Why do we post????

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Geno
What is your main fetish?: fantasy female death
Why do you want to join this forum?: Because Bluestone asked me to.
Referral: DeadSkirts pre-dates FF and I own deadSkirts. So I know

Re: Why do we post????

Post by Geno »

Night Owl wrote:Looking at most of the threads here I see lots and lots of hits but only a fair amount of replies. Which can only mean at this time this forum has an awful lot of lurkers who for what ever reason rather lurk then reply. Maybe they're the silent majority :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some owner learn the hard way that they are largely responsible about whether register members will post or not. There are many secrets to doing that. On thing you have to do highlight the feeling the individual member. Just like Templar said. A member works on a project for 3 hours and get no responses. Not even the owner pay him any attention. But he sure to continue giving compliments to the staff members of his site.

The board has one of the highest lurker to poster percentages. There is a rival board out there that has a lower lurker to poster ratio, but they have limited theirselves greatly by haveing a highly unfocused board, with more than 10 divisions. They have owners, who even less so than here, don't interact with their on any accepatable level.

Of course there is one board out there that is highly focused A board where all members or a even a new commer, can post and the red carpet goes out immediately for him or her. A place where their voice is heard right from the start and managment , along with it's staff and fellow members, treat every member as if their thoughts and feeling are very important. They don't just claim it in words on the board, the show it, with there actions. Where members are the center of attraction on their own threads. A place where they can come and on 1 or 2 divisions of board, they can be update quickly in the happenings of our community.[/size]

Geno
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

I think I know which highly focused board that is, but the off topic forum at that site has really slowed down; almost dried up. In fact, the amount of debate and discussion has dropped off so much that the owner has to go elsewhere in order to find active participants. :eek:
Geno

Post by Geno »

When that "all topic board" was built , there were no rival boards, and FF had not been created yet. Now that those boards have been built, the fair minded owner knows there are a lot of undisiplined hotheads who would like to challenge him to debates on equal grounds, so he does it to prove he can handle himself in all enviorments, not only when he is in his palace, but right out here on the open range.

That "all topic" board, hit for hit moves faster than main board over here. More than 100 hits per 2 days per title. Most people visit that board, not to handle the day to day real life events, but to get away from it. The main section of that highly focused board move extremely fast. Hunders of hits within hours. That is heart and soul of why the entire site.

So why do we post?...It lies most heavily on the type of owner you have, and his moderators, and the fetish on hand. If you have uncaring non-fetishers, selective enforcement of the policies, insenstive claims of micro-managment when problems are report and just poor public relations, even on the subject when you correct, that has an effect on whether people will post. No one want to post and be ignored. A message board must provide a very high attention span for it members.

I may start all over from scratch, just to show you how's it done someday Max5s.
:yes:
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

I totally agree with Templars evaluation and to an extent Geno is saying the same thing.
We do need to stride to get more people to participate on this board. However I don't really see any true constructive ways to better ourselves in Geno's advice.

In my opinion I don't see this board as being unfocused, it's a word that connotates that we don't know where we are going. This board , in my opinion is a form to discuss matters
that deal with the fantasy death fetish. I haven't seen anything on this board that runs
contrary to that concept. In addition I have visited that other unfocused board and I
didn't see any confusion there as to their concepts. Why they are even in this discussion is a mystery to me.

Next, I don't see the atmosphere on this board as looking threatening or uninviting.
People can see that we rib each other and Blue has shown a great amount of patience and
a good sense of humor. We all know that Blue has a day job, does his video work and runs
this board. That is a lot to bite off and chew and sometimes cannot stop every five
minutes to answer some of the things he should not have to deal with. I know he answers
his email and shows the sender a lot of respect. I also do not see any bad vibes , for the
most part, on the other so called unfocused board.

Finally, I don't like the term, lurkers, for people who don't post on a board. They
can be called the silent majority or the silent ones, whatever but not lurkers. the term
sounds so unfriendly.

