"Perforations" 30 Year Anniversary of the DF Video Revolution

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

G-Man
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Mainly Shootings & Stabbings However... I do enjoy various other types of death scenes.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am a co-founder & co-designer
of the FF forum
Referral: G-Man

"Perforations" 30 Year Anniversary of the DF Video Revolution

Post by G-Man »

Hi All
I recently touched on how the DF (death fetish) universe has evolved through the years ways one
could personally entertain our self's.
Like buying gritty detective paperbacks from the 40's to the Men's action mags of the 50's & 60's.
Then of course trying to remember all the details of a death scene after watching a movie or T.V. show.
Next was the buying/collecting graphic comic magazines from the 60's & 70's like Vampirella, Eerie,
Creepy or Conan.

Then with the arrival of VHS (and Beta for a while) was the first big quantum leap in our community!!!
By 1980 VHS rental's were just getting into full swing with large variety of titles available to choose from.
Also by this time VHS machines were getting more affordable to where one could buy (or rent) two VHS
machines to collect & build their own death scene collection. I actually remember the first two rentals
I copied scenes from... "Vampyres" and Jessi's Girls while living in England.

With this new capability I thought I was in DF (death fetish) heaven and then I thought it can't get much
better then this... boy was I wrong!!!
By the time the 90's came around... and reading/collecting magazines like, Femme Fatale, Fangoria mags.
Then early '92 I seen this ad for W.A.V.E. in the back of Fangoria selling their promo tape.
Well I ordered it and after watching it... I quickly realized its owner Gary Whitson brought in a whole new
"wave" (excuse the pun :lol2: ) of personal entertainment to the DF community with release of "Perforations"
and of course I did not waste any time and bought it.

Clocking in at just over three hours!!!... :eek: :eek: :eek: "Perforations" to my knowledge was probably the first and only full length video/movie written, produced and filmed specifically as a DF movie.

The movie is about female prison inmates who find themselves the helpless victims of a bizarre weapons testing experiment… injecting the women with a drug that would help them better withstand/survive longer after being shot or stabbed.
But there’s much more going on than it first appears. Can the police woman whose sister is one of the unfortunate victims stop these brutal killings? Or will she just become the next target?

The whole project was a collaboration between writer & producer llhuydd and the directing & editing were done by W.A.V.E. studios.
This was Gary's first major project that principle filming first stared in 1990 using VHS and by end of 1991
finished most of it using Super VHS (S-VHS) and was finally released in January of 1992.

Member llhuydd also wrote in his script lots of the tried and true script gimmicks that we still see today...
having actresses play twins, have nightmares or we see the killer have a daydream on how they would like to kill their victim.
This of course is done purposely so we can have the actress die more than once in a movie.
(BTW... another popular script gimmick W.A.V.E. started used was having clones in their story lines.)
In the script / movie llhuydd crammed in as many of your popular DF elements & techniques like...
All death scenes have good build-up and then a long and protracted death and...
Taunt dying victims
Victims shot from front and back
Knock out and carry victims to where they will be shot
Shoot and then strip the dying victim and then finally again shoot them dead
Inspect victims of their entry and exit wounds after they die and rolling their bodies over
Have victims get shot in their bra & panties and or pantyhose.
Up-skirt camera shots of dying victims.
Shower/soak the victim with water before shooting them in their wet cloths
Shoot victims against a wall
Carrying and or dragging dead victims off
Tie up victims and then shoot them

By todays video standards "Perforations" could be called the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of DF videos.
This can be both a fair and again a not so fair criticism. Yes... the video effects at times are just hilarious
with lines in the video like "Shot full of lead and still ain't dead" make the video definitely memorable.
Fair enough... but in its day it was very entertaining and Gary is still selling copies today!!!

"Perforations" was a "watershed" video if you will... and with the internet arriving soon after...
it helped pave the way by the end of the decade many of the fine next generation low-budget maverick
producer/directors that we have today.

So I will just like to sincerely acknowledge Gary from W.A.V.E. and member llhuydd for doing their part to
be the first ones to bring us commercially available DF videos. So here's a way, way, way over do...

.................................. :clap: :clap: :clap: !!! Congratulations Guys !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
G-Man's Video Library & Index
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11479

G-Man's Found on YT Library
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15261

G-Man's Free Site & Index
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6804
tostig
What is your main fetish?: Amazon Warriors, spies, seppuku
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am part of the community and already know a lot of the users.
Referral: Deadskirts

Re: "Perforations" 30 Year Anniversary of the DF Video Revolution

Post by tostig »

Fascinating! I knew none of this, so thanks for bringing it to our attention. I’ll have to look into this “Perforations” now. And thanks member llhuydd for your contributions!
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Post by tommygun »

Yes, "Perforations" was one of my first and most delightful purchases as I went through the same discovery process that G-Man did. It's still a delight to watch. Congratulations, Gary... 30 years??? Gees, where did all that time go?
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
Jolly Roger
What is your main fetish?: I like most stuff, but partial to knifes, arrows and sword death scenes. Don't like beheadings.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I have been a very long time lurker and now I'm feeling up to posting something once in a while.
Referral: Way back when from searching on google typing in key death fetish words

Post by Jolly Roger »

I can't argue with you G. I still get a kick out of watching it and yes, yes, the dialog is a hoot!
"So this is what it feels like?!"
"See yah in hell bitch!"
"She's got bullet holes on top of bullet holes!"
"Yeah, yeah are you just about done?" (referring to, have you finished shooting her)
The best line in the movie was, "Shot full of lead and still ain't dead!"
I never forgot that one :- )
Like you I bought the VHS when it came out and then got the DVD later.
Thanks for reminding us of this classic video.
JR
G-Man
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Mainly Shootings & Stabbings However... I do enjoy various other types of death scenes.
of the FF forum

Post by G-Man »

Sorry I was intending to also include some pics with my essay above at the same time.
However re-writes took up most of my time. :frown:
Anyway... below are of some 35mm photos and V-Caps stills from llhuydd, W.A.V.E. and myself from the video.
Enjoy G

Set_1.jpg
Set_1.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 4485 times
Set_2.jpg
Set_2.jpg (824.39 KiB) Viewed 4485 times

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6804
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Post by tommygun »

I wonder if the DVD set is still available. It looks like the quality is so much better than the old VHS lifts I made from my tapes so long ago.
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
G-Man
Site Admin
of the FF forum

Post by G-Man »

Looks like that.... since they (W.A.V.E.) still offer the the DVD.
I would say the DVD is definitely better than the VHS version,
but I would rate it as "noticeably better" if that helps yah.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6804