Fangorias Weekend of Horrors Convention- Part 1

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

kevin67

Fangorias Weekend of Horrors Convention- Part 1

Post by kevin67 »

Hi,

I recently attended Fangoria's Weekend of horrors Convention at the Javits Convention Center in N.Y.C. For those who are not familiar with Fangoria, it is a magazine which publishes stories dealing with mainstream and independent horror films. Each year they run a three day convention that features many of the stars of these films, previews of some up and coming horror flicks , costumes, videos and of course magazines dealing with horror themes. Unfortunately I was only able to attend one day and even more unfortunate I did it on the spur of the moment and didn't bring my camera ( sorry guys).

The convention itself was very interesting for me because I met the following celebrities:

David Hess- (Krug- from the original Last House on the Left). He is one of my all time favourite villains, but in reality he was very pleasant to talk to, very down to earth. I always pictured him as being tall, but he stands only about 5'7 or 5'8. I told him I always felt his interpretation of Krug was better than the one created by the actor in the remake. The entire gang of four just had that menacing look. I really wanted to meet the girl with that crazy hairdo, but she wasn't in attendance.

Betsy Palmer- (Jason's Mother in some episodes of Friday the 13th)-She reminded me of someones kindly grandmother ,and has quite a sense of humor. She was on stage with several of the stars who played Jason, and believe me she had no trouble handling them. She struggled with them for the mike.

Debbie Rochon- (Independent and B movie actress) She is a very slim brunette with a great figure and a very pleasing personality. I managed to get her autograph on a poster of her soon to be released film, "Walking Distance". with Reggie Banister and Adrienne King.

Tom Savini- (Special effects expert and actor). This is a man who has that scary stare, but like the others I met was very personable. In fact, he literally brought down the house when he was announced as a guest moderator of the horror costume contest. With one flair of his arm he managed to knock the entire backdrop down , as if it was a set of dominos. Everyone got a kick out of that entrance and applauded.

I will continue on another post, if there is an interest. Please let me know and question are invited.
The Stalker

Re: Fangorias Weekend of Horrors Convention- Part 1

Post by The Stalker »

Hi kevin67,

Did you get to meet Kane Hodder or Ashley Laurence? They're both always nice to their fans....Kane even likes to choke people while having his picture taken with them!

Anyway, if you have more to post on this i'd certainly be interested in reading it.
Nothing feels better than a soft female neck in your hands!
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

Hi,
The Stalker wrote:Hi kevin67,

Did you get to meet Kane Hodder or Ashley Laurence? They're both always nice to their fans....Kane even likes to choke people while having his picture taken with them!

Anyway, if you have more to post on this i'd certainly be interested in reading it.

I didn't get to talk to Ashley Lawrence because she was busy, and I was on the way to the auditorium. She is a real looker and was dressed in a becoming black dress, which seem to be the favorite color for female actresses at this convention.

Kane Hodder, who played the role of Jason in several Friday the 13ths ( I believe 4 times) was very cordial. I will say more about him in part II.

BTW- It sounds like you went to this convention or are you talking from past experience?
It would be nice to share notes, if you attended.

Sincerely Kevin 67
The Stalker

Post by The Stalker »

No, i didn't go to the Fangoria convention, but i met Ashley & Kane at the HorrorHound convention last year in Indianapolis. In case you don't know what that is, HorrorHound is a magazine very much like Fangoria, and they also have conventions.

I was able to get my photo taken with both Kane (yes,he did choke me!) and Ashley.

Ashley is as sweet as she is beautiful.....we talked a little about her artwork (she's a very good artist) and her role as Kirsty from the Hellraiser movies.

Kane was nice as well, but a little more business like.....we talked about his career as a stuntman and his role as Jason from the Friday the 13th movies.

Granted, it wasn't as busy as a Fangoria convention, but i enjoyed meeting the few celebs that i did and i had a really nice time.....i hope your experience was just as good.
Nothing feels better than a soft female neck in your hands!