OBSESSED-SPOILER- REVIEW

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

kevin67

OBSESSED-SPOILER- REVIEW

Post by kevin67 »

Hi,

I just seen the movie, Obsessed , last night, so I decided to share the story and my ideas.

THE PLOT- Idris Elba plays a successful Vice President of a big corporation who
is married to Beyonce and has a baby. They move into their new affluent home, and
all seems right in the world until he runs into a new temp (the beautiful Ali Larter)
on the elevator. She is immediately infatuated with him ,and the race is on to destroy
his marriage ,but doesn't suceed. I don't want to totality spoil the movie by revealing the ploys she uses, but no one dies by her hands. The final fight scene is the true reason for seeing it in the first place so see below.

DEATH SCENE There is only one death and that belongs to Ali. The cat fight
between her and Beyonce is quite vicious. It starts in the attic where the girls swing
planks and fists at each other ,until the floor gives away and they both fall to the balcony
below. The fight continues as Beyonce is thrown down the stairs ,but she gets up , reclimbs the stairs and continues the fight. My one problem with the fight scene is that sometimes the
camera was moving too quickly , spoiling some of the action. Anyway, the balcony breaks
and Ali falls but somehow manages to grab ahold of Beyone's wrists. Beyonce manages to
pry herself loose and Ali continues her fall ,but once again manages to grab onto the low hanging chandelier. Eventually the part of the chandelier she is holding onto gives away
and Ali falls right through a glass table (ouch). Considering all she was wearing was a night shit that must have hurt. She lays there with her eyes closed as Beyonce stares down
at her. Suddenly Ali's eyes open and she peers at Beyonce with a scowl on her face.
Alas, the chandelier falls and ends her life. It was hard to tell whether she was crushed or impaled because there was no closeups.

OPINION- IMHO, if you saw "Fatal Attraction" , you saw a better version of
the theme of this movie. It is close enough to invite comparisons, only in this case the
man was innocent of any sexual encounters. Even if you never saw "Fatal Attraction" ,
the script is far too obvious in showing where it will end. Dialogue like " If she wants crazy,
i'll show her crazy", is laced throughout the final scenes.

This movie and the death scene is not exactly my cup of tea, but the fight scene may make it worth the price of admission for other theater goers. If you see it, let me know your opinion.

Sincerely Kevin 67
Mac

Re: OBSESSED-SPOILER- REVIEW

Post by Mac »

Thanks for the good review Kevin.

Mac.
kevin67

Re: OBSESSED-SPOILER- REVIEW

Post by kevin67 »

Hi MAC and members,

Thank you for your interesting comment, but there is a story behind the post you may find interesting. The New York Daily News usually prints their reviews on Friday to catch the weekend crowd. This Friday, the news did not review, Obsessed, a sign that the studios didn't have much confidence in the movie. I saw the film and wrote my review early Saturday. When I bought the paper on Saturday, the critic gave the movie one star, needless to say he had a fairly low opinion of it.

Today, I read in the news that the movie was the number one grossing film in N.Y.
this weekend, and it earned twenty eight million dollars. Oh well, now I am standing
on the unemployment line. So much for my career as a film critic. Wait a minute ,someone is reading the paper over my shoulder. Oh my God, it's Joe Neumaier, the film critic of the
N.Y. Daily News. Wow, this is a tough town on film critics.

I had a lot of fun with this ,and I encourage other members to write their reviews of
death fetish related films. It's great fun - errrr- as long as it is not your job.

Sincerely Kevin 67