Boycott Deadskirts Producers

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

manoir

Boycott Deadskirts Producers

Post by manoir »

I call for all consumers of conscience to henceforth boycott any producer who peddles their wares on DeadSkirts because doing so constitutes an endorsement of the lies, calumny and misogyny that has become the sole signature of that board.
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Re: Boycott Deadskirts Producers

Post by Bluestone »

Hi Manoir,

Great to see you posting here! Very interesting topic, which I will stay out of, since I do advertize at DS as does Dalila and others here. I am seriously considering not bothering doing so though. For example, my last shooting video "Deadly Rendezvous" was NOT advertized there. I'm trying to ween myself off of that board. I like the people there, like you, but I find it more producer-unfriendly than simply pro-consumer.

Looking forward to seeing what opinions this topic evokes from others.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
tOkie
What is your main fetish?: Femme Demise
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am as real as it getz

Post by tOkie »

I would ponder the effect a boycott of those producers that advertise there. Without the producers themselves boycotting that particular board, this concept does not work, especially since most (if not all) said producers also advertise on other boards as well.
Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Post by Den-CnB »

manoir wrote:I call for all consumers of conscience to henceforth boycott any producer who peddles their wares on DeadSkirts because doing so constitutes an endorsement of the lies, calumny and misogyny that has become the sole signature of that board.
I don't advertise there - CnB -, same with Paul - KHP, and at least Peter - Catharsis all three long time major sites and producers or in my case community productions. Maybe more producers that I am forgetting that are exclusive here and or also use Poisoned Paradigm.

To be honest, my sales actually went up after I was banned and stayed up so I have no incentive to return. I checked my hits into my site from DS and it was only 15 a week! You need at least 450 hits per sale due to the recession/depression and to be fair, the rest of the message boards are about the same and advertising on them makes no difference. I do it for members so they can see what is on site each week. I use Templar for 15% of my hits and 80% of my hits in are 'direct hits in', all unrelated to message boards.

Boycotting producers there will make no difference but most of the community producers are on this forum and don't have to worry about being ambused with absurd posts.

Dennis
Dalila di Capri

Post by Dalila di Capri »

Hello,

Manoir has openly called for a boycott of my work and has accused me of being "in league" with Geno due to a thread that I posted at DS yestrerday.

"In League" is my term Manoir, not yours, but I believe that they sum up your comments.

I have replied to his post in public and sent a follow up post to him in private.

I am asking all of you producers and webmasters who know me to verify that I am NOT in league with Geno, that I am NOT receiving special treatment from him, and that in fact I am a huge supporter of THIS PARTICULAR board including much effort to bring additional traffic to it.

If Manoir would visit this board more often he would see my many posts and attempts to bring interest and an actress' point of view to it FF

This is the problem: too many people who advise us as producers not to advertise at DS still go there themselves.

Until the monopoly that DS has on traffic is broken by healthy competition DS will continue to dominate.

Dennis I appreciate your comments that sales actually went up because you no longer advertise there.
Perhaps the DS traffic is nothing more than a bunch of cheap fans who want the clips for free and think nothing of filesharing.

We won't know until we can get this board the traffic it deserves.

Much of that would be assisted if customers such as Manior who disapprove of Geno would stop going to DS instead of organizing boycotts against individual producers.

I hope you all understand where I stand with this.
Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Post by Den-CnB »

Hi Dalila,

I know you are not in league or have any association with Geno other than another poster on his Forum. You have your own site and can link your photos directly from it, so it certainly has never been about getting space from Geno.

However, since the traffic is high you will get rapid exposure to more people in less time than posting to several other forums. At some point, there will be diminishing returns and posting to a friendly forum as this one and or forums as PP will better serve your purposes and mental health than being on guard or have to defend some or many of your posts as is often the case for producers on DS.

Dennis
Dalila di Capri

Thank you Dennis,

This Manoir, is the type of man I am in league with, and proud to say it.

I usually discuss any kind of major move I am going to make with Dennis first.
I did not consider my post yesterday at DS to be anything major at all.

It was simply an opinion. It was also a challenge. In my post I assert that Geno is so anti producer and anti social that he could not possibly have a side deal going with any other producer.

Now if that proves to be incorrect, and Geno DOES have some sort of side deal with another producer, let's say that he will attack all other producers but one, suddenly he no longer enjoys his status of objectivity.

So in other words, Geno's nose had better be clean. If it comes out that he has been playing favorites in an organized attempt to crush forums or producers he doesn't like his status with the community will be ruined.

That is what I was saying.

How Ironic that instead you jumped to the completely incorrect conclusion that I am in league with Geno.

