stars Misty Mundae, a nice-looking brunette, and Mia Copia, a light-brown-haired beauty, as two lovers pleasuring each other with guns. As the video progresses, the two lovers fall asleep, and a hitman intrudes upon the scene. The hitman looks disappointed when he intrudes, and it is revealed by Misty that Misty was assigned to kill her lover, but, we viewers assume, along the way she somehow loves Mia. The hitman then ignores her reasons and shoots both of them.

This film is a classic, and still stands up, for it's short length of time, they get to the point very quickly, however, I think the length of the film might have been detrimental to the film. They do spend most of the film on the girls pleasuring each other, however, it doesn't feel erotic, it feels mechanical, as the rub the guns on their private parts. For the film, the lighting is appropriate to the situation, as Misty doesn't want to be caught with her mark, and in fact, the lighting is sort of, I do not know how to word it, eerie, but in a good way. The camera angles within the film achieve a balanced amount of close up and body shots. I used to have the original version of this video, and it showed the two girls being shot rapidly, and then an additional clip where slo-mo is used for Misty's shooting. In the new version, Misty gets shot rapidly, while Misty gets the slo-mo treatment, and her rapid-fire death seems to be expunged. I would have liked to see Misty's rapid-fire death in addition to the slo-mo in the new version, but this does not detract from the quality of the film.

The actresses themselves portray two lustful lovers very well, each breath they take in, the pleasures they feel, their facial gestures says it all. When they are surprised by the hitman, Misty acts realistically surprised and desperate to prevent her death. Mia almost does the same, but she is overshadowed by Misty's acting. The hitman, meanwhile, looks like a hitman, dressed sharply, and collected. However, he acts too exaggerated to be a hitman. At times, it looks like he is trying too hard to portray a hitman, exaggerating facial reactions and body movements, but I think he definitely has the potential for any future hitman role, as he can look cold and calculating. When the actresses die, they die quickly, and Misty's death was great, and it looks as if she feels each impact to her. Misty has a great death stare that will take your breath away for a second. Mia's death however, is sort of wasted. There is a potential to show her death stare clearly, but Mia's hair gets in the way, and her face is obscured.

The special effects, what can I say? They are great! They look very real, and the special effects are what makes this film special. When we see the bullet go to Misty, we see the impact to her flesh, the wave of vibration and shudder around the bullet as the bullet impacts on her flesh. In the quick shot version, you can't see this too much, but you do see the half-second wave of vibration, however, in the slo-mo, the special effects are seen much more clearly, and is a high point of the film. Any shooting fan will appreciate the slo-mo scene and subtlety of the special effects that are being worked on in this film. The film does showcase the special effects.

The film is a solid clip, and likeable. However, this is more like the "Star Wars: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" of films. The special effects are great, the actors can act, the story is decent, however, there is something which makes it not go above the rest of the pack. This clip is one I still re-watch and love, and yes, just like "The Phantom Menace", which is not bad, but not great, and only near good.

AstroKill's rating: 7.5 out of 10 stars.
Dr Don

Re: AstroKill reviews 'Shoot the Girls' by Perfect Shots Video

Post by Dr Don »

You forgot to give Todd Russell of THR Productions credit for filming the wrap around story which incorporates the perfectshots.com F/X scenes.

Some of Todd's productions are available here:
http://www.serialkillersunderground.com
please check out the preview links at: http://www.jafaentertainment.com
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

I mentioned his credit over on DS a day or so ago--FYI.
This reminds me of the segment I did for him for Shock 2000. I see it is still be sold.

Good stuff :-)

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
astrokill

Post by astrokill »

Thanks for the addendums, DrDon and JohnM! :D I very much appreciate it. :D Please correct me if I make mistakes or if you feel I left out anyone, it would be very much appreciated. I apologize if this any way caused any inconvenience.
astrokill

Post by astrokill »

JohnM wrote:I mentioned his credit over on DS a day or so ago--FYI.
This reminds me of the segment I did for him for Shock 2000. I see it is still be sold.

Good stuff :-)

JohnM
John,

I haven't been over at any topic at DS much, but only for updates on McGuire Film's Double Take, which has been cancelled and out-of-availability. If I know the folks over at DS, they'll be talking about this review site, for good or bad. If I suspect, I'm assuming it's a long thread or threads.

If I may digress, hopefully, they will get their reviews up at DS. Once it's up on their end, I can stop finally, my mission is over. My purpose is to bring attention to any films people might have missed. So far, I'm seeing other reviewers here, which is great, and I can finally slow down to take care of some personal stuff in my life, so you won't be seeing my reviews often starting today. I hope everyone in this forum or in DS, or anywhere mention any films which I might be missing. :D Thanks for the Shock 2000 mention, I'll be searching for it. :D Thanks for listening too. :D
Rue Morgue

Post by Rue Morgue »

It's about time someone thanks you for all the time it has taken for you to view, organize your comments, and make them available. :approve:

For one thing, I am very impressed that you have broken each review down into different elements of the production, which is about as close to objectivity as one can get in a "review" of anything that there are subjective feeling about.

High five, kudos, and a round of applause for Astrokill :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :yes:

Hank S
RueMorgueEntertainment

Post by kevin67 »

Hi Astrokill,

I would like to also add my kudos to a job well done. I know this has taken your time away from writing customs and we really apprecriate your efforts. You have set an example for other reviewers to join in and review the video.s they have purchased. Once again thank you. We look forward to more of your reviews in the future.

Sincerely Kevin 67
astrokill

Post by astrokill »

Hank/Kevin,

I finally see your posts after a long period of time. Thanks a lot guys, your thanks made my day! :D