POLL: Is it time to retire Jean Blade?

This forum is devoted to the Superheroine genre as it crosses over into the Peril and Death genres! Come join in on the discussions if you love the Superheroines of our fantasy worlds!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Is it time for Agent Jean Blade (played by Yvonne) to be "retired"?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:52 am

Yes - One more story, defeated by some method that confirms final death, as with Danica in "White Angel 15"
52%
Yes - Move on with other characters and have her be mentioned as "missing: presumed killed"
12%
No - Bring her back as a White Angel
32%
No - Bring her back as a villainess
4%

Total votes: 25

SSkykingDA
What is your main fetish?: Strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: To stay abreast of what is being offered and identify videos that I want to see.
Referral: I really don't recall how I originally found this but probably part of a google search for specific content.

POLL: Is it time to retire Jean Blade?

Post by SSkykingDA »

Some may view this as a sacrilege, and please understand it's not about the actress, but I wonder if the poor sales of "White Angel 32" might have more to do with the character going stale than the content itself. I felt as if the descent of Jean into her obsession with being defeated peaked in "White Angel 25", which was her 6th appearance as a White Angel. To that point, only Danica had done more, and her 7th ended with her being permanently dispatched by being stabbed with the "Sword of Death". "White Angel 32" was Yvonne's 8th appearance, with she and Danica accounting for 15 of the existing 32 episodes.

Personally, I'd like to either see the character finally lose for good (see WA15), OR perhaps go rogue and become the villainess as she did briefly (and very hotly) in "White Angel 23". Barring watching her strangling many sexy White Angels, I'd rather see her ride into the sunset and allow Yvonne to focus on giving us many more of her wonderful "Darkwing" performances.

The "Sword of Death" has already been used, but alternative ways of ending her could include her initial defeat being followed by an injection that reverses her powers, telling her that when she's strangled this time, she won't be able to come back. Another alternative would be to use the self-constricting garrote on her and as she's dying, telling her that she will be buried with it left constricted, so she won't come back. By whatever method, when she does make her final appearance in the role, I'd love to see her sent-off with her final death confirmed.

What say you? :D
Ryu123
Why do you want to join this forum?: Amazing superheroine videos
Referral: Google

Re: POLL: Is it time to retire Jean Blade?

Post by Ryu123 »

That's an interesting question and personally I think that depends on how it affects Yvonne's future appearance.

She is one of my favourite actresses and the best at doing squirt element in my opinion. But I prefer her playing Darkwing.

So if Jean Blade's retirement means more Darkwing then yes please, but if that means we can only see Yvonne in SYCC, then no.
SSkykingDA
Why do you want to join this forum?: To stay abreast of what is being offered and identify videos that I want to see.
Referral: I really don't recall how I originally found this but probably part of a google search for specific content.

Post by SSkykingDA »

Ryu123 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:35 pm That's an interesting question and personally I think that depends on how it affects Yvonne's future appearance.

She is one of my favourite actresses and the best at doing squirt element in my opinion. But I prefer her playing Darkwing.

So if Jean Blade's retirement means more Darkwing then yes please, but if that means we can only see Yvonne in SYCC, then no.
As I said, I'd rather she focused on bringing us more Darkwing.
Whiteknight
What is your main fetish?: I have always been a fan of superheroines in distress situations mostly when they are their backs.
Why do you want to join this forum?: After buying these videos for years and contributing to a custom earlier this month I finally wished to take part in the discussion on this board.
Referral: I found the site quite by accident years ago while searching for other superheroine sites.

Post by Whiteknight »

As good as the character has been over the years I think it is time to pass the torch of white angle to a new actress. However, I agree that I would like to see her come back as Darkwing maybe working side by side with a Teenbat. :ybat:
Falleen
What is your main fetish?: consensual erotic death and strangulation.
Why do you want to join this forum?: to view previews, purchase, and even contribute to films.
Referral: through deadskirts forum

Post by Falleen »

To use your metaphor of "staleness", I think this was the main problem with WA32. As many know, I'm a person who almost exclusively buys the movies with the orgasm element. But something felt "stale" about WA32 - it just lacked the passion and vigour of some of the other releases.

The problem wasn't with the idea of Yvonne orgasming at her demise - but how it was shown. She only had one breast exposed, and flopped around like a dying fish. Contrast that with with her appearance of WA19, with her back arching passionately. Or, another comparison would be Nadia in the first Athena. Her moans, expressions, and body posture were astounding. I think that if we got that in WA32, the movie would have sold much better. As a person who loves the squirting element, I think WA32 was "okay".