Dennis is also correct when he says that I have my own site and can post picutres there whenever I want. What was I doing instead?? Posting pictures here and posting a link at DS.

Do you think Geno liked that? No he most certainly did not, and played painful games with me for 2 days.

So what do I get for this? A call for a boycott from you.

At this point you can apologize, but your heavy handed attack of me will leave a bad taste in my mouth for a long time.
tOkie

Post by tOkie »

I haven't been back to that board since I left last October so, I don't really know which or even how many producers advertise there.

My point, like that of others that have posted in this thread, is simply this...If you are like I am and don't care to have to deal with all the turmoil, then just don't frequent that place. It's a plain and simple answer to a plain and simple problem.
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

I, like you, am not exactly a member of the Geno fan club ,but my argument is with him and only a few members of DS. I do not despise DS as a whole.

Having said the above, I do not believe that I can personally condone boycotting the producers that advertise on DS. Our board is priding itself on being friendly to producers, so this would run contrary to our thoughts and play right into Geno's hands. It is also counter-rproductive in that we would be doing the community a disservice by denying consumers access to the very people they bring to this community, especially now when times are tough economically.

As for Dalila, she only plays Mata Hari in her videos, but in real life, she is a pastsa loving ,intelligent and beautiful woman. She is far too bright to be a crony of Geno.

Please feel free to roam the board and make your comments, you don't have to be a producer for us to be friendly to you. Have a drink at the Bluestone mansion, I don't think he would mind paying for it (amazing how I spend his money).

Kevin67
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Dalila--I am so sorry there are people that get some sort of ego boost by hurting others. I am sure Manior really did not mean to direct it at you personally. Why would he. He does not know you...or me....or Geno or anyone for that matter. We don't know him. He could be someone that not get computer privileges. Or, he could be the Pope. There is no way of knowing.

This process, and I have seen it before, fills some sort of personal need. We, fulfill that need with our responses. Everyone who comments, plays a part in this game. Look, I just did--I am playing now.

But, just know, for the most part, the majority of forum members on any forum are not like those antagonistic, narcissistic or socialpathic few that thrive on conflicts or having missions or adgendas, etc. Forums for the most part are just a bunch of people with opinions talking. And, sometimes, there are conflicts....especially because there are different levels of wit and drive behind each poster.

Most people are just like you and I. Reasonable, tolerant off all that happens. No matter how incomprehensible Geno gets or if I feel bad about a comment he makes, I try to remember, it really is not that big of deal. That goes for it all. Absorb the positive energy, ignore the haters. Karma will sort it all out.

Finally, as far as advertising. The most important thing in my life is family. If I let my emotions and personal feelings dictate where I advertise, that would just be bad business. Family first, ego much, much later.

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
Dalila di Capri

Thanks boys.

John, your points are excellent. None of us really do know each other all that well, and I have to say that the people who are most out on a limb are the actors and actresses who appear in these films.

It is one thing to be a lurking fan with an id like "super stabber" and quite another to show yourself on film time and again.

I really hope that Manoir will calm down. The last thing that I want is a fan who thinks of me as anything other than I am: An independent producer trying to market her material on the accepted forums.

Kevin:

I like what you said about not defaming DS just because Geno is disagreeable.
There are many fans there who just want to have fun and post. Some of them are strong customers, so it would be a lie to say that all of them are cheap.

I don't like seeing my work or Paul,s or John's stolen and illegally shared, but the best way to handle that is to explain what Paul has said specifically: It costs money to produce these films.

I am lucky because I am a woman, and still young enough and pretty enough to die well.
At the same time I am searching for othe ractresses and I will have many of the same costs that Paul has if I want to do scenes with other beautiful models and actresses, which I most certainly do!

I know that this will work out one way or another, but really I was hoping that at very least after making such a strong statement Manoir would at least come back one more time and speak to me directly.

Ah well...
bellystabs

Post by bellystabs »

I will not boycott any producer who advertises on DS and I will not criticize Manoir or anyone else for having a membership there.

I do admire Peter’s decision and I find Dennis and Paul’s statistics compelling. I never joined DS because I despise how the little tin-pot dictator constantly spews his bile at members and models and producers and providers. He suspended Big O a while back; that was just downright cruel and pathetic. His crude insults about Britton were despicable, and then he banned Dennis and Paul. Later he said it was just a big joke. Pond scum smells better than his lies. Now he is provoking JohnM, PennPaul, and Dalila. I am amazed at their civility in the midst of his incivility. Is he too arrogant or dimwitted to realize that if it weren’t for the producers, forums like DS wouldn’t exist in the first place?

