Wound effects program recommendation?

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

shootingmad

Wound effects program recommendation?

Post by shootingmad »

Hi,

As some of you know, im on the verge of starting filming some amateur videos.

I would like to know what program would you recommend to edit the videos and add wound effects. I have no experience with any program for such a task, but if it has a simple interface I can get to learn quickly :mrgreen:

any suggestions?
Max5s

Re: Wound effects program recommendation?

Post by Max5s »

For basic video editing, Corel Video Studio 12 is easy to learn and does a reasonably good job. It's under $100 USD, so it doesn't do much in the way of fancy stuff. Other similarly priced software is about the same. I did not; however, like software from Magix. The user guides were worthless and the software frequently locked up on me despite having plenty of RAM.

If you want to get fancier, you can use Adobe products, and even step up to Adobe Aftereffects. It runs just under $1,000 USD.
shootingmad

Post by shootingmad »

Hi Max, thanks for your response.

Can I replicate wound/bullet effects with Corel 12?

Does it allow you to add subtitles too?
Big O
What is your main fetish?: deadskirts
Why do you want to join this forum?: deadskirts
Referral: forums

Post by Big O »

I use Windows Movie Maker to edit my clips and cut my compilations It is free and will help you develope your editing chops as well...It is also relatively easy to use. There is a WMM forum on the net and many tutorials on youtube. Sometimes people experience glitches using WMM, but I made some minor adjustments and have had no major problems in a very long time.
No matter what editing program you use, it is very wise to save your work often in case of freezes or crashes!

You cannot do blood effects, with this program, but you can do subtitles!

O
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

SM,

Corel Video Studio 12 will do nice subtitles and the like with many different fonts, colors and animations to choose from. For bullet effects, you'll need to get additional software and it will take awhile to master it because it is not any easy task.

One thing you'll want is the ability to layer a scene and to track motion. Some of the MG effects done on AF were accomplished by puting several wounds on a white shirt at the beginning, they peeling off layers to unmask them.
Rue Morgue

Post by Rue Morgue »

You will probably want to use a combination of applied wounds ( you can buy some ready made or make your own with various makup materials) and digital fx which you can purchase online from detonationfilms.com I'm sure that there are other suppliers of digital Fx as well. I am shooting some of my own in July that are not available from detonation films and plan to make them available to other producers. If you can make a wound that looks good in the primary production, it's far better, more realistic, and less work than adding it in post.

Any editing program that allows you to do compositing and create mattes will work for creating the "live" appearance of wounds in the timeline.
Hank S
RueMorgue Entertainment