DRM RESTRICTED VIDEO & AUDIO FILES

Here is where you will find plain-language instructions for how to use all of Femme Fatalities' features. Plus it is a place to post any tech questions you need answered. Computer-savvy members, please visit this forum regularly to see if there are any fellow members who need help.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

DRM RESTRICTED VIDEO & AUDIO FILES

Post by Algenon5 »

DRM restriction (protection) supposedly was developed to combat piracy, at which it has been an almost complete failure. These days, in collusions between software providers, hardware manufacturers and content providers, it is mainly used to restrict the legal use of your legally owned video and audio files. For example, a DRM protected .wmv video can only be played on Windows Media Player 11 or 12. Another example is I-Tunes can only be played on portable players manufactured or sanctioned by MAC. If this was 1960, it would be like having RCA LPs that could only be played on an RCA record player.

Other significant DRM drawbacks are: (1) If You change or upgrade your computer's operating system, your legally downloaded files will no longer play. (2) If you buy a new computer, the DRM restricted videos you own CANNOT be moved to your shiny, new mega laptop or any external hard drive connected to it. DRM files you may presently have on an external HD will not play when it is connected to you new computer. (Nice, huh?)

So if you want to play your DRM restricted videos on your GOM player, or I-Pod, or Blackberry, you will need to remove the DRM license restrictions. Since DRM has no standing in law, this can be legally done with both paid and free software. Recommended pair programs are available from Aimersoft ($30) and Ramka ($20). Both work for all video and audio formats, and both are easy to use, even for beginners.

http://www.removedrmsoftware.com/drm-remove.html

http://download.cnet.com/DRM-Removal/30 ... 15841.html

If you are handy with a computer, there are many, many free DRM removal programs. The only drawback is they have learning curves that some might have difficulty with. At least this applies to the ones I have briefly checked out. Here is where to go to begin thumbing through the pile:

http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/

Al
MINISTRY OF CULTURE APPROVED
smudger

Re: DRM RESTRICTED VIDEO & AUDIO FILES

Post by smudger »

Its all Greek to me. :lol2: :lol2:
Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

Re: DRM RESTRICTED VIDEO & AUDIO FILES