Announcement: Cinemorgue Update Delay

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

DeMan

Announcement: Cinemorgue Update Delay

Post by DeMan »

I just wanted to give you all a bit of warning. As you may know, this week GeoCities closed down. Since I used a GeoCities address for the Actors section of the Cinemorgue, I upgraded (at no additional charge, luckily) to its own domain; all the actors' pages are now under http://www.cinemorgue2.com .

Unfortunately, while all the pages have been transferred over to the new URL, all of the actors links (including the image links) still refer back to the GeoCities address. So, I'm going to be editing the pages to fix them up (and also taking advantage of the process to catch up on updating the existing actors' pages). As this will be a time-consuming process, I don't know when I'll next be able to update the Actress section.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up about that.
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Re: Announcement: Cinemorgue Update Delay

Post by Nightposter »

Yahoo strikes again!
While I'm sure they had their reasons (Money comes to mind) we've lost a wealth of information. Yes, there were sites not updated since 1999, but that didn't lessen the value of the information posted. Everything posted at geocities wasn't "adult" either, as a lot of college level studies were posted to free sites like these.
Geocities joins the ranks of the fallen, like Tripod, Angelfire, Lycos, egroups, One List, MSN, and the others, they will be missed... :shake:
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Re: Announcement: Cinemorgue Update Delay

Post by Nightposter »

Posted on ZDNet News: Oct 27, 2009 5:44:43 AM
The closure of GeoCities marks the end of an era, as the Internet community says goodbye to the pioneering Web site creation and hosting service portal.

Yahoo shut down the site Monday, 10 years after it bought the Web property for almost US$3.6 billion in stock--though the value was later revised to US$4.5 billion.

The Internet giant in April posted a notice on the GeoCities site highlighting plans to take it down and not archive its content. The company advised users to save their content offline or move their pages to Yahoo's paid Web hosting service.

The loss of GeoCities, which provided for many a first foray into the world of self-publishing on the World Wide Web, sparked several efforts to preserve the portal. Nonprofit organization Internet Archive, which seeks to back up and make archived copies of sites online, announced a project dedicated to provide a "deep and thorough" archive of GeoCities' sites.
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...