PST's American Gothic 3 (reviewing the classics)

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Striktured
What is your main fetish?: Strangulation murders that ultimately grant open sexual access to desirable females whom would otherwise remain unattainable. Brutally using said women until neither their defiled corpses nor the killer's sexual stamina can withstand another assault. Disposing of the once lovely victims in a cruel manner wherein their bodies are never again found. A shallow graves, tub of acid...
Why do you want to join this forum?: Erotic-horror discussion. Post movie reviews.
Referral: I learned about this forum long ago through another erotic-horror producers site. I believe in was Psycho-Thrillers.com or Deadskirts.

PST's American Gothic 3 (reviewing the classics)

Post by Striktured »

Reviewer preferences: I prefer sexually motivated serial killer/intruder/robber type scenarios with real to life female characters. I generally only buy Psycho-Thrillers while often avoiding his Cold Kill and Dead play stores. I prefer large, open, or outdoor settings and generally avoid any scenario that begins with a consensual sexual encounter. I'm also looking to avoid many "death on a bed" type scenarios that litter this fetish nowadays. I like graphic strangulation, a severe neck wound, heavy drool, and a bladder release at death. I also prefer multiple cum-shots on a victim as she/they are repeatedly used while her house is robbed and/or the killer recovers or strangles other women. I prefer harsh language that is meant to taunt/humiliate the dying/dead victim and violence post-mortem: such as beatings, blood from the victim's nose or mouth and neck-breaks after her death. Along with rough necro assaults. I feel the woman's suffering should not end with her death. Beyond that, I like moving/tossing the victim's corpse as it is assaulted/abused. I also adore a graphic disposal of the victim(s) strangled and raped remains. Yes, regrettably few of the aforementioned elements are ever attempted these days. That said, do remember that my desires are slanted towards the violent side of a brutally realistic scenario when considering my opinions. I also tend to avoid chloroforming for reasons of pacing as it rarely makes sense. I tend to avoid any scenario that seems overly sexualized with elements that make little point to the plot. Like a killer murdering a woman for sex, even though they are currently making love. Another would be killers that rape the victims for what seems like an eternity, yet never seems to climax. I prefer male/female scenarios, but will occasionally buy a female/female video if it does not look oversexualized or trite.

Basic Story Type: American Gothic 3(PST-Psycho-Thrillers - $20 at Nicheclips) Ligature Strangulation with a post-mortem sexual assault.

Story Synopsis/setting: A young woman becomes the victim of a violent home invasion. Despite a desperate struggle to survive, she inevitably falls victim to a ruthless sexual predator. She experiences not only a grisly demise, but a brutal post-mortem sexual assault. Like most of the American Gothic Series, the movie ranges throughout several rooms of a house. Ending with the victim's remains brutally assaulted upon a bed.

Murder/acting quality: It can be argued that Victoria Lawson was the finest erotic-horror actress...ever. I certainly would not argue that point. She was not only beautiful, but natural in appearance. Her acting, for the better part, was second to none. Her desperate, often frantic efforts to survive were highly energetic and nearly always convincing. Furthermore, her willingness to accept the generous application of makeup upon her person (some actresses like Karlie Montana balked at such requests) made her the complete package. If that wasn't enough, she was one of a very few number of performers that could be convincingly manhandled and harshly assaulted while still maintaining her composure. In American Gothic 3, she held fast to those high standards while delivering yet another fantastic performance. In this violent tale, after a nearly 8 minute confrontation, she was ultimately strangled to death by a ligature from behind as she lay struggling upon the floor. During said struggle, which ranged throughout several rooms, she was punched, her head bashed; she was briefly strangled vertically against a wall and was strangled from behind while peering into a mirror before briefly escaping her attacker(as was the secondary theme of the American Gothic series). Towards the end of her ordeal, she showed various signs of trauma such as facial bruising and blood from her mouth and nose. If a criticism can be made of Victoria's acting, it would be with her massive use of convulsions. In my opinion, the convulsions were always a bit much. Not a terrible element, but something that could certainly be toned down a bit.

