Llhuydd's: Essential McQuade Art & Misty Archives

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

redeemer503

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Wednesday, September 8

Post by redeemer503 »

Absolutely love McQuades work. Always have. Many have been an inspiration for my own drawings.
Thanks for this post and for sharing his artwork!
llhuydd

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Wednesday, Sept 8

Post by llhuydd »

Thank you - I really appreciate your comments. It's always nice to get feedback from folks who browse these pages. Anyway, here's another sequence form the latest sketchbook: "The Archer" (6 pages).

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/phhpdq ... McQ_Archer

Archer_04a.jpg
Archer_04a.jpg (250.46 KiB) Viewed 27299 times
llhuydd

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Friday, September 10

Post by llhuydd »

The final two pages of the Godd Squad sketchbook. Next up will be a 21 page Vampirella sketchbook.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hnf8fh ... /McQ_Grave

Grave_01a.jpg
Grave_01a.jpg (381.25 KiB) Viewed 27083 times
necro_phil
What is your main fetish?: Belly, Breasts, stabbing, shooting, arrows-- and hanging and strangling. The bottom line is a sexy dead body.
Why do you want to join this forum?: You seem to have a lot here to appeal to my interest in erotic female demise, nude or semi-nude women in repose after being shot or stabbed or even strangled, etc. I like such things!
Referral: I was searching for KHP videos and this site came up.

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Sunday, September 12

Post by necro_phil »

I very greatly appreciate the efforts you've made to present this wonderful material from James McQuade! At one time this stuff was scattered over a number of sites, in most cases in low resolution, and all of those sites are long defunct. Anybody remember "Liberator's Lair"? I believe that site had some of this material. But not high quality scans, and the site vanished around 20 years ago, maybe longer ago than that.
llhuydd

Post by llhuydd »

I'm pleased that you're enjoying these posts. I have been scanning this material directly from the original McQuade drawings, attempting to preserve his artwork and make it available for online collection. The only comic I've been unable to scan is "Misty And The Sun Jewel" - the 16X20 pages are too big to fit in my scanner.

I don't remember "Liberator's Lair" specifically. The first sites I visited in this genre were Blackplague, Dunsuls, and Necrobabes. I'm sure there were a few others I may have missed.

As promised, here are the first 6 pages of the Vampirella sketchbook. More will follow...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hck89n ... Sketchbook
Attachments
Vampirella001a.jpg
Vampirella001a.jpg (437.67 KiB) Viewed 26896 times
Xukpi
What is your main fetish?: Any death fetish movies, pics and stories with very little blood.
Why do you want to join this forum?: To meet people who share my tastes.
Referral: Someone mentionned FF in a fellow site.

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Monday, September 13

Post by Xukpi »

Thanks very much llhuydd to let me know James McQuade's works !

These are kinky sketches, whatever in B&W or in colour ! And of course very interesting to notice how graphics progress.

:approve: :clap:
redking
What is your main fetish?: i like the very bad scene on slasher, movie police criminal series and horror movie with dead scenes ( especially spy, strong, devious women and provocative hot bimbos...)
Why do you want to join this forum?: i'am a very big fan of bluestone's series and there actress arve very hot and pretty...
Referral: I heard about this forum on forum SexyAmazons where I exhibited some of my works...

Post by redking »

llhuydd wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:34 pm I'm pleased that you're enjoying these posts. I have been scanning this material directly from the original McQuade drawings, attempting to preserve his artwork and make it available for online collection. The only comic I've been unable to scan is "Misty And The Sun Jewel" - the 16X20 pages are too big to fit in my scanner.

I don't remember "Liberator's Lair" specifically. The first sites I visited in this genre were Blackplague, Dunsuls, and Necrobabes. I'm sure there were a few others I may have missed.

As promised, here are the first 6 pages of the Vampirella sketchbook. More will follow...

I'm still a huge McQuade fan, and seeing this version of Vampirella reminds me of the one I made a long time ago, inspired by McQuade !... :pc: :love: :love: :love: :excited: :D :clap:
Vampirella last curse.jpg
Vampirella last curse.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 26834 times
Redking is here ! :cool: :twisted: :mrgreen:
G-Man
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Mainly Shootings & Stabbings However... I do enjoy various other types of death scenes.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am a co-founder & co-designer
of the FF forum
Referral: G-Man

Post by G-Man »

llhuydd wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:34 pm I'm pleased that you're enjoying these posts. I have been scanning this material directly from the original McQuade drawings, attempting to preserve his artwork and make it available for online collection. The only comic I've been unable to scan is "Misty And The Sun Jewel" - the 16X20 pages are too big to fit in my scanner.
HI llhuydd
As you know I also have a hard copy of "Misty and the Sun Jewel".
So soon... I will give it a go and try to see if I can manage to post all the pages. :eek:
Being it is a hard cover bound book... I like a challenge. :yes:
Wish me luck.

