Versitile blu Ray dvd player.

Here is where you will find plain-language instructions for how to use all of Femme Fatalities' features. Plus it is a place to post any tech questions you need answered. Computer-savvy members, please visit this forum regularly to see if there are any fellow members who need help.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

gold

Versitile blu Ray dvd player.

Post by gold »

Am looking for a blu :roll: ray player that plays video cd.s dvd+r and dvd+rw that i myself recorded on. Problem in past is that some players wont play those self recorded dvd + and Cds Appreciate some current Geek advice. Also any newer dvd players even not blue ray that will do the job Thanks in advance.
Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

Re: Versitile blu Ray dvd player.

Post by Algenon5 »

I'm not even an apprentice geek, but I do know you can simultaneously connect
two different disc players to your computer. However I must add there are CDs I
burned with my first PC which I've never been able to open on any other player,
even with the aid of disc recovery software.

I hope a real geek has a better answer for you.

Al
MINISTRY OF CULTURE APPROVED
gold

Post by gold »

Thanks for the feed back
smudger

Post by smudger »

As Al says, in the old days the DVD/CD burners/players not only cost a fortune but often you could only play the disc back on the device which recorded it... Nowadays modern devices will play just about anything, look for the list of supported formats in the spec on the side of the box- DVD plus/minus R, DVD plus/minus RW, DVD ram, CD R/RW, means it will play computer generated discs.
Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

Post by Algenon5 »

I agree with everything Smudger says (except on climate change). However not all blu-ray
player/burners will do what you want, and the ones that will are very pricy. Here is an all-common formats player ONLY that will at a reasonable price, which also has good user reviews:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=3635

Unfortunately this may not be the end of it. Because of the volunteer work I do for IA I have a super-robust external player/burner. Even it could not open the CR-Rs burned with my first PC (Win98 OS). However I was able to open about half of them by using SnapFiles' free CD recovery software, which you can get here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cdrecovery.html

Good luck!

Al
MINISTRY OF CULTURE APPROVED
Jerry
What is your main fetish?: A few... Shootings, (arrows, bullets, darts, beanbags, lightning bolts, watermelons whatever), stabbing and body play/posing. And more innocently, wetlook or "splosh" as its called elsewhere.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I want to see the content and to keep up with what is produced, what others like and to be in the company of other people who share my fetishes. Growing up I thought I was the only one with these fetishes.
Referral: google searches and seen FF mentioned on other related sites.

Post by Jerry »

Another very important thing to note is that home recorded CDs also do not have a very good shelf life especially if they are burned at max speed. For important data backups, use high quality blanks and record at the lowest tolerable speed. I've actually noticed a lot lower read errors using when burning at 16x vs burning at 24x. Also on Windows, when your CD-ROM has several read or seek errors when trying to read a disk, Windows will put your drive into PIO transfer mode which is the slowest transfer mode and loads your CPU and makes your computer run slower than a strangled & shot victim in frozen molasses that moves uphill. Anyway, I've had fairly high success getting recorded disks to read on old (5+ years) drives when burned at low speeds. I have actually burned Dos & windows 3.1 to a CD (4x) and used a single speed CD-ROM to install it on a 1.4ghz machine. The disk has also been read successfully by a high percentage of all drives I've tried it in. The drives that couldn't read the disk couldn't read pressed cds either. My burner is just a plain slim Mitsumi DVD-RAM that's installed in a server. But most of my old CDs which were burned at max speed don't read all that well and I don't have the original drive that recorded them.

Hmm... Babbling again. Anyway, if your current drive can read those disks it would be ideal to backup those disks before retiring your drive and re-record those backups.