AstroKill reviews 'Death & Diamonds' by PKF Studios

Reviews for JohnM's production company, Peachy Keen Films, as well as related video projects, should be posted to this forum!

Moderator: Admin

astrokill

AstroKill reviews 'Death & Diamonds' by PKF Studios

Post by astrokill »

This clip is one of my first purchases ever, and one I rewatch over and over for its sheer awesomeness. "Death and Diamonds" to me, brought shooting clips into a whole new level. The clip is about a man who is being roughened up by three women, who insist that they tell him where the diamonds are hidden. Then, all of a sudden, a gunfight ensues where each of the women dies a bloody death. The man, who is the only survivor, then searches the bodies , leaving all bodies topless, he finally finds the diamonds hidden and leaves.

I liked the way this film was shot. The camera style is sort of gritty, thus giving a more "documentary" feel than a film. However, the angles at which in this was filmed, where a wide shots of the bodies and overhead shots remind you this is not documentary at the same time. I thought that each shot and scene was done to near perfection.

I liked the use of color in this film. The film essentially begins in black and white throughout all of the setup. When a firefight ensues, the use of color then appears, which I thought was a clever way of introducing blood, bullets and babes.

The shootings themselves were excellent. The slo-mo when the girls start preparing to shoot was a nice touch. The slo-mo was great for the shots where Emma, the girl with glasses rushes to get her gun by jumping to the floor. The slo-mo when the bullets hit the bodies was a nice touch as well, giving us time to see where each bullet hit, and how each girl finally falls to those hits. The bullet wounds were realistic, and not too bloody. Take note that this film was produced a couple of years ago, and was realistic for its time. It still passes muster in the current productions as well.

The lingering deaths in this film was done in a way I found to be tasteful. The girls choke and gag in a short period of time, and they move slowly. The lingering deaths weren't too long, nor too short and when they collapse, they collapse believably. They gasp and moan well, when I hear Reyja do it somewhat erotically, sounding like she is feeling pleasure, I thought that it brought up the erotic shooting genre.

Two dead bodies were posed in a way that I found erotic. Emma, one of the gang members with glasses on, dies on top on a shelf, spread out. Rejya Wood, a girl with pink panties, is especially notable in that her legs were spread out when she dies, revealing pink panties, and a tease of what's beneath those lace panties. The rest of girls are posed normal style, but their panties are revealed and the pose looked attractive enough that you wish Chris, the survivor, would want removed.

The acting on this one was great. Chris is believably belligerent to the people who roughened him up, and sincerely acts with sinister motives. The girls each have their part as well, and they do it wonderfully. Emma is noted as one of the more better actress, she is hostile, and acts well as a leader of the three girls. The punches to Chris seemed real, with the only minor exception of one of the girls continually punching Chris, I see that she was swinging at nothing, although this is more of camera shot issue. But later on, the one punch and one slap to Chris seemed real, and Chris acted believably hurt, but still belligerent.

I loved this clip, and it is a near-perfect shooting video. This clip only has topless nudity, however, I found everything tastefully done, and was surprised that a clip with no full nudity was fun to watch. Others will disagree with my high rating, as this clip has no full nudity, but I felt that was actually one of it's strengths, it was able to tease, and tease well.

AstroKill's rating: 9.5 out of 10 stars