- Posts: 3531
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:30 am
- What is your main fetish?: old shoes
- Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
- Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower
- Location: The Great White North, almost
No other player (including VLC) matches GOM's number of highly useful features,
easy access to all features, overall ease of use and playback performance. GOM
accepts 42 video and audio formats including mobile phone videos. (See the VIDEO
PLAYERS thread for info on some of GOM's most-used features.) Best of all it's free
with no strings attached like hidden ad-ware. So it makes sense to make it your
default player for all video and audio files, plus your computer-played DVDs.
Start by getting GOM's free download here: http://player.gomlab.com/eng/
Try GOM for a few weeks. Then if you think it's everything it's cracked up to be,
you can make GOM your default player by following these simple steps:
1. Open GOM with or without a loaded file.
2. Click F5 on your keyboard.
3. At the bottom of the table of contents in the box which opens, click OTHERS.
4. In the FILE TYPES tab which opens, click SELECT ALL.
5. Click CLOSE.
Your media files and DVDs will now be automatically played by GOM.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you have the Windows Media Player installed, it may still insist
on playing WMV files. If this happens, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Right-click "Windows Media Player" found in the upper left-hand corner.
3. In the small menu which opens, click TOOLS. Then click OPTIONS.
4. In the box which opens, click the FILE TYPES tab.
5. Un-check the box marked "Windows Media Video File (wmv)"
6. Click OKAY.
7. Close the Windows Media Player.
It is recommended that you keep Windows Media Player installed. It will be
needed for DRM restricted WMV files, should you ever encounter any. There is
more info on this in the post, DRM RESTRICTED VIDEO & AUDIO FILES.
It's also recommended that you keep RealPlayer. It's still needed for some
streaming audio and some internet radio.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest