The American- A Review and Spoiler

These are reviews of mainstream movies, as opposed to death fetish videos by producers in our community.

Moderator: Admin

kevin67

The American- A Review and Spoiler

Post by kevin67 »

George Clooney plays a hitman with a large problem. The agency, probably the one he was working for, is trying to kill him. It is never really clear who the bad guys really are.

The Plot- In the opening scene, Clooney manages to thaw an attempt on his life by killing two men and a woman. He then flees to Rome and later to a small Italian town. A male operative and his female counterpart hire him to make an extremely accurate rifle. As he is literally creating this rifle ,he befriends a catholic priest and a local prostitute called Carla ,whom he eventually falls in love with. Neither of the two know his real profession. Another attempt is made on his life by another male character, but this also fails, and causes him to be constantly looking over his shoulder.

Soon he realizes that the two agents are out to kill him ,and he rigs the gun to misfire before giving it to the female agent. The final shootout occurs in a terrific religious carnival scene, where Clooney proposes to Carla. However, fate plays a different hand and leads to the demise of the male agent, the female agent and Clooney himself.

Acting - All the actors involved do a great job of keeping you interested in the story. Clooney deserves special kudos for his fine portrayal of a man whose profession has caued him to live life on the edge. Throughout the movie he depicts the right amount of tension and solitude expected in such a character. In one scene , he finds a handgun in Carla's purse and begins to suspect that she too may be an operative. He decides to take her on a picnic near a remote lake, where he could easily dispose of her by hiding his handgun in the picnic basket. Ay one point she reaches into her handbag. and Clooney goes into the picnic basket for the pistol which is hidd3en by the basket cover. She produces a tube of suntan lotion so he can apply it to her.This scene defines his characters ability or lack of ability to trust anyone.

The actress who portrays Carla (Violente Piermont) was also great in her role. Not only did she have a most appealing smille ,but also one of the best naked bodies I have seen in a mainstream movie. I think the movie would be more in line with our fetish, if he had shot her.

I would be remiss, if I didn't add that the scenery and cinematography were absolutely beautiful. It made you feel like booking a trip to Italy as soon as possible.

Female Deaths- There were two female deaths in this movie. The first one was rioht at the beginning when Clooney shoots his female friend , an innocent woman, in the back of the head. Since the terraine was snowy, she was wearing a light grey parka type jacket and a grey knit cap. The scene went very quikly and only showed a little blood near her head. Later in the film Clooney had a dream which flashed back to the womans body, but this was also very brief.

The second death involved the female agent, when she pulled the trigger in an attempt to kill Clooney . The rifle exploded in her face and she fell off the roof she was using to snipe at him. The view of her body and the shots of the right side of her face were just soso. She was wearing a black jacket and pants in the scene.

Overall- This is an unusually quiet action thriller, which encompasses a very good character study. If you like loud music and constant action, then it would be better iif you skip this movie. I really liked the movie ,but I cannot give it more than a five or six as far as the death fetish elements.
gold

Re: The American- A Review and Spoiler

Post by gold »

Hope to review one of yours soon Kevin am sure it will just as good of a story line. Fans might want to view Asian Cat Burgler with Ainka on Niche this is one of the best climatic performances i have seen this year and it is not a shooting.. Its great and either she has a natural gift or her director worked for hours on the story board for her debut You caint teach these reaction.
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Re: The American- A Review and Spoiler

Post by Bluestone »

I saw The American too, and agree with Kevin's review. It was the slowest-moving action film that I've seen in some time. The only thing that didn't move slowly were the female death scenes. They were too quick and not graphic enough. Pretty well, the waste of an evening for me. I would have rather been editing :D

I would give it a 3 for an action movie, or a 5 for a regular drama for its acting and character development.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com