AD BLOCKING SOFTWARE: thumbs up!

Here is where you will find plain-language instructions for how to use all of Femme Fatalities' features. Plus it is a place to post any tech questions you need answered. Computer-savvy members, please visit this forum regularly to see if there are any fellow members who need help.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

AD BLOCKING SOFTWARE: thumbs up!

Post by Algenon5 »

I finally got around to installing ad blocking software. I should have done it long ago!

AD BLOCKER PLUS is open source freeware with more than 200 million users. It blocks virtually all popup ads including those not caught by Internet Explorer's popup blocker. It blocks malware tracking. It dramatically speeds up IE11 on most .com sites. Installation is free and takes less than a minute. (Restart you PC after the installation is complete.)

AD BLOCKER PLUS for INTERNET EXPLORER:
https://adblockplus.org/

AD BLOCKER PLUS for CHROME;
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... idom?hl=en

AD BLOCKER PLUS for FIREFOX:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/

Al
MINISTRY OF CULTURE APPROVED
Jerry
What is your main fetish?: A few... Shootings, (arrows, bullets, darts, beanbags, lightning bolts, watermelons whatever), stabbing and body play/posing. And more innocently, wetlook or "splosh" as its called elsewhere.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I want to see the content and to keep up with what is produced, what others like and to be in the company of other people who share my fetishes. Growing up I thought I was the only one with these fetishes.
Referral: google searches and seen FF mentioned on other related sites.

Re: AD BLOCKING SOFTWARE: thumbs up!

Post by Jerry »

Not only does it make browsing better, it also makes it safer.

Some sites don't enforce or police their advertising so its very common for nasties to get sent down the pipe to visitors. Other sites hope a user will get *something* (of usually questionable morals) on their computer because they get more advertising revenue if the person actually buys into the scam, or randsomware. This has been going on since I caught one back in 1999 or so.

Protect your unit, install an adblocker today! :mrgreen:

Non-targeted rant below...
I always run around the net with adblocker enabled 100% (plus noscript). Ask me to disable it, and I'll sure as hell keep it on. Sites I visit regularly I'll turn off adblock once. If the ads are in check and don't rape the content, I disable adblock for that site. If I see a product that interests me and I plan on buying it, I will follow the ad before my purchase to help the site. Look out for me as a user, and I'll look out for you. A site with shitty ad practices (or shitty owner) but useful information, unlike other visitors who will never return; I will, Just to suck bandwidth whenever I want to see that information again and hope your shady ass goes out of business. This kind of site owner is the reason adblockers exist to begin with.

Sorry for the hijack...
Algenon5

Post by Algenon5 »

Jerry, I couldn't agree with your more.

Al
smudger

Post by smudger »

Installed it, appears to work well. I can now visit an interesting site which used to be a nightmare for pop-ups, and ads that appeared if your ran the pointer over them even without clicking.
Algenon5

Post by Algenon5 »

Glad it's working for you, Smudger. I'm curious as to which browser you're using. Internet Explorer 11 is my primary browser because I much prefer IE11's bookmarks system. However I occasionally use Firefox and have noticed subtle differences in the way Ad blocker works compared to how it works with IE11. But this could just be because I'm old and drink gin. I've installed ad blocker on Chrome but keep it disabled to use Chrome as a control comparison to the other browsers.

Al