new 3D animator

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Blade
What is your main fetish?: shootings and stabbings
Why do you want to join this forum?: to exchange with other people of similar interests
Referral: was on deadskirts where i heared of FF the first time

new 3D animator

Post by Blade »

hi all... i am still around... or better said, i am back... some of you might remember me from deadskirts

i started doing 3D animations a few months ago and posted my first attempt on youtube... if you watch it, a comment would be nice..

greetings
Blade
Ric delCampo

Re: new 3D animator

Post by Ric delCampo »

I used to use a movie-making game, called, 'The Movies' to make animated movies. It would take me about an hour for each minute of the video. So a ten minute video would take me about ten hours to make.
(Game is obsolete, so I don't make animated videos any more.)

So: What's the program? How much control do you have over the content? How long does it take to make each video?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Blade
Why do you want to join this forum?: to exchange with other people of similar interests

Post by Blade »

i used Iclone 7 from reallusion for this (plus a few others programs and plugins from reallusion)... i have 100% control over the content .... since i am a beginner, i need some more time for this, but pretty sure, once i got some more experience doing the animations and all this it might go faster... one of the problems is, i need to do all of the content on my own... animations and effects (especially blood)... that requires some experience and knowledge

this software is not that easy to handle... sure a few simple animations are easy to make... but this software can be used to create animations on a proffessional level... it takes some time just to learn, how to do things... but once you got into it (if you have the patience) it can be real fun, since there are about no limits... you can create anything you want there

greetings
Blade
Ric delCampo

Post by Ric delCampo »

I wanted an idea of what it took to create this video before commenting on it.

All things considered, it was excellent!

(The program I used was so much easier to use, and the results not at all this good!)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Blade

Post by Blade »

ah... ok... thanks then... was a little missunderstanding :)

greetings
Blade
Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Post by Nyghtfall »

Ric delCampo wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:15 pm (The program I used was so much easier to use, and the results not at all this good!)
The Movies limited you to animation presets that couldn't be tweaked. Hence, it's ease of use. iClone is a real-time animation and rendering app. I believe Blade created several different poses across a timeline and connected them with a series of key frames that allowed iClone to simulate movement between each pose.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Nyghtfall wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:17 pm
Ric delCampo wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:15 pm (The program I used was so much easier to use, and the results not at all this good!)
The Movies limited you to animation presets that couldn't be tweaked. Hence, it's ease of use. iClone is a real-time animation and rendering app. I believe Blade created several different poses across a timeline and connected them with a series of key frames that allowed iClone to simulate movement between each pose.
aye... thats about, how i do things... nowadays you dont need to create each single frame anymore... such programs help you a lot here...but its still a lot of work, considering, how many moves, how many facial reactions there are... and i need to do it for any character and any prop there in the scene... when i want to let the character move up his/her arm, i am creating the start and the end pose at the right point in the timeline, the program is computing the frames between these poses... i have to do this for each of these 2 character, for the knife, for the wounds, for the blood pouring out of each wound... and have to correct all these animations again and again till the result looks good and naturally.... then i have to add the sound-effects... since i am still a beginner here, this clip of about 27 seconds took me several hours... dont really know exactly how long... been working on it a couple days, a few hours every day... didnt really watch the time doing this... by the way, had to create the characters and the props befor all this too... set lighting and camerapositions.... its still pretty much work (compared to programs or games like "the movies") but there are about no limits... i can create anything i want this way... (and dont forget, befor all this i had to learn, how to use the software, which can take a couple months too, if you have never done such stuff befor)(depending on how much time you are able to spend on it every day)... the good thing is, once you got into it, the characters and all the props... even certain motionsequences are reusable... you can use them for other clips in the future again, if you save them somewhere on your computer

greetings
Blade
Blade

Post by Blade »

am already working on my next clip, consider this screenshot a kind of teaser

a tiny little bit more efford here... my first model got a little upgrade, looks better, means more realistic now (i think)... all i want to say for now is, it will include some arrows :D

greetings
Blade
Attachments
teaser.png
teaser.png (2.88 MiB) Viewed 14319 times
Blade

Post by Blade »

another "early attempt"... might post a better version of this one later... need to learn a little bit more, how to do things better first

greetings
Blade
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

Pretty solid animation for your second outing. My only critique is the switch from AI dialogue to what sounds like a bathroom recording.
Blade

Post by Blade »

well, i need to use, what i have here... i use text to speech for dialogues... but you cant make really good effects this way... and the other soundeffects i need to use, what i have here, and thats only some effects extracted from some clips i have...
sadly i dont know any female in my life, i could ask for this... and since all this is just a hobby and i am not a commercial producer who earns cash with stuff like this, i cant really efford to hire some kind of actress for this... i am working on a solution though... but dont forget... all this is just a hobby for me that i want to share with the community :cool:

just some thoughts... i could use some background noises/music to hide this kind of "breaks"... or just waive on any dialogues... or use text instead of speech like kupop does (great artist in my oppinion, especially since i know now how hard it is and how much work to create animations of this quality)

greetings
Blade
Blade

Post by Blade »

and another little test

Sinkyourteeth

Post by Sinkyourteeth »

Blade wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:28 pm i used Iclone 7 from reallusion for this (plus a few others programs and plugins from reallusion)...
How funny, I just started a thread asking basically this question. I'm not very tech savvy, do you feel like this software is user friendly? Do you know other software's that are if not? I would like to start making my own art.
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

Good grief I didn't know you'd replied until I now... Sorry for not following up sooner.
Blade wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:18 am well, i need to use, what i have here...
Fair points. I completely understand. I figured your resources are pretty limited but wanted to provide more substantive feedback than an, "atta boy!"
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sinkyourteeth wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:48 pm
Blade wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:28 pm i used Iclone 7 from reallusion for this (plus a few others programs and plugins from reallusion)...
How funny, I just started a thread asking basically this question. I'm not very tech savvy, do you feel like this software is user friendly? Do you know other software's that are if not? I would like to start making my own art.
well... not easy to answer... iclone is 3D animation software on a proffessional level... if you want to create really good stuff, you will need some extra plugins and other software though... i would say, its comparable user friendly, but it still needs some efford to learn, how to use it... but there is a bunch of tutorial videos out there which explain you the most important basics... i know, there is a little bunch of other programs, but cant really say, if they are better/easier to understand, since i didnt really work with them yet... DAZ studio for example... just google for 3D animation software and you will get some different results... but as i said... i dont really know much about the others

greetings
Blade