From a consumer’s perspective, I started buying online erotic horror in 1999. I didn’t discover DS until last year. I found Dark Sites http://www.darksites.net/Menu.htm with all the “Top 100” listings when I first started searching 10 years ago. From there I found Necrobabes, Killville, DDG, Wave, PSV, CNB, KHP, RueMorgue, PKF, Peter, Orgasmagoria (Nicheclips), Annabelle’s Fantasy, Bluestone, PennPaul, Debbie D, Dalila, Amazon Warriors, and every other producer from whom I have purchased during the past decade. I think any true fan of erotic horror will relentlessly track down erotic horror movies regardless (or in spite) of DS.

I do still visit DS since it is still part of our small community. I found a terrific Pirate Girl Sword Fight poser that a member created last December, and I hope he finishes it some day. I also must have some morbid fascination with Geno. It’s like watching the Jerry Springer show. At times he reminds me of the Saddam Hussein character in “Hot Shots! Part Deux” and at other times he simply reminds me of Saddam Hussein. I keep watching to see if someone sprays him with a fire extinguisher and turns him into a dog-faced mutt, or if he figuratively is hanged by his own noose someday.
Last edited by bellystabs on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tOkie

Post by tOkie »

Ms. di Capri makes many great points on this entire subject, one of which is that most of us really don't know each other, beyond a nickname.

That being said, given time and aptitude, we can see into the demeanor of some. There are posters that do all they can to stir controversy and, let's face fact here...bad news gets more (however undeserved) attention than good news, every time. In the short 1 year span since I have discovered these forums, I have heard the "end" pronounced more than just a few times for most all of the boards. I dare say that when you have a flurry of activity, even though it is presented as turmoil, it is that spark that ignites an explosion of posting. Slight-of-hand illusion to get ratings, just as is done on your nightly newscast.

I prefer the non-tumultuous boards. However, I also see that those boards have members that are also members at DS. The other thing I see, is that many who are members on other boards, seem to be pronouncedly more inactive on the board I am a member of. Having just become a member on this board, I cannot speak to that same topic. I can, however, look at the member list of the board I have been a member of for nearly a year now and see the same members there that were on DS a year ago. I can also see that the amount of posts by those DS members started out strong at the implementation of the new board and dwindled to nothing within a few weeks.

I, too, would Like Manoir to step back in this thread and comment. That in itself, would give me reason to believe that he posted this thread for good, not just as a set-up to get some of us stirred up into a mob mentality of forum bashing. I tend to see it as trying to start a mob scene, due to this being one of two exact same threads that have been posted on two (that I know of) boards. I have also seen this same modus operandi from Manoir many times in the past. It is a hit-and-run process, leaving only the ones called out to seek answers to the questions raised.
Dalila di Capri

Hi Bellystabs,

This is all I or anyone else has the right to ask.

It seems as though from the people who count: People such as Dennis, Paul, John M, Blue, Penn, and all of the fans of this material, that I am still respected despite Manoir's concerns that I was selling out to Geno.

Nothing could be further from the truth:

This is what Geno has said about me in the past

1. I was accused of being a man (This rumor still persists. There are people out there who think I was a man and was converted into a woman sugically! That rumor was born at FG when "Eugene" made that claim.)

2. I was called insane because I have been stabbed in RL but still enjoy fantasy death scenes.
(One has nothing to do with the other)

3. I have been called a variety of names such as: "slut, cunt, whore...ect..."

4. Lately he has accused me of trying to plot against him simply because I would rather post my pictures and commentraies here than at DS. (When someone calls you a slut whore cunt etc...would you not also post elsewhere??)

I believe that a good consumer forum is vital to our community. I also believe that having two really strong ones, a Coke and Pepsi if you will, keeps everybody honest and sane.

I don't like the way Geno behaves and I think that he should be called out for his various nasty activities. There is no neeed however to try to "put him out of business" Keeping him honest with honest competition is a much better goal.

What we need as well is to make sure that things are friendly and positive here.

Our new actress Evangline expressed deep concerns about going into this genre because she saw all of the fighting back and forth.

We need to make sure that ladies such as Evangelene, with all that potential talent, won't be scared off by the nonsense and will want to act instead.

So yes I was a bit upset this morning, but I am back to normal. :wink:

Baci

and for tOakie,

Thanks as well for your comments
Dalila di Capri

Penn,

You are a true gentleman...thanks for pointing that out.

I like to think of myself as independent.

There are those I openly adore.

Dennis of CnB is at the top of that list.

Geno is not.

I respect his hard work, but detest his antics.

I have been saying that since 2004 and I plan to say that until 2014
(That is when I will re-access my assets and consider again my front of camera activities.)

Special lip stick coated Baci for you...still looking forward to November.

Bring your pendulum!!