BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

circum95

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Post by circum95 »

Is it just me?
With AF in cardiac arrest, CNB broadcasting old C-movies and nicheclips pumping out one paralisingly boring asphyx clip after the other, I believe I am in a fetish crisis.
Where are the times when Dr Don, KHP, AF, Slaynates and Ruemorgue each pumped out at least one inspiring shooting clip a week?
Am I such a pervert that I can't see the point in suffocating women in 99 different ways?
Is anybody going to fill the void or do I have to start my own business?
I used to spend a couple of hundred bucks a month on pay per view downloads - but is there so much more cash in 'gasp gasp gargle gargle'?
Can't believe it. c95
JohnM

Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Post by JohnM »

I will foster a guess on this one, though my perspective is a bit skewed.

All these sites live month to month. They have to make a certain amount each month to meet their bottom line to be able to pay bills and produce more.

For my site, PKF, it is simple. Asphyxia whether single or multigirl always does well. Shootings are a hit and miss. Multi girl shooting seem to do very well, but can take days or weeks to edit. Single girl shooting do about half or a quarter of the sale of a single girl strangling and take 2-3 times the time to edit. If I need to get two projects done in a week and have a revenue target, I am going to go for the safe bet.

It was not always like that. I would release a shooter and it would sell 3-4 times a strangle in any capacity. My production values have remained the same or consistent, so I could only assume the that shooter s are holding out for the larger projects.

I have about 50 shooting movies waiting to edit and will get to them when time permits or the market dictate better demand.

I used to own Ruemorgue and I can tell you Hank has some really good shooting left to edit including a big war movie. But, I was the main editor and now I am off on my own. So, he is doing all the editing and working at a different pace. I imagine he will get to it one day, or maybe sell it back to me. :-)

As far as boring, well, it's just a matter of what you like. I can watch female oil wresting over and over again and all they have to do is change the girls and the costumes (which are optional). The action is always the sale--girls and oil. :-)

Thanks,
JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

All producers have different experiences, but I've found that my customer base is about equally split between shootings and asphixia, with stabbings a distant third place. As John says, to each his own. If you don't like asphixia, that's fine, but there are many people who love asphixia and are bored by shootings.

In an effort to satisfy both of my major customer groups, I try to post one shooting (or stabbing) and one asphixia each and every month. They appear to do equally as well in sales, but that's because usually different customers are buying the shootings than are buying the asphixia.

I thought KHP was doing mostly shootings. Has that changed? His asphixia category always seemed to be quite bare.

At http://www.silkvideos.com we have a ppv option for those who want to pick and choose what M.O.'s they want to buy. We have about 40 shootings posted with many more to come. I do all of the editing and f/x, but, unlike John, find that asphixia can take just as long to edit, but that just speaks of different filming styles. I take many different angles of the same strangle scene, then have difficulty choosing from so much good material :D

So, one must not generalize about producers. Every production company produces different material in different ways. What you should be looking for, I.M.H.O., is the quality productions over the mass produced and rushed productions that often result from a weekly posting schedule.

But, that's just me :)

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
elsullo
Why do you want to join this forum?: I have an active fantasy life---it's all PLAY.....................

Post by elsullo »

Just a suggestion, if you would consider farming out the shooter-editing. Consider the skills of "Lurker", who edited and did most of the FX video of AnnabellesFantasy for years. He is simply the BEST shoot-em editor, both visual and sound effects, and he is AVAILABLE since AF went into hibernation. Shoot him an e-mail? He may be expensive, but he is the BEST.............................elsullo
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Shoot me over his email address (pun intended) :D

ddgbluestone@hotmail.com

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
circum95

thanks

Post by circum95 »

Guys,

Thank you for the open words. Actually your answers tallied with what I suspected myself.
Just one more comment about the additional cost for FX when doing shooting clips:

Although I believe the stuff Dr. Don started was awsome, it is a bit overrated when it comes to selling a clip.

I personally care little about bullet impacts and blood effects. Its the performance of the actress that counts. Is there some agreement out there?

Cheers, c95
hardthrasher

Post by hardthrasher »

JohnM wrote:Hank has some really good shooting left to edit including a big war movie.
Can anyone elaborate on this war movie?
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

hardthrasher wrote:
JohnM wrote:Hank has some really good shooting left to edit including a big war movie.
Can anyone elaborate on this war movie?

I shot the majority of the footage in 2004. It had about 9 girls in it, but we re-used some of the girls for other roles. I did a I little test composite with some extra footage I had shortly after with some effects added, but felt at the time, the available effects for the cost were too cheesy.

Here is that footage--don't laugh.
http://www.peachykeenfilms.com/previews/commando.mpg

Anyhow, the bulk of the movie is the tale of an all female infantry troop on a mission to find a captured soldier. The thin plot was just an excuse to have lots of shootem up scenes and body pile and searching scenes. Of note, we actually blew up a small structure with real dynamite and tied it into a bazooka prop that was simultaneously firing a model rocket. It was a cool effect and when enhanced with digital rivals the big movies.

Anyhow, I have no idea what will happen to the project. It currently sits on over 22 DV tapes representing about 20 hours worth of footage and would probably be months of work. I originally planned to edit it even after my time at Ruemorgue, but my current company takes to much of my focus, so I relinquished my rights to the project.

JohnM

hardthrasher

Post by hardthrasher »

JohnM wrote: Here is that footage--don't laugh.
Laugh? I'd love to see something like that! Sounds like a huge editing job, though. Any way to farm it out? Or maybe just release it in small episodes? Can't just let something like that languish on the shelves...
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Well, I no longer own the project. That out be something to contact Hank about at Ruemorgue.

Ultimately, it may simply be too huge of a project to justify all the time editing it vs. what it will make back.

Unfortunately, "Westward Ho's" taught us a lot. No matter how big, pretty and complex a production is, there is only a finite amount of folks in this community to purchase it.

I think Hank should try to get customs-type investment to motivate the movies production. Otherwise, I fear, it will never be finished.

JohnM

gold

Post by gold »

Really agree that producers have to be cost effective and have to look at what sells and cuts back on FX time. Possibly PPV out sourcing or a theme series like Blue has done or using Lurker or releasing some vids not scheduled or unreleased would be great Sales a bonus for members and new members has also been done.. Quality is important but some models sell eg:Petra Paris Britton ....Producing and releasing perfect outakes other angels or just a low cost shooting with a short script and lack of clothing might produce some interest.....For eg.Using the phone smoking or tease in a mirror . Simple plot lines with a coniving deserving quality model using a surprise scenario is simple effective and cost effective .For example after a shoot the expensive model has to clean up ,and 4 minutes of adlib action with no scripted lines might produce revenue with no quality sacrificed. Some fans just have a favorite or become fans and will buy their work. Agree that with Af inactive lots of talent is wasted and that Lurkers classics were great. Hope that regardless of opinions Producers realize that they are appreciated by most out here and also their talented models who give it their all..Hopefully we will get more options even if it is PPV Series themes or just star models who have fans.and go into the production Final thought just do your own thing and do it well ,fans have to be patient.
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

I don't see the newer videos as boring, but rather evolving in a direction that doesn't appeal to me personally. For the companies that have been around awhile, the quality of the work and the technical skill used in producing it has improved significantly. What puts me off is the fact that market forces seem to be demanding more brutality and a hardcore M/F sex element from producers that previously had a lighter touch in these areas. I perfer sexy to sex and one shot versus many, so I have tended to spend my money at Annabelle's Fantasy, Susyfights and Bluestone's as a result. With AF more-or-les DOA, the field has narrowed a bit and custom productions are beginning to have an appeal.