Genre Videos TO CLOSE SHORTLY!

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Genre Videos TO CLOSE SHORTLY!

Post by Bluestone »

Hey All,

Well, it was a bold endeavour and lasted for many years, but Genre Videos has not been supported by most of its member producers and users for some time now. So, I will be closing the site shortly.

Users, please use up the balance of your credits there as soon as you can. Those who want to transfer their credits to gift certificates at the "Silk 'N Blood" store, email me at DDGBluestone@hotmail.com with your Genre Videos username, and we will transfer those credits now, which will avoid you having to use them up before the store closes.

We estimate about 3 weeks before the Genre Videos doors will be closed forever.

We are taking steps to add Bitcoin as a payment method at our Silk 'N Blood store.

Thanks for your support of this grand experiment for the past several years. It's been a fun ride!

Blue
Attachments
GenreVideosLogo.jpg
GenreVideosLogo.jpg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 15230 times
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Totallibertarianism
What is your main fetish?: Strangulation, Squeezing, Contrast making energy and feeling of pleasure...
Why do you want to join this forum?: For my personal arts collection, and discussing about the arts of dead fetish.
Referral: A link in the superheroineforum website.

Re: Genre Videos TO CLOSE SHORTLY!

Post by Totallibertarianism »

Bluestone wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:36 am Hey All,

Well, it was a bold endeavour and lasted for many years, but Genre Videos has not been supported by most of its member producers and users for some time now. So, I will be closing the site shortly.

Users, please use up the balance of your credits there as soon as you can. Those who want to transfer their credits to gift certificates at the "Silk 'N Blood" store, email me at DDGBluestone@hotmail.com with your Genre Videos username, and we will transfer those credits now, which will avoid you having to use them up before the store closes.

We estimate about 3 weeks before the Genre Videos doors will be closed forever.

We are taking steps to add Bitcoin as a payment method at our Silk 'N Blood store.

Thanks for your support of this grand experiment for the past several years. It's been a fun ride!

Blue
Shit !

Genrevideos was a good storesite, I have an account with all my purchased history !

I hope you will keep the crypto/bitcoin payment system to purchase your materials, Crypto is one of the best payment system for our community in this hard time.

Will we have to create an account to use the bitcoin payment system in your Silk 'N Blood store ?

And when will the new bitcoin payment system be available in your Silk 'N Blood store ?
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Post by tommygun »

It was a great store, Blue, and you opened it to provide a lower commission cost sales site for the industry when NicheClips was the only game in town. But above everything else, you were always HONEST in your dealings with us, which your competitor most assuredly has not ever been. I always knew the economics of your store were tougher, but you blazed new ground and did it for the producers and fans, not to line your pocket. SO, from all of us, THANKS for everything you have done and still do for our benefit!

/tg
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, Genre Videos was a good alternative for our community and we regret that it has apparently served its purpose and outlived its usefulness for today's community producers. Unfortunately, it has also become unviable from an economic standpoint.

We need to update our server's database and the older stores will not work with the updated database software. The cost of upgrading each store, especially the customizations that were required to create the Genre Videos video mall, is quite high. Accordingly, it does not make economic sense for the Genre Videos store to be upgraded. So, we will be updating only our "Silk 'N Blood" store, which already has all of our videos that were available on Genre Videos. We plan to transfer our Bitcoin payment system there, but do not have the details as to how it will work yet. All I can say is that the "Silk 'N Blood" store will be upgraded to the newest software for that cart. FF will also be upgraded to the latest software in order to once and for all eliminate all of the issues that we have experienced with the outdated database system that we are currently running on our server.

Watch this thread for more updates on this reassembling of the Bluestone sites!

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
GoodFunFilms
What is your main fetish?: Seeing both the strength and vulnerability in a woman when she plays the Victor and the victim.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I have been a long long time member of the community occassionaly posting under 'miamiman' or manoman. Pretty sure I saw the birth of our community!
Referral: Have not posted much but did post on this board years ago before Blue rescued it.

Post by GoodFunFilms »

I am sorry to hear about this albeit not completely surprised.

Customers don't have to think about the cost of providing the videos, nor how Producers get paid by most stores which is disgusting for most of the Producers out there who do fetish material that is considered taboo for most.

Great that you tried to provide an alternative. So sorry it did not work.

All the best for all your other endeavours.
John
Good Fun Films (New Producer with campy 'Gun Fun' clips and images to start)
GFFilms77@gmail.com
https://goodfunfilms.gumroad.com
Twitter: @GFunFilms
Instagram: @goodfunfilms7
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Thanks again for the kind words and for your understanding.

Yes, it is hard for community producers to make a buck. I currently have 3 stores, Genre Videos, Silk 'N Blood, and the fledgling Superheroine Fans store. Over the next month or so, I will be closing Genre and SuperheroineFans in favour of just the one store. That will reduce my operating costs somewhat, and certainly lower my software upgrade costs.

There are other alternatives now that did not exist when I opened Genre Videos in 2013, 11 years ago! We had a good run!

Thanks for everyone's support of Genre Videos over the past decade!

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com