Each message board has its own flavor and a way to accomplsh their goals. It would be
boring and redundant, if we were all carbon copies. In my opinion, none of the message boards I surf are perfect, including the so called focused board. The focused board has had
far too many flareups , called debates, to really foster the comfortable atmosphere that
the said manager claims. Once again, what does the alleged site, claiming to be focused ,have to do with this threat. I see no example there. That is why I post here ,to express my opinion and what I have stated is what I have seen and read.
Geno

Post by Geno »

The "unfocused board" I was refering to, has more than ten divisions and is ran by a couple of women who to hate all men because of tramatic events in their lives. The forum is by people who don't answer their e-mails, or take the time out to interact with each of their members, except the one they play favorites to. No one said that FF was unfocused. Off all the problems on FF, that's is not one them. All FF needs it a little direction and I am the guy that knows how, but I am encountering heavy resistance along the way.

What you are saying , in effect, Kevin67 is would be boring of all 5 star hotels had pretty maids, and gave great room service, had baggage handlers, valet parking, cleaning service, laundry service, and so on. Well you know something, they all do, and they are still very different hotels. We are not talking about making a DeadSkirts clone. We are talking about FF having the same basic qualities as DeadSkirts.

1. Moderators who keep it on a professional level even if they don't have the fetish.
2. An Onwer that answers all of his e-mails.
3. An owner and moderator who introduces stimulating topic.
4. A board with a minimum of seperate board. 10 boards is no good.
5. A place to express opinions and disagreement know that name calling will not be
tolerated.
6. Respect and love women in real life. Seperate your fantasies from the way you treat women in real life.

We are talking about basic qualities and minimum standards, not about making a DS Clone. The same with those 5 star hotels. They are all different , but you can expect them to have the same minimum standards.

Geno
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

I don't think that unfocused board with all those categories is such a bad place. Now that most of the members have quit wasting a lot of space criticizing the owner of a rival board, they now post their artwork and stories and go about their business. And some interesting discussions pop up on the off topic forum.
Geno

Post by Geno »

When you have an unfocused board, you have a place where everyone does his or her own thing. It not necessarily bad, but at the same time you will never realize your full goals of the female death fantasy. You have people on one board, who will never venture over to the next division of the same board. You have to check everyboard there to find out what is completely going on. People are always posting on the wrong boards too. When it was if first started those confused owner's seem to put effort into responding to the concerns of their members...

They would actually answer e-mails and handle complaints, for a very short time. Then due to health reasons, early burn out, or whatever, they slacked off completely. They bragged about free speech, yet to this day, they have not made a fact of it. I went over to that board, and met up with the most defiant member of both boards, a guy name Manoir. Free Speech was a joke?, even for two women who pride themselves on ignoring e-mails, they were both bombarded so hard by e-mail complaints, that even the uncaring webmistresses couldn't ignore it.

The problem here is not an unfocused board. I never said that Kevin67. Of course it's focused here. The problem is encouraging members to post by the actions of the owner and it's moderators. It easy to verbally say it a free speech board and to "come one folks!! post here....I claim I don't bite.", but what's going to really happen once they post out in the open? :?

Just about every post introduced here seems to have some commerical motive behind it. Take for instance the post on female super heros. Yes members want to share their fantasies, but they don't want somebody reaching in their wallet everytime they take the venture and post about their fantasies.

Sincerley Geno
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

Hi
Geno wrote

What you are saying , in effect, Kevin67 is would be boring of all 5 star hotels had pretty maids, and gave great room serv]ce, had baggage handlers, valet parking, cleaning service, laundry service, and so on. Well you know something, they all do, and they are still very different hotels. We are not talking about making a DeadSkirts clone. We are talking about FF having the same basic qualities as DeadSkirts.

1. Moderators who keep it on a professional level even if they don't have the fetish.
2. An Onwer that answers all of his e-mails.
3. An owner and moderator who introduces stimulating topic.
4. A board with a minimum of seperate board. 10 boards is no good.
5. A place to express opinions and disagreement know that name calling will not be
tolerated.
6. Respect and love women in real life. Seperate your fantasies from the way you treat women in real life.

Geno, you are a piece of work. Let's start with the hotel idea, haven't you heard the
expression, "Too much of a good thing is bad for you, always do things in moderation."
There was a Twilight Zone episode that depicte a gambler who made a pact with the devil that he would never lose. Guess whst, Geno, he found it boring after a while. Now do you get the idea.

