Review of Rue Morgue's Shopping Mall Jihad

Reviews of Hank's Rue Morgue films, as well as the Grey Panther Films produced with Tommy Gun and Hank's Rumsprings Films, should be posted here!

Moderator: Admin

kelli
What is your main fetish?: Being murdered erotically
Why do you want to join this forum?: Cause
Referral: ummmm.......i forget

Review of Rue Morgue's Shopping Mall Jihad

Post by kelli »

If i have posted this in the wrong place, please fix it for me, blue :X

First of all, this video is not meant to be a serious horror story. At least i hope not. Its just too much fun.

Backstory: Four girls are abducted from a shopping mall, and we first see them in the back of the terrorists van. For being kidnapped and held against their will, the girls seem to take it all in stride.....chatting amongst themselves as if they are going TO the mall, instead of being snatched from there. The abductors look like they always do in Hank's movies of this ilk......right out of Al Queda central casting.

This is all familiar territory for Rue Morgue, having made several similar of these in the past. You pretty much know what is going to happen. Girls abducted, taken to remote location, tied to posts, menaced by kidnappers, forced to get naked, and ultimately executed by gunfire.

In this case, there is almost a lighthearted atmosphere, as the girls verbally taunt their captors....even being smart asses to them. Until a warning shot is fired. Then suddenly its all serious business.

Ultimately, the girls are shot....two in the chest and two below that. Much writhing and jerking and coughing up blood takes place, before the unfortunate victims succumb to their wounds. The deaths are entertaining if not entirely realistic. But really, nothing in this video is all that realistic. The girls do end up in contorted, very uncomfy looking positions when they die, which is kinda cool.

After death, there is much carrying and positioning of the bodies....which involves the ubiquitous Rue Morgue "pit". Something about seeing girls lying dead in a pit just makes me want to take a shower right away. But if i was dead, i would love to join them.

Ok, so this video is just plain fun.....even sloppy in places. I mean, the editing is sometimes choppy and continuity seems to be an afterthought. In one sequence, two of the girls who previously were killed, are seen looking very much alive and healthy for a few seconds. I think that they didn't know they were in the shot, and i kind of giggled at this juxtaposition of events.

So what if the whole thing is a bit on the goofy side. The girls give pretty good death performances, and they make marvelous looking corpses. Not high art for sure, but not offputting either. I give this production two and a half out of five thumbs up.
~♥~

Visit me at http://www.fetnoir.com/index.php?board=7.0

"And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had"
~gary jules, Mad World~