CapgunChuck: Final Contract by Bluestone Productions

Reviews of Bluestone's videos can be posted to this forum. Bluestone also distributes the UKSG Classics, so those reviews will be placed here too. Bluestone's videos feature beautiful women in sexy attire, including some nudity, but with no explicit sexual content. Most of the videos are crime dramas and the M.O.'s include shootings, stabbings, strangulations, drownings, arrowings, hangings, electrocutions, and various other methods of demise.

Moderator: Admin

CapgunChuck

CapgunChuck: Final Contract by Bluestone Productions

Post by CapgunChuck »

Sub-genre: two-gunshots

Note: This review concerns only the first version of this feature, which doesn't contain the third coup de grace shot. (I haven't seen the second version.)

In this exemplary TV-show formulaic, the hand held camera expertly follows the action throughout the movie, providing a nice continuous flow through the story, action and aftermath pans. Melina is a precious doll. The sequence revealing her beautiful birthday-suit bod is worth the price of the movie. The background music between the action scenes is effective.. The "the shot through the pocket" motif, here in the form of the first shot through a bed sheet, is expertly handled. Gunshot sounds are difficult to capture effectively (one reason I prefer silencers for the most part); typical gunshot sound effects tend to sound like either a canon in a field or at the other extreme like a cap pistol; the gunshot sound in this movie isn't quite successful in finding the medium between these extremes; a slightly sharper, quick "pop" sound would have been preferable--a rarity in contemporary movies, especially in this genre. The bullet striking flesh sounds are realistic and precisely timed, a feat difficult to accomplish effectively. Melina's reactions and "death stare" are performed beautifully, proving she is capable of outstanding performances in this genre. Her slide down the door into a sitting position is exquisite. The aftermath pans of Melina slumped against the door with bloody gunshot wounds in the V of her panties and eyes-open death stare are remarkable.. The slow-motion replay and out-takes are fun to watch, as they always are in Bluestone Productions. I can't help but laugh along with Blue and Melina at one particularly funny out-take.

In terms of erotic fantasy fulfillment, this movie is a little lacking. The first gunshot was a perfect hit. The second seemed almost a perfect hit. I would have liked to see at least several more attempts by McGee (Voytek) to strike the that "favorite area" by firing more shots into her, repeatedly failing to hit right on target--resulting in more lower belly shot action.. However, I concede this may not have worked well in this movie because of the particular gunshot sound-effect utilized; the gunshot sounds would have required a sharper "popping" sound to be effective and to retain a continuous flow without overdoing the shooting sequence.

Despite this otherwise exemplary movie's limitations in terms of fantasy fulfillment and gunshot sounds, it is so well-done in all other respects and is so entertaining I feel obligated to give it a high rating. This gem deserves the reputation of a classic as is.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.
CC