Fangoria"s Weekend of Horror - Part II

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

kevin67

Fangoria"s Weekend of Horror - Part II

Post by kevin67 »

Hi

As I mentioned in part I, there were many celebrities at the Fangoria convention , although they were not all there on the day I attended. To continue with my list there was:

Kane Hodder - (Played Jason in at least four Friday the 13th movies)- He is a big impressive man with huge pythons (muscular arms), and yes you can get a photograph of him strangling you, if you wish. I seen him once before ,and he always wears his black wrist bands.

Like the other celebs, he was cordial,but he seemed uncomfortable when he was on the stage with Betsy Palmer and the other actors who portrayed Jason. He is actually more of a stunt man then an actor.

John Marsters
- (Played Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer)- He was no doubt, the favorite of the female attendees at the convention. He was giving a concert as the final event of the day I attended the convention. Yes he sings, but since it was an extra cost, I didn't attend.

His body language just oozed with confidence and he really handled the questions (all from women) very well. His main message for would be actors and actresses is to be yourself and not dispair if the part is not right for you.

My favourite part of the show was the costume judging contest just befoe the Marsters concert. There were about 25 contestants, most of whom went to a lot of trouble to create great monster costumes. First prize was $1,500 dollars, but everyone got $25 dollars for participating, and the audience did the judging. The winner was a very good rendition of a zombie complete with one eyeball hanging out, which I believe was done by his friend, who seemed to be familiar with makeup. Second place went to a terror bride with black eyes and adorned with a wrinkled gown and decorated in blood. I should give honorable mention to the guy dressed as Freddy Kruger,who was created by the same makeup artist who did the the zombie.

I felt that one of the problems with the convention was that it was too dominaent in male celebrities. Even the celebrities I missed, like Dario Argento (Susperia) and Herschel Gordon Lewis (Blood Feast) are of course males. The convention could have used a few more female celebrities.

If you plan to go to one of these horror conventions and purchase books,videos, posters or even autographed pictures, you better bring plenty of money. The no frills admission for one day was $25 and most of the wares on sale are not discounted.

Sincerely Kevin 67