Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - After School Menace!

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - After School Menace!

Post by Skeebo »

Here is a review I originally posted on the Psycho-Thrillers messageboard:

AFTER SCHOOL MENACE!

Overview: Sasha Grey is a high school girl in a skimpy schoolgirl uniform. The principal summons her to his office and offers her a free pass for sex, but she refuses. At 2:00 the principal overrules her, bends her over his desk and starts raping her from behind. At 3:15 he finishes and then chloroforms her down to the floor. At 4:15 she’s unconscious in his arms. He unties her blouse and fondles her some, then carries her to his chair. At 5:45 he starts to garrote her from behind with a string or wire. She slowly slides down the chair until by 10:00 she’s sitting on the floor. By 11:45 she’s dead on the floor. He picks her up and lays her across his desk, where she lies dead and twitching. At 12:50 he slings her over his shoulders and the camera pans around her until the end at 13:23.

Strangling: I’d characterize the strangling in this video as being in the “protracted murder” variety rather than a “life and death struggle” variety. Sasha is more reacting to the pain of being strangling than really struggling to break free. While I generally prefer vigorous struggles, I can appreciate the various flavors. Sasha does a good job using her hands to grasp at the killer and clutch at her throat, and I also liked how her hands would slide down her body occasionally as she loses strength. I also liked how she slides down the chair over the course of the strangling, until by the end her head is actually underneath the chair. Sasha gasps a lot, which I like, but sometimes I thought she got a little too loud and breathy for someone being garroted. Physically, Sasha makes a fetching victim. She’s skinny and pale, which fits in with how young and helpless her character is. Something about her doe eyes also really enhances her performance as she dies. I can’t say the overall strangling wowed me, but I enjoyed it.

Sex/Fondling: Sasha looks terrific in her schoolgirl outfit. She’s got a lean torso and belly that’s really emphasized by her tied-up blouse. I like how the uniform stays on even after she’s getting exposed. There is one live rape scene and a little bit of fondling in the video. The rape is quick and dirty. Sasha gets bent over the desk and banged. She growls at him and yells at bit, and then mostly grunts in pain during the latter half. Her struggles are fairly limited, and I get the impression that she’s only putting up token resistance since she knows the killer is far stronger than her. I liked how he bends her arm back with one hand and grabs hold of her ponytail with the over. As far as the chloroform, I like how Sasha comes to rest on the floor as she passes out, sort of reclining against him in his arms. It’s a nice position for the killer to expose and fondle her small young breasts. There are some good shots of Sasha’s snatch throughout the video, which notably sports a triangle of pubic hair. There’s a little bit of carrying at the end, but otherwise the video lacks any post-mortem sex or fondling.

Other: Probably my favorite aspect of the film is the twitching. Sasha really spasms nicely as she’s dying, giving the impression that her body is shutting down. When she’s laid on the desk, there’s a fantastic shot focusing on her death stare and then panning down her naked torso as she gives a few strong post-mortem jerks. Great stuff. Actingwise, Sasha seems to be going for a “sullen teen” performance during the intro. Personally, I prefer the girls to be a bit more, well, lively during their living moments. She comes across a little wooden here. There are a few noticeable revealing mistakes in the video. Whenever the killer picks Sasha up, she gets a little stiff and responsive even though she’s supposed to be limp. Also, some of the upwards camera angles expose the tops of the set.

Overall: This is a decent video on the shorter and cheaper side of the spectrum. Sasha isn’t a spitfire in this video, but she’s very attractive, has a nice gothy look to her, and looks convincing as a schoolgirl. This video will probably appeal most to schoolgirl fans, especially because she wears the uniform throughout. The lack of any post-mortem content, however, is a big drawback for me. A few moments of fondling as Sasha lies twitching on the desk would have gone a long way. Overall, I'd give it an 8.