The NEW Candid Review Forum!!!

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

The NEW Candid Review Forum!!!

Post by Bluestone »

Well, it's only been a few days, but, thanks to Astrokill taking the ball and running with it, we already have 5 great reviews posted on this forum (as of the time of this posting). I think Astrokill deserves a huge round of applause from all FF members for his dedication in producing very thorough reviews for this fledgling forum... but don't let him have all of the fun, guys and dolls! The forum is open for all registered members to post, and Astrokill has provided fantastic reviews that can be used as models for the type and structure of reviews that we are looking for. So, whether you've reviewed many videos before, or never written a single review, you are welcome to try your hand at sharing your thoughts with the rest of the community. If anyone doesn't agree with a posted review, comments can be posted on that review thread, or you can post your own review on the same video. If a reviewer thought that your favourite video was poorly crafted, let us know that you found it very satisfying. For example, on another board, a certain owner of such board expressed the opinion that Dr. Don's "Shoot the Girls" was not very good. I will always treasure that scene of Tina Krause being shot in bed along with another girl. That scene really did it for me! So, we want to hear all opinions. After all, Ebert and Roper don't always agree when reviewing a movie. Why should it be any different in our world?

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
astrokill

Re: The NEW Candid Review Forum!!!

Post by astrokill »

Hi Blue,

Thanks for the compliment! :D I haven't been reading the forums too much, but I hope that people are starting to be inspired for reviewing and debate on how to review. I hope that not only fan reviewers will come to the Candid Videos forum, but also that we can see a range of reviewing styles as well. I would love to see prospective fan reviewers review a clip in a different style, maybe like in the New York Times, Roger Ebert, or Aint-It-Cool.

I think that the more diverse our opinions are in the forum, the stronger it will be. I hope the fans don't just accept my reviews right there, again, I'm only one lone fan, with a certain bad girl fetish, who loves stranglings and shootings. I hope to see fans who love drownings or fans who love to see corporate types get their comeuppance to review. I also encourage the fans who disagree with the reviews I posted to post. Every producer has his strengths, not dependent on one person, but on several customers who have become fans of that producer. Shoot your opinions! :D
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

I also want to thank Astrokill for breaking the ice here. I hope I can contribute a few reviews myself in a few days.

While each writer/reviewer will have some difficulty concealing his or her biases, I think this process will be good for the community. It will hopefully give new, relatively unknow producers with good material a chance to compete a bit better with the more established ones.

In the meantime, I'm feeling rather amused by the reaction that one of my fellow guests is demonstrating both here and on one of the other forums.

Max
astrokill

Post by astrokill »

Max5s wrote:I also want to thank Astrokill for breaking the ice here. I hope I can contribute a few reviews myself in a few days.

While each writer/reviewer will have some difficulty concealing his or her biases, I think this process will be good for the community. It will hopefully give new, relatively unknow producers with good material a chance to compete a bit better with the more established ones.

In the meantime, I'm feeling rather amused by the reaction that one of my fellow guests is demonstrating both here and on one of the other forums.

Max
Hi Max, thank you the compliment. :D Nice review too, by the way. :D

I haven't read the other forums due to lack of personal time, however, I can think of one of two things, I am probably both appreciated and criticized. It's no worries at all, people can express their opinions. I do thank everyone for expressing an opinion, whether it be positive or negative to me, but I hope they can share their opinions to a video in the Candid Video Reviews board.

I have to say something to everyone too, I am but a fan reviewer, not a professional film critic. There is a difference between the two. Hopefully, I'm not misperceived as a professional film critic. As a fan reviewer, I am only limited to my budget and my current video clip collection and whatever attracts me to buy a video. So far, I've been lucky in that the huge majority of purchases that I bought, I liked, so the majority of collection is stuff I like based on my buying habits from reviewing the clip description. The professional film critics on the other hand are able to watch movies, all movies, whether they they like it or not. They will probably have far more negative reviews per ratio that they watched than me and my collection.

The best analogy of a fan reviewer is this, it's like a stock portfolio.

We cannot buy every single share of every security, as we have limited funds. The best we could do is select the securities that we feel will be positive to us and our portfolio.

So that means we have three varieties of stock portfolio holders:
1) Warren Buffett-style holders: They have the majority of stocks in the positive range. They barely buy any negative stock, if at all. I think I belong to this group, as well as several others too. I was just lucky to mostly purchase films that I happen to like in the end.

2) Mixed-bag holders: They have a mixed collection of stocks that both go in a positive or negative range. These holders can tell you what stocks go negative or positive, based on their experiences. They have a broad range of experience, and it's great, since they learned what they like and don't like. I think a lot of people are in here too.

3) Lehman-Brothers holders: They bought a lot of negative securities that dropped in value and barely have any positive securities, they bring a rich experience of what didn't work and why it didn't work.

The professional film critic on the other hand, are like fund managers. They can buy every security, analyze every security, and have an almost-unlimited budget and resources. They can have a wide range on deciding on what is bad and good.

I'm having fun reviewing clips, and I hope everyone will have too. It's a learning process as well, I learn my looking at other reviewers, and also, I learn from what didn't work in my reviews (I tend to go nostalgic). I like being able to share my collection, why I have these certain items in my collection and how I feel about the items in my collection to everyone. Blue, thank you for giving me the opportunity. There will come a day when I run out of my collection and stop, so I hope Blue will have many fan reviewers with a diverse range of opinions. For now, I hope people can differentiate between a fan reviewer and an actual professional film critic. Who knows, one day, we in the genre will have a professional film critic. :D Good luck all, and have fun!
Max5s

Samantha Smoothkill

Post by Max5s »

Astrokill,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Samantha Smoothkill series. As an overall rating, I think you called it fairly-Some episodes were pretty good, others only fair. I wrote the plots for all 11 episodes, and there were a few where I didn't like the translation to video very well (holes were left in the plots). But it was a fun series to do, and I have the beginnings of a new killer babe series in the works.

Cheers.

Max