Psycho-Thrillers - Volleyball Girl Choked and F**d

Reviews of Psycho-Thrillers films should be posted on this forum! Cold Kills and Dead Play are other brand names for this producer.

Moderator: Admin

Skeebo

Psycho-Thrillers - Volleyball Girl Choked and F**d

Post by Skeebo »

Concept: Karli plays a volleyball player who is attacked in the locker room by her obsessive coach, strangled to death, and then raped. It's available at the Psycho-Thrillers store at Nicheclips.

Summary: At 0:28 seconds, Karli arrives in the locker room wearing an athletic uniform. She talks on the phone, and then the coach arrives. They argue about their affair, and he starts to bear hug her at 4:20. At 5:05 he starts to hand strangle her against the lockers until she crumples to the ground and passes out at 6:05. He takes her shirt off and fondles her until 7:00, when she starts to wake up and he chokes her with his legs. She escapes at 8:05, but he immediately starts strangling her on the ground. At 9:00 she escapes again, so he garrotes her on the ground with her shirt. At 10:35 they break apart again. He drags her back against the lockers at 11:00 and lifts her off the ground to hand strangle her. At 13:25 she’s just about dead. He releases her and lets her sink to the ground, then strangles her until 13:50, when she’s definitely dead. At 14:00 he breaks her neck. He strips off her shorts and lays her on the bench, then starts ravishing her at 15:20. He finishes at 16:25. There are some body pans until he returns with a body bag and lays her in it, then drags her away at 18:18.

Death: Karli is strangled in a number of different ways before she’s finally put away. Apart from the leg strangulation, which I don’t care for, I did like the variety. The final strangulation is a suspended hand strangling, for fans of those, with repeated shots of her socked feet off the ground, usually with toes pointed. In the end, Karli seems to be just about dead, and the killer lets her go to reposition her and finish her off. She doesn’t revive when he lets her go, so I guess the implication is that she’s dead or near enough that the last bit of squeezing is gratuitous. I liked it, but it might seem strange to others. After Karli’s death, the killer gives her a traditional PST neck-snap, but there is no sound effect to go with it, a rather glaring mistake.

Overall Karli’s struggling isn’t quite as vigorous as I would have liked. I think part of the problem is that she’s often pressed against the lockers, which make a huge racket when she hits them. It seems like she doesn’t hit them very often to minimize the noise, so I found the struggling to be a bit artificial and handicapped during those moments. Karli’s acting in all other respects is very good. Her expressions of pain and horror are always emotive and I like the way she sobs helplessly when she’s trying to crawl away.

Sex/Fondling: The killer fondles Karli a bit while she’s passed out and propped against the lockers. I really liked the pose for this part, with Karli’s head thrown back and her body shifting unsteadily as the killer strips her. After she’s dead, the killer rolls her onto her belly and whips off her shorts, for a nice view of her derriere and snatch. There’s some more handling as he positions her to straddle the bench. He screws her from behind, which is not my favorite position to watch, but we gets some good views of Karli’s body rocking a bit, along with her lifeless expression. The video ends with a bit more handling as he lays her out in the body bag.

Production: The video has some sound issues. As previously stated, there is no sound effect for the neck snap. Also, the sound will sometimes crack or give out for a split second. This happens once every minute or two. In the beginning, the killer’s voice is occasionally unintelligible due to being muddled and distant, though his accent doesn’t help. A soundtrack plays over the beginning and end of the video, but not during the attack, which is fine with me. I didn’t notice any poor editing or visual issues. The camera work is pretty unobtrusive and does a good job of keeping Karli in frame almost all of the time.

Verdict: I think Karli has done better struggling scenes than this one, but all things considered she still does a pretty good job. The sound issues are a definite drawback, especially the lack of a neck snap sound effect. Some of my issues are simply personal taste, such as the leg strangulation and Karli’s occasional drooling. Other people might like those aspects. On the plus side, it’s a very complete video, with a generous helping of strangulation, along with some post-mortem sex. Ultimately I think this is a pretty solid video, but I was hoping to like it more.