Now, let us look at your suggestion list, which by the way should probably be oin the thread
which asks how we can improve. The professional management of your board ( I am not talking about your moderators). It seems to me that a well managed board can control
the flareups that can occur with on an All Topic Board. Recenly on a supposedly well run
board some of the top producers ( part of the boards main advertising) were at each
others throat. Finally, one of the posters requested that management step in, until then, there was no action on the moderators or the nanagers part. So much for professionalism. It
sounds more like a Wreslting Federation melee then a death fetish board.

An owner answers all his email, I have found my emails to Blue get his attention, I think you
confused us with somebody else. Another shot at the other unfocused board, Geno. how
cleverly you manage to keep getting your venom in on this site.

The moderator introduces stimulating topics. Blue has started several threads, like this one,
and so has several other members. I look at the so called focused board and I see all sorts of people starting a thread, not just the moderator or manager.We are unique here in that
we are attached to a site that makes death fetish videos, and we do not have an All Topic board, just an On Topic board. We should focus more on the making of those videos.

The next suggestion makes no sense to me because we don't have 10 boards here. This is
just another shot at the supposed unfocused board. Redundant at the least.

Name calling and expressing opinions- No one attacked you because you like pussy shots
and don't like super heroines.You entitled opinion is duly noted , but it doen't mean we have to follow it. Maybe Blue is trying something different to his previous work, it is his site and
his call. I do belive he does consider our opinion.

Respecting women- You should never print something like this because you are most vulnerable on this topic. In case you don't know it lesbians are women, even if you don't care
for their life styles. Calling them dykes and man haters shows little respect for women
and violates your own rules, both on this board and your own.

Shall we try Suzi who said no to your pussy shooting fantasy. Your called her, Miss Prissy,
and insisted that she do the pussy shot anyway. Did it occur to you that you were not respecting her wishes. It doesn't matter whether she likes her tits shot off or not, she
said no and you did not respect her decision. So much for respecting women.

Maybe if you would follow what you preach, people might be more open to listening to you.
You know how to stop a flareup, you simply walk away from it. That is exactly what I
am going to do at this time. A good friend of mine , a female, recently passed away and
I have no more time or patience to waste any more words on you. Turn out the light when you leave.

Sincerely Kevin 67
Last edited by kevin67 on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Hi Kevin67,

Just a note. It appears that you made the exact same post three times. I just deleted the duplicate posts for you.

My sincere condolences on your friend's passing.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Geno

Very Easily Confused Kevin67

Post by Geno »

Poor old Kevin67. You got confused because I was talking about 3 boards. I did not mean to go so fast for you, my friend. First of all, I was not taking about the sexual preference of women, but whether or not they hate the male gender. We have lesbians on DeadSkirts, but they don't hate you Kevin67, because you are male.

I told you ,the the topics that are introduces by the managment of FF , here are seem to have a commericial motive behind each question. I also told you that ,what you call a "Flare-up" is a debate. There was no name calling toward active DeadSkirts members, so it was allow to continue with an explaination, Kevin67. If someone reported to it me, even if it was not the type we interfere with, I am sure I would have answer them, and explained that we have debates on that board. You obviously have blantant fear of debates Mr. Kevin67, and would condemn both DeadSkirts and FemmeFatalities for allowing them.

I was just kidding when I called Suzi "Miss Prizzy", which was first introduced in a piece of excellent constructive criticism by a member name Paul (Pfnca). You are taking it out of context because you just want to limit and restrict your own horizons. I don't care what her wishes were. She a model and fetish actress. It was was no harm, and no foul ,to ask Suzi Leigh to do a pussy shooting, which has proven to be a rich untapped source of eroticism. Don't believe, just ask Bluestone. A true pussy shooting done correctly, will be well recieved by the public. Look for my review, if you have the nerve to revisit DeadSkirts, for other reasons than taking some playful name calling out of context, Mr. Kevin67. :shake:

For your information Mr. Kevin67, Miss Suzi Liegh has agreed do to a pussy shot and it comming as early as this summer. It already been done. I'm so sorry you despise that fantasy so much. It really wasn't made for you anyway. One man's trash is another man's gold...remember that Kevin67. :yes:

Geno
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

This topic is "Why do we Post?". I don't want to hijack that topic by getting into a discussion as to the merits of various boards. As Kevin67 so rightly pointed out, there is another thread asking how can this board be improved. That is where the Geno-inspired discussion should be taken. This thread should continue to cater to the central question about why individuals post or don't post on this or any other board.

