Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - Venus

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - Venus

Post by Skeebo »

Here is a review I originally posted on the Psycho-Thrillers messageboard

VENUS

Overview: The killer orders up Tristan from a service and has her change into an ancient Greek-style white skirt and blouse. She takes off her top and at 2:15 they start banging on a Greek recliner-couch. At 3:15 he starts chloroforming her with a rag. She passes out at 4:45. At 5:30 he starts ravishing her in missionary position and strangling her with a cord. Throughout the strangling, her head occasionally hangs off the side of the couch. At 15:45 she’s practically dead. He pulls her up onto the couch and finishes her off. At 16:30 he finally lets go. He calls the service and pulls her into a sitting position. A service guy comes out and takes some photos of her, spread-eagle on the couch. In the process, he puts her limp hand on her snatch. At 18:20 he’s got her slung over his shoulder and carries her away. The video ends at 18:45.

Strangling: The killer ravishes and strangles Tristan for ten straight minutes, so fans of long strangulations should take notice. However, I found the scene as a whole to be a fairly static. Due to the fact that the the killer is ravishing Tristan the whole time, they stay in the same position for the entire ten minutes, with only slight variations on how far Tristan hangs off the couch. Due to the lack of variation, I got impatient with the length. On the plus side, Tristan is classically gorgeous and makes a delectable victim. There are a lot of nice long face shots of her beautiful expressions, which I really enjoyed, and her slender, olive-skinned body is mostly bare during the whole scene. On the whole, I’d call it a good strangling, but I would have sacrificed some length for a more varied struggle.

Sex/Fondling: There’s a little bit of consensual sex in the beginning, but Tristan is intentionally a cold fish. The killer isn’t getting his money’s worth until his garrote is around her neck and he’s ravishing her. At a few brief points, his pelvis gets a little far away from hers, though at other parts he’s pumping merrily away. The killer finishes up just before she dies, so there’s no post-mortem. I liked the shot of dead Tristan just lying beside the killer as he makes his phone call. She’s posed a little bit, and we see her spread-eagled with cum smeared on her snatch. I like posed girls with their hands neatly folded, so this part of the video appeals to me. There is very little fondling, and on the whole I would have liked more post-mortem action.

Other: The chloroforming is well-acted, but since it’s in the same position as the strangling, it suffers from the same lack of variation. I did like how the killer kisses and fondles her while he’s knocking her out. After she’s dead, the killer states that Tristan pisses on the couch, but there aren’t any shots of it, and I didn’t notice a wet spot. Near the end of the strangling, there is a brief gush of drool. Overall, the camerawork is good and unobtrusive, giving good angles on the action. The editing is also good and I didn’t notice any bloopers or errors. In all, it’s a slick presentation.

Overall: This video reminds me of a giant bowl of chocolate ice cream: tasty, but once you’re halfway through you start yearning for some more flavors. To be fair, if the video were simply shorter I would have very little to complain about. It’s got a well shot and performed strangulation with sex, a chloroforming, a little post-mortem posing, and a beautiful victim. Fans of long strangulations will probably really enjoy this one. The video also gets a lot of extra points in my book because I think Tristan is easily one of the most attractive models that PST has used. I’d love to see her used more. I'd give it an 8.