G
G-Man's Video Library & Index
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11479

G-Man's Found on YT Library
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15261

G-Man's Free Site & Index
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6804
llhuydd

Post by llhuydd »

Hi G-Man - Best of luck with the Sun Jewel book! I have several copies of the original Nuance book, but they are all soft back versions. I didn't know they printed a hard cover edition.

Here are the next 5 pages of the Vampirella sketchbook, including a rather bizarre suicide scene.

Vampirella007a.jpg
Vampirella007a.jpg (566.18 KiB) Viewed 26632 times
Fritz

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Wed Sept 15

Post by Fritz »

~
llhuydd and other McQuade fans…

My name is Fritz. Perhaps some of you know me from my time as a former regular on The GIMP (currently offline) and occasional contributor to other female peril sites like DFN. I’ve been collecting fetish art (as well as fiction and vids) on the ‘net since the BBS and Usenet days preceding the web. Before that, since the early 70’s, I’ve rounded up a fair amount of hardcopy material from adult bookstores and specialty shops around the world. That’s where I first came across Jim McQuade’s art. At first, I found relatively tame (non-nude) ‘zines at comic shops – lots of battle scenes with Vikings and Valkyries, but with decidedly death-fetish overtones.

In the 1980’s, I discovered several more explicit softcover mags, including the first Misty compilation from Nuance and its sequel, Misty and the Sun Jewel. In 1986, I picked up the Doomed Courier / Undertaker’s Treasure double feature in an adult bookstore in Chicago (the day of the Chernobyl disaster). I still have all these hardcopy offerings as well as a number of comics I traded by snail mail in the late 80’s. Some I have not seen published on the ‘net, so I suppose I should get scanning.

A few years ago I digitized Doomed Courier in a higher quality than the pitiful version that had been circulating online for over a decade. As I was running The GIMP comics section at the time, I uploaded it there. llhuydd was quick to grab it and replaced his weather beaten scan with mine (no credit… but that’s par for the course these days). So what you’re seeing in this rare title is my handiwork. I need to do the same with Undertaker’s Treasure, which is also available only in a low-res scan.

The original Misty is available online in pieces, scanned from the series of eight (?) zines in which it was first released to comic distributors. I have not seen a complete scan of the larger full-length booklet – so I guess that is another project for me. For those of you lucky enough to have a soft or hardcopy of Misty and the Sun Jewel and plan to scan it, I can save you some time. I was 90% through getting the job done when this discussion inspired me to finish the work by touching up the scans and compiling it as a PDF. I have attached it to this post, so have at it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7ajoti9h ... l.pdf/file

I’ll also root through some other McQuade material I have, in case it is not already in Ilhuydd’s collection. I have not been at the GIMP for a few years, and as the site seems to be in hiatus or in its death throes, I can also move material I archived there to this site if anyone is interested. The content involves female peril, but those who know me will expect that most of it also includes femme fatalities at the climax. Being a cunning linguist (five languages:-), I have scanned, enhanced and translated a number of European fumetti which feature our favorite subject matter. Anyone interested in these? Or in vintage comics dating back 50 years or more? I also write fiction and have created femme fatality 3D art tales. I’m sure some has already circulated around the community, but how much overlap there is between sites, I have no idea. At The GIMP, I dropped out because feedback was non-existent and dialogue was equally bereft. Perhaps Femme Fatalities generates more interest, but judging by the fiction section, there is no more enthusiasm for stories here than elsewhere.

I’d like to thank llhuydd for the many McQuade posts in this thread. I have done a good deal of scanning myself, and I know it is tedious, unrewarding work, usually with no more than one or two thank-yous by dedicated fans. llhuydd's material posted here is mostly new to me, and as it looks to be recent, I suspect much of it is from commissions. In any case, I appreciate both his and McQuade’s generosity in sharing it. I was in touch with the man himself in the late 80’s… just a couple of letters, but sadly I could not afford the custom projects I was hoping for at the time. Now, I am overwhelmed by an embarrassment of riches, so the least I can do is share something myself.

