The Imprinting Theory!!!

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

kevin67

Re: The Imprinting Theory!!!

Post by kevin67 »

Hi Max and fellow members,

I did indeed enjoy Ripley's book, but I wouldn't call it a gospel. I was going to point out that there are two environments involved in this matter, the internal and external environ-
ment. The internal environment could play a big role in the turning off and on of genes.
I am speculating, but the turning on and off of the genes may not be as exacting as we
believe. I, like you, believe that genetics has some role to play in determining behavior. Consider how they treat mental illness today. Many conditions, like manic depression and even paranoia, are treated with drugs that control the behavior. This is an indication that there is a chemical inbalance in the body. If this is not a chemical inbalance caused by some external modification,then the genes, which makes all the chemicals in the body, must be responsible to some degree.

We might also consider the fact that two very young people could watch a movie that contains the death of one or more women. One would not be affected by it ,while the other could develop a death fetish. The likihood of this being purely the external environment is very unlikely to me.

I must say that this has been a very interesting topic with good submissions by all
involved.

Max- Thank you for your book suggestions, I will be checking them out. As you pointed out, there is much to be learned in this area and new information is discovered
each day.

Sincerely Kevin 67
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

Very good points, kevin. I'm glad you shared your thoughts and the information from Ridley.

:approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

Max
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Post by Nightposter »

This is all very interesting, kevin , I think a trip to the Library might be in the works for me....
I too played with the kids in the neighborhood, kops and robbers, kidnapping fair damsels and keeping them in your castle, as I got older, TV came on to the scene.

TV in our house was the Cubs games, Ed Sullivan, and the news. Kids programs after schools and saturday mornings. Most of the time, it was off.
The scene that still sticks in my mind after all these years:
Some weekly TV detective show, that showed the crime during the opening credits.
A female uniformed officer ( security or police ) sitting behind a desk when two men rush into the room, one pulls her away from the desk and phone, and starts to work her over, while the other breaks into a door. First guy pins her to a wall, arm twisted behind her back, his hand over her mouth. Second guy opens a safe ( he has the combination on a slip of paper) and pulls several envelopes out of the safe, trashes the room and leaves. Tells the first guy he has the stuff and leaves. First guy spins the officer around and punches her in the stomach, she doubles over and he backs away as if he was leaving. Second guy stops at the door and says "no witnesses", then leaves. First guy smiles, grabs the woman off the floor and throws her at the desk, pinning her face up over the desk ( this was in the 60's, her uniform shirt was tight and she was wearing one of those bras that made her boobs look like a couple of torpedoes pushing at the shirt). He slaps her a couple of times, grabs the phone, wraps the non coil cord around her neck and strangles her.

He leaves, last scene before it faded was a look at the dead officer, head turned away from the camera, arms and legs hanging off the sides of the desk and those boobs pointing towards the ceiling straining to pop out of the shirt.

The next scene after commercial , she was still on the desk, under a sheet, and the shows starts were trying to figure out what was taken, boring from then on....
:wink:
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

Hi,

Hightposter -Wow, your description of the scene that turned you on was fantastic.
I am sitting here with the air conditioning on aftrer reading it , and its forty degrees
outside in New York.

I see you are a possible old timer, because you mentioned Ed Sullivan. I am an old coot ,and I have a hard time convincing my fellow board members that I didn't take a stagecoach to school. Oh well. I also see you are a Cub fan, and I am a Met fan, maybe we can cry on each other shoulders. What is this World Series they keep talking about and who
are the Yankees?

Yes, I agree that this thread was very interesting and I am hoping that there are more intelligent ideas posted on this board.

Max- It was a pure pleasure to read your enlightening and well informed opinions.

Sincerely Kevin 67
chton

Post by chton »

Interesting thread indeed. I have to say I think the scene that always comes back to me as an early start of this fetish was the opening of Jaws. I certainly remember lots of stuff from all the various late 70's early 80's slasher flicks what with their mixing of violence and sexuality as well. But on the other hand I think it a bit silly to dismiss any genetic components. There is a lot of information encoded within our DNA and while we are not solely products of our genes they certainly provide a starting point. We are not slaves of our biochemistry, but we surely are products of it.