This day

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

TenderFlesh

Re: This day

Post by TenderFlesh »

I was sitting in English class in junior high and when the announcement came over the PA everything just stopped, the teacher and most of the girls were crying, and most of us guys were just sitting there stunned taking in everyone's reaction to the trajedy. No, I'll never forget it or will I ever forget at the funeral cortage little John John saluting. Sad day indeed.
tOkie
What is your main fetish?: Femme Demise
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am as real as it getz

Post by tOkie »

and yes: getting back to the topic

I will never forget the day. I will also never forget 2 other things that were in direct response to that tragic time.

1. Dallas became a household word.

2. Dallas became synonymous with death, assassination, cover-up, Oswald, Ruby, Zapruder, mafia, strip clubs, the Texas Theatre, Oak Cliff (which is a separate city from Dallas), school book depository, 6th floor, lone gunman, grassy knoll, Dealey Plaza, magic bullet, triple underpass...I could go on and on.

It does still hurt my heart, being that Dallas is my home town, how the rest of the world viewed it then, and some even still today. I suppose I should just "get over" the effect it had on my city. It's one reason I tend to make tongue in cheek remarks about things.

I dare anyone to ask another person, be them friend or stranger, what is their first thought when they hear Dallas.

I can already predict the answer.
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

Cowboys Cheerleaders comes to mind.

But your point is well taken. There does seem to be an automatic connection in our generation between Dallas and the assassination.
BrianTK
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Like all kinds of death scenes
Why do you want to join this forum?: Long Time Friend of G-Man
Referral: Founder Member

Post by BrianTK »

tOkie wrote: I dare anyone to ask another person, be them friend or stranger, what is their first thought when they hear Dallas.

Not trying to be funny in a thread on a serious subject, but I wasn't born until 1970. Being from a different generation, the first thought that pops into my head when I hear 'Dallas' is 'J.R. Ewing'.
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Post by Nightposter »

tOkie wrote:
I dare anyone to ask another person, be them friend or stranger, what is their first thought when they hear Dallas.

I am from that generation...My first thought is...the Cheerleaders!
Followed by J.R. and company...

I've tried hard over the years to push the horrors of those years to the back of my mind.
Remember - we had just stepped back from the brink of total nuclear war, and now our leader had been horribly taken from us. Some thought this was "payback" for the Missiles of October, some thought that war was immanent. I still refuse to watch the yearly rehash of the events of that tragic day :shake:
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...