Fritz
G-Man
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Mainly Shootings & Stabbings However... I do enjoy various other types of death scenes.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am a co-founder & co-designer
of the FF forum
Referral: G-Man

Post by G-Man »

First... welcome... welcome... welcome Fritz to our community!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you would like to share with us in the FF theme will be more than welcomed here. :yes:
By all means please start your own thread here and we would just love to see what you got.

Nice to see you have a scanned copy of the "Misty and the Sun Jewel" available... and thanks.
It saves me trying to scan in my hard cover version.

HC_Misty.jpg
HC_Misty.jpg (53.76 KiB) Viewed 26456 times
OH... Oh... you mentioned you have graphic comics from around the world.
Back in the 1980's while I was in Greece, there were different types of graphic comics
(mostly horror themes) available on news stands there. Their quality and graphic scenes were
on the same level as McQuade's.
Also looking thru them it appeared they were available through-out western Europe
for I also seen Italian versions of the same comic.
Anyway... do you know of these comics I speak of? And... if so do you have any?

Once again welcome
Fritz to Femme Fatalities!!!

G

PS... BTW if you were wondering if this type of artwork is popular... :roll:
this thread generates well over 10,000 visits a month. :eek:
I'd say not bad for a specialized fetish.
G-Man's Video Library & Index
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11479

G-Man's Found on YT Library
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15261

G-Man's Free Site & Index
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6804
llhuydd

Post by llhuydd »

Yes, a big FF WELCOME to Fritz! And I heartily second G-Man's comments - it would be great to see what treasures are lurking in your collections!

Your PDF of Sun Jewel is a terrific contribution, and many thanks. The quality of your scans is excellent. Since I have all the original art work, one of my goals over the years has been to get these pages scanned in high resolution, but my scanner only takes up to 12X16 documents. A few years ago I checked out some local commercial printers and the cheapest quote I got was over $2,000 dollars for the job.

Anyway, I've uploaded the next five pages in the Vampirella sketchbook.

Vampirella013a.jpg
Vampirella013a.jpg (366.17 KiB) Viewed 26444 times
Fritz

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Thursday, September 16

Post by Fritz »

llhuydd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm Yes, a big FF WELCOME to Fritz! And I heartily second G-Man's comments - it would be great to see what treasures are lurking in your collections!
Thanks Ilhuydd for the welcome and your kind words about the Sun Jewel scan. I have taken up G-man and your suggestion to start a thread to post some content (as time permits). However, I have added it in the Video and Image Share forum, as this seems a more appropriate place to share my material -- even though what is there now is mostly video. If I'm wrong, feel free to have the moderator move my post here or wherever you think it belongs. If I have McQuade artwork to add, I will do so on this thread so it all stays together. For the moment I am digging through legacy artwork -- no photos or videos -- and hope to find something worth sharing.

For the moment, I've indulged G-Man's query about (what I believe are) fumetti and posted a comic I restored and translated. It's a bit McQuade-like in style, but it gets rougher than most of the master's fantasies and is probably not for everyone. There is also a zip of fumetti covers which should include something for almost anyone who hangs here.
llhuydd wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:50 pm Since I have all the original art work, one of my goals over the years has been to get these pages scanned in high resolution, but my scanner only takes up to 12X16 documents.
Wow... I am impressed. How did you get original McQuade artwork? Did he give it to you? I am kind of worried he passed on when I wasn't looking and you inherited his portfolio... but last I heard, McQuade was somewhat aged but still with us. The original Sun Jewel is probably worth ten times the cost of a scanner needed to reproduce it. Kind of ironic.
llhuydd

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Thursday, September 16

Post by llhuydd »

Here are the last 5 pages of the Vampirella sketchbook, including a gruesome tale by mad artist Richard Upton Pickman (courtesy of HP Lovecraft).

Vampirella017a.jpg
Vampirella017a.jpg (638.43 KiB) Viewed 26075 times
farvisitor73
What is your main fetish?: women being killed
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like Blues movies; I see names from other fora of people whom I respect
Referral: talk on DS; Blues sitre

Re: Misty & James McQuade 30 Year Anniversary - Updated Saturday, September 18

Post by farvisitor73 »

I did not know that the "SUN JEWEL" was a separate publication. In my set of "MISTY"'s, it is published as the last 6 of the comic books, finished before the first of " MISTY and the Valkyries", and then, "Leather Cat" ; so, thank you for the lovely, and a bit longer, scan.