As for TJ Cummings, his acting was capable, adequate and hostile enough to be convincing. He did a very solid job. I do lament that his aggressiveness at times seemed to be that of a model methodically parodying a bad B-movie actor and not of a genuine killer guided by the lust of pussy. In particular, his often lumbering nature despite the situation and his aggressiveness (or lack thereof) towards getting inside of his newly deceased victim. He certainly seemed to lack a certain haste and determination when it came to enjoying his prize. Who is to blame? Poor direction, acting, or simply a bad custom script? Creating a frantic killer is not something these studios have had much skill in creating. Of course, when the acting is secondary to ultimately getting touched, who knows? PST has done a much better job than most in finding capable male acting talent.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Sexuality/assaults: Once Victoria's character succumbs to her rapist, she is quickly dragged down the hall and thrown upon a bed. In some of the better rough handling scenes filmed during an erotic-horror assault, her limp frame is tossed around into more accessible positions as she is briefly dry humped and stripped. Her shirt is ripped open and her bra pulled down as her breasts are repeatedly kissed and slapped. As she is moved around in order for her lower body to be stripped for her rape, her corpse is punched by a disrespectful and hostile killer(aren't they all?). Her urine stained jeans and wet panties are then pulled off over her legs and feet as her dead limbs spread open and flail about as her bloodied face stares blankly towards the ceiling. Her limp and battered body is then assaulted in various positions until her killer finally lets loose a cum-shot onto her dead belly. He then quickly wipes the scene of cum and fingerprints before hastily walking away.

While I do believe this was one of the better erotic-horror assaults, this movie does illustrate one important factor as to why I do not buy like I once did: serial rapists without purpose with one-and-done assaults. Naturally there will be a place for quick, spontaneous assaults, unfortunately, most sexual assaults have become patterned and predictable. A killer murders a woman for rape, briefly assaults her in one or more positions then quickly departs. One body, one cum-shot. Not only does he fail to do anything else while he has access to her body, home/apartment and possessions, but he rarely shows any hostility or ever says a word. These have become largely silent movies. In terms of people speaking, the PST cameraman talks more then the killers nowadays. These movies have become too predictable and vanilla of late. Luckily American Gothic 3 did a good job at somewhat breaking that pattern. Although it is still sadly a silent and predictable one and done assault. I also don't mean to specifically target PST productions, but their movies are all I ever trust to buy nowadays.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Elements of suffering: Victoria's character is put through the grinder. She plays a real victim that suffers and dies horribly simply to be sexually assaulted and left to rot on her bed. Her character is punched while both dead and alive; her neck broken after her initial death (a decent neck-break but, not overly convincing--they rarely are) she is wounded greatly by the tight ligature; sporting a heavy neck wound with moderate amounts of blood from both her nose and mouth. While drooling is almost non-existent in this production and the typical death drool is sadly not present, she does deliver a glorious and well-timed death piss that stains the crotch of her tight jeans. She is also barefoot during the entire kill. Beyond that, she is dragged, tossed, roughly stripped and briefly dry-humped before her rape. All of which is shown and is purposely made to look very harsh towards the victim. It is largely well done. It was very erotic to see an innocent, strangled woman's suffering portrayed to be so genuine and graphic.

Production quality: Again, this is where PST slips the most. However, in the case of American Gothic 3, the flubs were few and far between. The picture quality isn't up to today's standards, but it is still good. The editing is very solid for a PST movie with only a few minor issues like camera noise, but nothing glaring of note. One small issue would be Victoria's makeup fading as the production reached its conclusion (an issue he has experienced with his underrated and short-lived bloody store productions). Overall, I'd have to say this was one of his 10 finest movies. To put it bluntly, American Gothic 3 is an erotic-horror masterwork. Furthermore, PST's entire American Gothic series is very solid. With American Gothic 2 being my next favorite in the series.

Reviewer grade: 9/10*

*This rating is aimed at fans of the more gritty, violent, and realistic strangulation/rape scenarios.
Avatar: Mae Meyers just moments from her inevitable death and rape in Psycho-Thriller's, After the Sunset 2
neceros
What is your main fetish?: Elegant erotic mayhem.
Sexy death stares, light bondage.
Upskirt in death , disheveled clothes , nude but not nude look.
Why do you want to join this forum?: To comment.
Referral: From Nitcheclips.

Re: PST's American Gothic 3 (reviewing the classics)

Post by neceros »

I agree about Victoria Lawson , I know of no other fetish actress who can do a death grimace better, alas it does not seem to be a part of erotic horror , usually, to do a death mask. I mean if Alfred Hitchcock can do it .... well gee.
I love what is , I think, Victoria's first video for PT, Cock Tease... that one is sensational.