Skeebo reviews: Psycho-Thrillers: Death's Early Light

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Skeebo reviews: Psycho-Thrillers: Death's Early Light

Post by Skeebo »

Concept: A real estate agent is garroted at her property and then raped from behind.

Summary: Jessica is wearing a dark business outfit. She takes a call and then goes to a property she’s trying to sell. The killer stalks her until she’s ready to leave, then ambushes and garrotes her from behind at 1:30. She dies at 3:45. He caresses her for a bit and then flips her onto her belly at 5:30. He takes her panties off, plays with her ass, and spreads her lips until 7:25, when we cut to the killer raping her from behind. At 8:00 he’s done. He rolls her onto her back, does some limb play, and caresses her a bit more until 8:45. There’s a close-up of her urinating until 9:18, when we cut to black.

Strangling: The strangling is not the best I’ve seen from Psycho-Thrillers. Jessica is strangled from behind while lying on top of the killer. The strangling limps off the starting line as Jessica is first taken down. She says, “Oh my god!” and “What do you want?” as she struggles, when she really should be gasping and fighting for her life. She also doesn’t even drop her cellphone for the first 30 seconds, and the camera pans down to glance at it on the floor. Jessica struggles a bit better as the scene goes on, and has a nice death stare, but on the whole it never looks very violent or convincing.

Sex/Handling: The killer takes Jessica’s panties off and the killer plays with her ass and spreads her lips for a fairly long time. This is a good video for ass fans. On the other hand, the rest of Jessica’s clothes stay on, and we don’t even get a brief look at her beautiful breasts until 8:15. On the whole, I was left a little wanting in regards to fondling. The sex is also brief, and from behind, which I generally don’t prefer, but the killer gets her bouncing pretty good and Jessica keeps a nice dead expression as she gets pounded. Interestingly, the killer wears her panties around his neck and bites them while screwing her. I would have liked there to be more sex, but at least there’s some.

Production: There are some sound issues during the strangulation. It seems like there might have been some overdubbing at parts, and there are at least two obvious instances of sound errors, either overlapping sound or a break in a sound clip. The lighting is very grey and a bit shadowy. It appears only the ambient light from the skylights was used. It also appears that the filmmakers were trying to get away with as few takes as possible, and might have been only using one camera. The camera seems to move around a lot more rather than cut to various angles. On the whole it doesn’t look as polished as other PT videos.

Verdict: I was cautious about purchasing this video for a few reasons, but ultimately made the plunge because it’s cheapish, I like the model, and the producers said they might start producing more videos of this filming style and length. I can now say that I'm much more interested in PT's longer, more polished and detailed video style. For a short video that is supposed to get right to the point, there was more padding at the beginning than I expected. The strangling wasn’t the best, and the sex and fondling was pretty limited, at least for my tastes. The camerawork and editing also had problems. All told, there weren’t any real stand-out strengths for me, and I'd rate everything as about "fair." I give it a middling 5.