Nyghtfall - "The Toxic Collector - Victim 1" Hunter's Lair

A place for board members to review videos and video producers as well as mainstream movies! Feel free to contribute!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Nyghtfall - "The Toxic Collector - Victim 1" Hunter's Lair

Post by Nyghtfall »

There wasn't enough room in the message header to fit the name of the producer. The clip is by Hunter's Lair of Horrors.

If you're a regular at NicheClips.com, you may have noticed a few new fantasy death fetish producers recently opened stores there. One of them is called Hunter's Lair of Horrors, which appears to be an offshoot of a bondage site I'm familiar with called HuntersLair.com. One of their first posts, "The Toxic Collector - Victim One", features a suspended strangling, so I bought a copy.

The clip starts with the victim, played by a model named Katrina, at the top of a stairwell inside an abandoned factory, calling out for her missing cat. She's wearing a sexy red U-neck top, beige knee-length skirt, a pair of off-white stockings and red stiletto ankle-strap pumps. The entire outfit, coupled with her look, tapped into my heels and hose fetish, and my preference for mature women as victims, so I was especially eager to see the clip.

We follow her down the stairwell with a couple of quick scene fades, where she winds up in the basement. The scene gets dark, and we begin hearing water dripping from somewhere. I'm reasonably sure it was added for effect, because we only hear it during the chase scenes which take up the first three minutes of the clip. As Katrina cautiously rounds a corner, the Collector appears, a small orange light illuminating the eyes of his gas mask. He lumbers toward the camera where, in better light, we can see that he's wearing a white jumpsuit covered in what looks like blood splatter. I think the shot spent a little too much time on him because, after just a couple seconds establishing his presence, I was ready to cut back to Katrina. A few seconds later, we finally fade back to her, still looking for her cat. She notices the Collector's shadow, but doesn't appear too concerned. She slowly turns to face him, but her panicked reaction looks forced.

The shot immediately fades to a chase scene that starts from the Collector's POV. While trying to run away, she falls to the floor and struggles to regain her footing. She continues fleeing as the shot fades to a close-up of the Collector slowly waving his arms about, pretending to reach out for her. Fade back to his POV, but we can only hear Katrina still trying to get away from him. The scene's too dark for us to see her clearly. The scene then fades to what is clearly another take of her scrambling to get back on her feet. She's even back to the same position she was just in a few seconds earlier. One last fade for the chase scene makes us watch the Collector for a full 40 seconds, still waiving his arms about, only Katrina is nowhere to be seen or heard, not even screaming off in the distance somewhere. It left me wondering just who the producer thought the star of the video was supposed to be.

Once that whole sequence is done, the scene does a clockwise transition wipe to a shot of a floor in a well-lit storage room (I think the producer mght've been trying to switch up his transition effects). Katrina comes into frame by immediately collapsing onto the floor while screaming and turning over to face the Collector. The Collector grabs her legs, pulls her toward him, then grabs her neck and lifts her up onto her feet. The moment he grabbed her neck, the strangling started going to shit because Katrina kept both her arms stiff and straight at her sides. Instead of being pulled up and lifted up off the floor in one motion, the scene fades to a close-up of Katrina's feet kicking several inches above the ground. I understand there are safety issues to cnsider when doing suspended stranglings - and safety should always be paramount - but I have seen much better filmed attacks from other producers. We do then get a close-up of Katrina firmly grasping the Collector's wrists as she chokes for air, followed by another close-up of her her feet still kicking, which looks like the same shot as the one previous. The final shot of the strangling shows her feet dangling a few more inches above the ground, but from a different angle. She’s unconcious at this point, and during the same shot, the Collector releases his grip and lets her fall to the floor.

One of my other fetishes is women in tight, very restrictive bondage, and that’s where this clip really shines, which is ironic considering I bought the clip for the strangling. For about the next 4 minutes, we’re treated to some nice on-screen bondage as the Collector uses hemp rope to tie Katrina’s hands behind her back, sinch her elbows together, and bind her ankles. He then rips her top open to reveal her red bra.

Fade to the next shot, and Katrina regains conciousness, feeling dazed and confused – her first convincing performance yet. The Collector picks her up and positions her on a nearby bench sitting in front of a table. He then forces a small plastic container full of green goop into her mouth, and starts fondling her while the goop poisons her to death. The clip ends a few seconds after she collapses back onto the floor, dead.

I bought this clip for the suspended strangling, which turned out lasts only 13 seconds. Mind you, I can enjoy a 13-second attack as long as well filmed and brilliantly acted. Unfortunately, what I got was clip rife with poor camera work, shoddy editing, and very weak performances. What annoys me most is that every shot looks like a poorly staged precursor to the next. The constant use of scene fades exacerbates the problem. Instead of creating a natural looking illusion of the passage of time, they come off as cheesy attempts to correct other editing issues.

I generally don’t expect much for $10, but I have seen better for the same price. A lot better.

You can find The Toxic Collector on Hunter's Lair of Horrors at NicheClips.com.

Score: 2/5