My Review of "Megalomaniac" by EVW

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

My Review of "Megalomaniac" by EVW

Post by Nyghtfall »

TLDR Version: Thumbs up!

As I've previously written, I've had a long-standing dream of becoming a fetish photographer since discovering Necrobabes in 1997, despite the horror stories I've read by other producers. Last Christmas, my wife greenlit my dream. Since then, I've geared up and done loads of research on how to turn my dream into reality. While the timeframe for that reality remains a significant question with no answer on the horizon, I continue learning everything I can about behind-the-scenes challenges I have to look forward to. One of those challenges - working with models - is what sold me on "Megalomaniac" by Evangeline Von Winter. I wanted to see a fictional story about a know-it-all producer who goes to extreme lengths to fulfill his own goals.

Yesterday, EVW released a chloro-themed video on Niche that features Levi playing a megalomaniacal fetish producer. I couldn't help drawing an amusing connection between the plot summary, my disappointing experiences with custom videos, and my desire to produce my own content. With that in mind, I bought a copy of "Megalomaniac" solely for Levi's performance as the producer, and he did not disappoint.

Considering the title, I was expecting a short-tempered ego-maniac who kept struggling to get good performances from his models. What I saw is much more entertaining and funny. He plays a mild-mannered producer who's quest for sales and repeat customers drives him to use real chloroform on his models after repeatedly failing to get them to re-negotiate their rates. As it turns out, he can't afford to pay them anyway.

What especially impressed me is how well Levi can deliver dialogue. I only worked with EVW once, several years ago, and my script had him play a silent serial killer. In "Megalomaniac", he talks a lot (thankfully) and delivers his lines in a way that creates a character who sees nothing wrong with his actions. As far as he's concerned, his decision to use real chloroform is a justifiable means to an end. My favorite line actually made me grin when he said, "Unfortunately, people who buy my movies don't realize they're supposed to buy more."

As for the models, it was a genuine treat watching them in action even when they weren't struggling against Levi's cloth. Tomiko and Evangeline have great chemistry as two women scheduled for the same shoot. I enjoyed their banter while they impatiently waiting for Levi to show up . I kept wondering how awkward my first shoots may be and how I might assure my models that I'm not just "a guy with a camera". To that end, I've watched and read several horror stories from models' points of view. Yikes.

Overall, this is a terrific video that also includes a few post-credit bloopers that make it well worth the $20 it's listed for.