Skeebo reviews PT - Young Girl Raped & Strangled

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews PT - Young Girl Raped & Strangled

Post by Skeebo »

Here is a review I originally posted on the Psycho-Thrillers messageboard.

Overview: Marie walks into an apartment wearing a dress with pantyhose and her red hair clipped up. At 0:35 she’s attacked and thrown against a wall. Her glasses fall off as the killer wraps a black cord around her neck. At 3:15 Marie’s breasts are exposed. At 3:45 Marie falls to her knees and the killer lays her on her back. The killer continues to strangle her and she kicks her shoes off. At 5:30 she pisses herself. At 6:20 she’s dead. The killer strips off her pantyhose and at 7:00 he starts screwing her. At 8:10 he finishes, stands up and spits on her snatch. There are body scans from 8:25 to the end at 9:45.

Strangling: The strangling is mostly set against a purple wall, and is primarily standing. Marie does a good job acting and has some terrific facial expressions. The strangling starts standing and transitions very well to the floor as Marie loses strength. She’s got a terrific rack, especially for such a dainty girl, and it looks beautiful when it jiggles as she asphyxiates. After Marie gets to the ground, most of the angles are at a very low angle and upskirt, or with her feet in the foreground. This will probably appeal to foot fetish fans, but I would have preferred more shots of her face and breasts.

Sex/Fondling: There is very little fondling. After Marie’s dead, the killer gets right into the sex. It’s fairly brief, but the killer gets Marie bouncing pretty good, and we get some nice views of her death stare. However, I wasn't a big fan of one of the full-body camera angles used in the scene because the killer's body obscures much our view of Marie.

Other: I have a real problem with some of the camerawork in this film. During the strangling the camera occasionally starts zooming in until it’s very close to the action, giving a poor view of what’s going on. The focus goes out several times when the zoom is so extreme as well. Also, throughout the film the frame will occasionally wander over to give close-ups of the killer. I noticed this in Double Girl Kill as well. I don’t know if this is a deliberate artistic choice by Psycho-Thrillers, but I would much rather the girl stay in frame at all times.

Overall: At $11 the film is a good value. It’s fairly brief, but with a good strangling and some sex, so it has all the essentials and little filler. The camerawork really is a major source of annoyance for me, but the highlights of the film are mostly unscathed. While the video isn’t a big smorgasbord, overall it’s a tasty morsel at a good price. I give it a 7.5.