Review: Thirty One

Reviews of Chris B's films can be posted to this forum!

Moderator: Admin

DP2099
What is your main fetish?: asphyxiation.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a fan of the various producers and I like the discussion.
Referral: I honestly can't remember.

Review: Thirty One

Post by DP2099 »

Oh hi! I didn't see you there. I'm DP2099, the guy who recently commissioned Thirty-One, a new Kiki-starring custom from Chris Corner.

I had this "girl reporter meets a bad end" idea in my head for little while, but I also had wanted for a long time to do a more explicit version of the second kill scene in The January Man, as a woman is killed in a sheer nightie but it's shot from behind, which was pretty effective for a movie but also left me with indigo... well, you know. I also was in a stocking sort of mood.

So I decided to combine the two, and have Kiki as a reporter who's chasing a story of corruption while the city has most of their attention attuned to the Prime Number Killer, who is, just like in the January Man, strangling women on dates set on prime numbers. Kiki's character is smart enough to know that there are bad things for the city going on in the long term, so she concentrates on the unsexy stories. That makes her a target.

I didn't want to do a sex scene, or a rape scene but I did want Kiki to have a bit of fun, so I wrote in a scene of her choking herself in some sexy lingerie with stockings, and didn't leave any specifics on how. Kiki went above and beyond by hanging herself off a dresser and, well, as with my previous custom, Her Last Call, there's nothing shameful about painting the walls before you even get to the death.

So later on Kiki is awakened by a strange noise (it's implied the killer has been hiding in the apartment for a while). She puts on a robe, and this time she surprised me again by sneaking around like a cat looking for the noise. It was a pretty cute bit of improvisation. But all good things must come to an end, and Kiki soon finds herself attacked.

I know I sound like a broken record, but Kiki is once again superb. She fights hard, super-hard. The she does a fine job communicating at first confusion as to what's happening and then terror fighting for her life against this relentless killer. Her eyes are consumed by fear as much as resolve. And when she finally surrenders, it's terrible. While I'm all for bad girls getting it, I think it's just as powerful when you don't want her do die as much as you, well, do. Kiki is great for that kind of victim. It's all in the eyes (and she's always had, from the beginning, one of the most sustained death stares I've ever seen. It's kind of spooky).

Chris and co did another fine job with terrific turnaround. Kiki is one of the strongest actresses in this genre, period, and again, I implore you all- if you want someone who will give you her all, HIRE THIS WOMAN. You will NOT be disappointed.
Chris B

Re: Review: Thirty One

Post by Chris B »

Thanks DP! It was a blast and I always love your scripts. Thanks again! CB