Oh,it burns

This forum is devoted to the Superheroine genre as it crosses over into the Peril and Death genres! Come join in on the discussions if you love the Superheroines of our fantasy worlds!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Richpartist
What is your main fetish?: Chloroform and ots carries
Why do you want to join this forum?: Bluestone makes the best videos
Referral: While Blue was on vacation he mentioned this board over at the SUPERHEROINE FORUM at Hypnotics World.

Oh,it burns

Post by Richpartist »

I know this doesnt really belong here but I dont think anyone ever goes over to the tech help section :D Ive been burning dvd's for years and now all of a sudden I cant.I got a new dvd external burner so I guess thats not the problem,everything else is the same(computer,dvd player)I bought a 50 stack of dvd +r double layer and BURNED FAILED,so then I buy another 50 stack of regular dvd+r and BURN SUCCESSFUL but then my dvd player(Sony) wont play it,I get a error message on the device I use Nero video 2017 and a Dell Optiplex 780 computer windows 10,if anyone smarter than me(most of you) can help it would be appreciated :love:
Richpartist
Referral: While Blue was on vacation he mentioned this board over at the SUPERHEROINE FORUM at Hypnotics World.

Re: Oh,it burns

Post by Richpartist »

Anyone...........crickets
Richpartist

Post by Richpartist »

............... :shake: :frown: :cry:
xj900uk
What is your main fetish?: Death fetish especially drowning
Why do you want to join this forum?: So I can chat to people about simulated and depicted death scenes in movies
Referral: Heard about it from a fellow contact

Post by xj900uk »

I haven ' t burnt a CD/DVD for years, Mr Partist. I found them to be veru unreliable as storage devices, they seem to scratch up very easily, or the burning doesn't go well and some files are corrupted, and so forth.
Another problem I encountered early (maybe since corrected) was that most CD's (at leas the chape ones!) you could only burn once, so you had to make sure you had enough files to cover the entire disc or else it would end up with a lot of wasted space.
These days I use an external HD block to do regular downloads from my PC's hard drive, that is far more reliable and (touch wood!) I 've never had any problems with one of those.
rayman
What is your main fetish?: superheroines
Why do you want to join this forum?: To follow Bluestone
Referral: Nicheclips

Post by rayman »

Rich it kind of sounds like everything worked fine until you got the new burner so that would be the obvious faulty component in the process.

Have you always used +R as I know some dvd players are limited on which types of dvd R they will play

Myself I no longer use dvd as a file storage for the same reasons as xj and if I want a downloaded movie on my big screen I put it on a usb stick
Creator of Cobalt+Venom, Swiftstrike+Cobra and Lady Death @ shg-media.com and Titan @ Nicheclips.com
tiberius
What is your main fetish?: Stabbings or shootings (silencer-preferred)
Why do you want to join this forum?: Interested in Darkwing extreme videos mostly.
Also have questions about your current fundraiser.
Referral: Through web searches for Darkwing and/or Wondra, Supernova

Post by tiberius »

I agree with the above. No more CDs. External HDs, or thumb drives (they're large now).

T.
Richpartist

Post by Richpartist »

It wouldnt burn right even with the old burner(which went flying across the room and mysteriously broke) :D Ive used +R for most of the dvd's Ive burned,I mostly burn the videos to watch on the dvd player instead of watching from the computer