AstroKill reviews 'Death by Cock' by Horrorgasm

We have moved reviews of defunct producers such as KHP to this subforum in order to maintain them as historical documents.

Moderator: Admin

astrokill

AstroKill reviews 'Death by Cock' by Horrorgasm

Post by astrokill »

Okay, I didn't really buy this because of the title. Really. Horrorgasm is a nice, quaint erotic horror store, its a little charming, exclude all the sex from their clips, and what you have is a decent group of actors and actresses. That's a plus in my book.

With that said, what got to buy this clip was the world's first penis gun. Yes, you heard right, a penis gun. So I bought it thinking, "Hey, I wonder what this is like?" However, even a without a penis gun, I felt this film was a little disappointing.

The story begins as a creepy salesman approaches a young woman, selling her the penis gun. She hesitates to do so, and and after still hesitating, he feels that she has insulted him, the guy snaps and goes insane. He kills her by shooting, and then after she is dead, he gets his willies by jamming his gun between her legs.

Let me point out that the actor, Ramses Hardmen, can portray crazy people just right, he does have the "I'm insane" vibe. He even acted insane, which gave it a plus. He acted desperate at first when he sells his product and does so convincingly. And when he snaps, boy, he snaps. He acted so well, you can see his potential right off the bat.

The actress in this film, Tristen Dayne, plays the "I can be a bitch" role well. She does so with facial tics and eye movements and does portray the bitchy role believably. When she does get shot, she she hits the wall, jiggles, gasps and moans.

However, the film is brought down by the poor lighting. The contrast between shadow and light is too sharp, that it is distracting. My eyes feel like I'm not having the complete picture, and it is somewhat disorienting. In addition, the shooting didn't seem real enough. The blood splatter looks like it is thrown on, this is just my opinion however, only because I have seen realistic bullet wounds from other producers that aren't blood thrown on a body at the time the film was released. I may be under a misperception of what real bullet wounds look like, having been grown up with Hollywood-type of bullet wounds, so I may be wrong. In addition, the penis gun did disappoint. Not only is it funny (which may the point), but it is non-threatening. The usage of such a tool is also disappointing. I'm sure it shoots and acts a vibrator at separate moments, and one scene where it is used all at once. But I still had the impression the film was funny. I give them props for trying something new though.

But the acting brought it up. I was very impressed with the actor, which was the highlight of the film. What other film in this genre can I say that the actor was good, overshadowing even the actress?

AstroKill's Rating: 7 out of 10 stars