Uncut Versions of F13, Including Part 2, Coming in Oct

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Uncut Versions of F13, Including Part 2, Coming in Oct

Post by Nyghtfall »

On October 13, 2020, Shout Factory is releasing a 10-disc collection of the Friday the 13th franchise, including uncut gore from 'Part 2' which will feature Sandra and Jeff's impaling from a vintage VHS copy found in Paramount's archives. For years, the footage from that scene was reported as being lost forever, but Shout Factory found it thanks to their collaboration with Paramount. More info about the collection is at Bloody-Disgusting.com. That's where I learned about it.

Pre-orders are available through Amazon for $135 and direct from Shout Factory for $160. They're only making 13,000 units so you may want to pre-order. I already have, through Amazon.

These are images I found on a coupe of fan sites years ago:

The first one is presumably from the uncut version of the scene. It's always been printed on the back of Part 2's display box but never included in the film.

The second one appears to be a reversed image from a magazine article, suggesting the uncut version may also show Sandra's expression as she and Jeff die.

The third image is a behind-the-scenes shot of the effect.

Nyghtfall

Re: Uncut Versions of F13, Including Part 2, Coming in Oct

Post by Nyghtfall »

Quick correction on how the Part 2 footage was found: it wasn't in Paramount's archives, the FX artist who worked on the scene had the footage on a VHS tape from 1981 and loaned it to Shout Factory for inclusion in the set. It won't be mixed into the movie, either, but featured as standalone content.

More info at Bloody Disgusting and full story on Shout Factory's Facebook Page.
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

I just learned through the studio's FB page that the uncut gore for Part 2 doesn't have sound...

I'm still grateful they were able to salvage the footage, and am keeping my pre-order because I want to see it, but I am sorely disappointed that we won't get to hear Marta's uncut scream or protracted death throes.
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

The company who recovered Part 2's uncut footage has posted a screenshot from Alice's ice pick death to demonstrate the video quality of the VHS tape it was take from. More info at the link below:

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2 ... bP7gOEouDE
f13-part2-uncut-sample.jpg
f13-part2-uncut-sample.jpg (27.1 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

My copy arrived Tuesday morning. This is Sandra and Jeff's uncut impaling, the one scene of the entire set I paid $130 for, and it was worth every penny even without audio. I've uploaded it as an MP4 so anyone interested and with access to software can play around with it themselves:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e8q2ivxkx ... t.mp4/file

And this is my re-edit of the theatrical version with the footage from the uncut scene integrated into one clip. I'd like to note that I went through several revisions of this edit until I came up with a version that I feel best compliments the theatrical cut while maintaining consistency with how it unfolds. As visually satisfying as it was finally seeing, for the first time ever, a wide shot of the spear actually penetrate Jeff's prosthetic body and Marta's exquisite performance in reacting to being impaled, the uncut footage simply doesn't match well with the theatrical cut in terms of pacing. Additionally, I was unable to mix the sound of their gasps from the theatrical cut with the uncut footage in a way that didn't detract from the rest of the scene. What I found myself left with is a version of the scene that lets us see Sandra's final death throe after the spear hits the floor, which apparently is all I've ever really wanted to add the finishing touch to the scene. In the end, I discovered less is more. My imagination has always filled in what we never saw until now.

Thankfully, the music in the theatrical cut keeps playing for several seconds while the movie transitions to the next scene. I was able to mix that in with the uncut footage so we get the entire scene with the final shot of Sandra instead of the spear head and the music to accompany it, and the whole thing sounds properly mixed.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ur2apt1qm ... d.wmv/file