Skeebo reviews Inshadow - Doublecrossed

A place for board members to review videos and video producers as well as mainstream movies! Feel free to contribute!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews Inshadow - Doublecrossed

Post by Skeebo »

Overview: At 0:26, Juliana walks through a door with a gun, wearing a black coat, stockings, and boots. She walks up a flight of stairs while the masked killer stalks her with a knife. He grabs her from behind at 1:20 and smothers her with his gloved hand. She passes out at 2:05. He unzips her coat to reveal the black lingerie underneath and exposes her breasts. At 3:15 we cut to Juliana slung over the killer’s shoulder with her coat off. He puts her on a bed and at 3:50 takes her top off, then her panties, and caresses her some. At 4:40 we cut to Juliana being carried to a sofa and laid there. She has been gagged and bound at ankles and wrists. At 5:20 she wakes up and the killer menaces her with the knife. At 5:50 he ungags her and begins choking her. She dies at 7:10. The killer slides off of her and there are body pans until 8:36.

Asphyxia: During the smothering scene, the killer grabs Juliana from behind and they grapple a bit before the killer plants his hand over her nose and mouth. A cut skips over her sinking the ground, and suddenly she’s lying with her back against the killer kicking her feet until she passes out. During the strangulation, killer sits on Juliana’s belly and chokes her with one hand while the other presses down on her bound wrists above her head. She’s an incredibly helpless victim through the entire video and whimpers almost nonstop whenever she’s conscious. Her attempts to fight at very feeble, despite the fact that she’s apparently an assassin. Her whimpers and gasps are too loud and breathy to be believable during her asphyxiation scenes. She also passes out and dies very suddenly in each. These aren’t very believable or well done scenes, but I do like how utterly pathetic a victim Juliana makes.

Fondling: After smothering Juliana into unconsciousness, the killer undresses Juliana somewhat while she lies sprawled against him on the ground. He exposes and fondles her breasts a little bit. On the bed, he does a bit of handling as he positions her body, then removes her top and fondles her a little bit. A cut skips over most of the killer’s act of removing her panties. After her death, he tilts her head toward the camera and runs his hands over her breasts as he sits up. There isn’t very much fondling all told, and cuts skip over a lot of the handling where Juliana’s limp body would be emphasized, which annoyed me. However, Juliana does make a smoking hot victim and she’s got a fairly decent death stare.

Other: Omninous background music plays continuously in the background. It’s fairly understated and I thought it added a bit to the video as a whole. I didn’t notice any continuity errors or revealing mistakes in the video. Other than the fact that the video cuts over some good bits, I didn’t notice any bad editing.

Overall: This is another one of those old videos that really isn’t very good, but I still watch sometimes because the central victim is so hot. Juliana is a statuesque beauty, and there’s something appealing about how almost cartoonishly pathetic she is. The video seems to be going for a betrayed secret agent theme, but Juliana acts the part of a helpless innocent victim, so fans of “bad girl” themes will probably be disappointed. I end up enjoying this video a little more than I probably should just due to the beautiful victim whimpering and moaning her heart out as she’s callously murdered. I give it a 4.