As for why I post commercial motivated messages, that is simple. I'm interested in keeping the FF paysite and Silk Videos paysite commercially successful, since they are the sponsoring sites of this FF forum. If anyone doesn't want to read these posts or purchase videos or memberships, that's fine, but many people here are interested in the actresses and the goings on at Silk Videos. So, that is why I post these threads! :wink:

Feel free to start non-commercial topics. I've started many myself, since I am interested in hearing all about this fetish, and I am not just interested in commercial promotion. Obviously, since DeadSkirts is not sponsored by a paysite, Geno has nothing to sell over there personally, but several producers (myself included) do post commercial announcements there.

So, let's get back to the topic at hand. Why do you post???

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Geno

Post by Geno »

No one, not even kevin67, is highjacking anything. :? Really.......that's a word that should be used very, very sparingly around here. Now one is exactly trying to break into this thread and post anything, beside Kevin67, Max5s, and myself. Don't worry you made yourself clear and Kevin will not be returning to this thread, because, he will not be able to squeeze in some more anti-DS or anti-geno comments, which he shouldn't do anyway. That's leave only the topic on hand to post on. "Why do you post?" Mark my words. I know this because of my extensive behavoir experence by watching countless members , after the law has been laid down before them. :yes:

Now that's taken care of, I can speak directly to the subject, since this appears to be the first non-commerically motivated question you have ask in recent history. Why do I post?.. I can proudly answer that one. I post because, as a 44 year old, I have had my share of being in the closet with my fetish in my earlier years. I have had the blank stares looking at me when I dared give a girl or a close male friend his first peek into my fetish. Whether I'm a looking at television and see a nice clean bloodless kill and I tell him, "Boy that way sexy wasn't it?" He did not think it was sexy be she was "dead" on screen. I know the tourture of think you are the only one with this fetish and how you may feel that you are lantent killer or something. :shake:

Now that boards and forums like this exist I can free post my thoughts and fantasies about the female death fetish. I still want to people to listen and get a response when I do that. I want to find people who think like I do, so maybe we can hook up in the e-mail or on the telephone. I like to post stories, give reviews of movies, or pictrues that compliment my fantasies. All along I know when I do that, I am turning on some other guy out there, and he and I both love women. Women who love men too.

It lonely in the closet when you have your fantasies. Just like my pussy shooting fantasies. If I can post and be a leader in a fetish that I know that not only I like,....but many many men and women also like that fantasy, I will proudly take the lead and encourge the to post on the pussy shootings for instead. Even start a pussy lover club with the death fetish members. Why I could get a good 10 to 20 vocal members! I post to seduce other into joining in on a fetish they love buy may be too shy to post on.

I guess all off us have to be able to share out fantasies with someone. Those that are too shy, can always track the vocal members who have the same fetish and enjoy it. I notice when I start talking about and posting on pussy shots, I can smoke out some lurkers ( sorry about using the word for a quickie Kevin) :D who have not posted in months.

That is why I personally post, and believe many others are motivated by simlular reasons.

Sincerley Geno :approve:
EvilBilly
What is your main fetish?: Superheroine Death Peril
Why do you want to join this forum?: To learn more about the community and connect with producers of custom short movies.
Referral: Bluestone's Silk N' Blood website

Post by EvilBilly »

I post because I like interacting with others who share this fetish, plain and simple. Knowing that I belong to a community is very appealing, I don't feel so 'singled out'.
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates...I drank what...?"
Real Genius
evilbilly7464@yahoo.com
julieharvey

Post by julieharvey »

I post because I am so relieved to find all these nice people who share my fantasy. I want to be a part of this community. I want to belong because for so long I felt alone with my imagination.

Love
Julie
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

Julie writes:
julieharvey wrote:I post because I am so relieved to find all these nice people who share my fantasy. I want to be a part of this community. I want to belong because for so long I felt alone with my imagination.

Love
Julie
You are not only part of this community, but I am also thinking about naming one of
my characters in one of my customs in your honor. It may not be until Petra returns but it
will happen.

Sincerely Kevin67