Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - The Lingerie Killer

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews Psycho-Thrillers - The Lingerie Killer

Post by Skeebo »

Here is a review I originally posted on the Psycho-Thrillers messageboard. I edited this one a little more than usual to remove a pointless rant against limb play, and to give a better overall analysis.

Breakdown: The video begins with Karli making her way to an apartment with her long burgundy hair in a pony-tail. At 3:30 she undresses in front of a mirror and puts on a tiny little pink lingerie outfit. At 5:15 she’s attacked and hand-strangled. At 8:00 she passes out. The killer picks her up and throws her on the bed, where he positions and fondled her. For about a minute of this section, the video gets choppy as warned in the producer's video description. At 14:15, the killer start strangling her again, She squirms to the floor, where he continues to hand strangle her. There’s a little more choppiness during this section for about 30 seconds. At 23:15 she dies, and he throws her on the bed again for some “limb play” until 25:00, where the film cuts and she’s sitting on the floor, propped up against the wall with her hair tied up. He slips behind her, snaps her neck, and leans her back against the wall. A close-up shot of her crotch shows her pissing until the 26:30 mark, when the film ends.

Strangulation: As always, Karli does a great job with the strangulation. My only real complaint is that she keeps her arms at her sides for too long in the first strangulation. Otherwise, she struggles vigorously and in the second she ranges through a number of positions. I wasn’t a huge fan of some of the camera angles, especially with the use of mirrors. In the first strangling Karli’s face is obscured by a gap in the mirrored doors, and in the second we see her die from a far shot in a mirrored ceiling. It’s fancy, but I would have preferred a better view. However, I did like the way Karli squirms off the bed and down the steps during the second strangle.

Post-Mortem: There’s no full nudity and no sex in the video. I'm always underwhelmed by limb play, so I would have preferred more full-body fondling during that section. I liked the way the killer pushes the unconscious Karli into a variety of positions, but the video's choppiness makes it hard to appreciate. Overall, I would have preferred more traditional sex and fondling, though the Psycho-Thrillers trademark post-mortem necksnap is always appreciated.

Other: Karli looks especially hot when she’s propped up against the wall with her hair done up. I like the inclusion of the pissing, but I would have liked a full body shot rather than a close-up. The video has a few fleeting moments of sideways camera angles and I’d prefer that Psycho-Thrillers not do that. The lead-in time of the video also seemed a bit excessive. On the whole, these are all only minor distractions.

Overall: This is a very solid strangling video with a terrific central performance by the beautiful Karli. If I had directed the video, I would have cut a little into the second strangulation, which was extremely long, and left out the limb play for some solid sex. In spite of my gripes about the content, I really can't bring myself to give the video lower than a 9 due to Karli's performance.