And, as I've said before, I think the heroine's attitude toward cumming could have been different. Rather than having a babe who is reluctant to experience pleasure, either Jean Blade or another heroine could seek the thrill of orgasming while being defeated. Even taunt the villain to do things to her. I think there could have been so many other ways to show this hot element. For these reasons, my personal opinion is that stopping the element from being a focus of some scripts is a mistake.
SSkykingDA

Post by SSkykingDA »

Falleen wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:25 am To use your metaphor of "staleness", I think this was the main problem with WA32. As many know, I'm a person who almost exclusively buys the movies with the orgasm element. But something felt "stale" about WA32 - it just lacked the passion and vigour of some of the other releases.

The problem wasn't with the idea of Yvonne orgasming at her demise - but how it was shown. She only had one breast exposed, and flopped around like a dying fish. Contrast that with with her appearance of WA19, with her back arching passionately. Or, another comparison would be Nadia in the first Athena. Her moans, expressions, and body posture were astounding. I think that if we got that in WA32, the movie would have sold much better. As a person who loves the squirting element, I think WA32 was "okay".

And, as I've said before, I think the heroine's attitude toward cumming could have been different. Rather than having a babe who is reluctant to experience pleasure, either Jean Blade or another heroine could seek the thrill of orgasming while being defeated. Even taunt the villain to do things to her. I think there could have been so many other ways to show this hot element. For these reasons, my personal opinion is that stopping the element from being a focus of some scripts is a mistake.
I agree with your critique of her performance in this one, and I feel like White Angels 19,23, & 25 represent the pinnacle of her performances as a White Angel and with those three, she's gotten everything she's going to get out of the role short of a sexy final demise. I'd love to see her go out in despair, with her inner voice perhaps recounting her past victories and unable to accept that it's all coming to an end. To see her so demoralized that she's reduced to desperately pleading with X to let her live. Maybe her last words (inner voice) could be about feeling the orgasm coming and knowing that this will be the last one she ever feels. The powerful, sexy, and confident Jean Blade reduced to a lifeless corpse as X looks down at her and instructs his henchmen to "Toss her body in the dumpster with the rest of the trash."
read the comics

Post by read the comics »

SSkykingDA wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:52 am Some may view this as a sacrilege, and please understand it's not about the actress, but I wonder if the poor sales of "White Angel 32" might have more to do with the character going stale than the content itself. I felt as if the descent of Jean into her obsession with being defeated peaked in "White Angel 25", which was her 6th appearance as a White Angel. To that point, only Danica had done more, and her 7th ended with her being permanently dispatched by being stabbed with the "Sword of Death". "White Angel 32" was Yvonne's 8th appearance, with she and Danica accounting for 15 of the existing 32 episodes.

Personally, I'd like to either see the character finally lose for good (see WA15), OR perhaps go rogue and become the villainess as she did briefly (and very hotly) in "White Angel 23". Barring watching her strangling many sexy White Angels, I'd rather see her ride into the sunset and allow Yvonne to focus on giving us many more of her wonderful "Darkwing" performances.

The "Sword of Death" has already been used, but alternative ways of ending her could include her initial defeat being followed by an injection that reverses her powers, telling her that when she's strangled this time, she won't be able to come back. Another alternative would be to use the self-constricting garrote on her and as she's dying, telling her that she will be buried with it left constricted, so she won't come back. By whatever method, when she does make her final appearance in the role, I'd love to see her sent-off with her final death confirmed.

What? Yvonne is REALLY popular. It was the content.
Director B
What is your main fetish?: guess
Why do you want to join this forum?: promote
Referral: Bluestone

Post by Director B »

SSkykingDA wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:52 am Some may view this as a sacrilege, and please understand it's not about the actress, but I wonder if the poor sales of "White Angel 32" might have more to do with the character going stale than the content itself. I felt as if the descent of Jean into her obsession with being defeated peaked in "White Angel 25", which was her 6th appearance as a White Angel. To that point, only Danica had done more, and her 7th ended with her being permanently dispatched by being stabbed with the "Sword of Death". "White Angel 32" was Yvonne's 8th appearance, with she and Danica accounting for 15 of the existing 32 episodes.

Well, Danica's character agent Reese didn't die. She was only killed in the extreme version. In the peril version, she killed one of the Dark Masters and set Jean Blade free. The story always continues from the peril version. So as far as we are concerned, agent Reese is still out there fighting against Remo. You can buy the upscaled version of WA 15 on the website, the peril and Extreme versions. There's no point in killing off Jean Blade for good because Yvonna has a considerable fan base, and we have said time and time again it costs more to have two actresses rather than M vs F. So because of pirates and people sharing our content; the budget has reduced considerably, that way we do more M vs F shoots.
Attachments
Behind the scenes Danica still 1 copy.jpg
Behind the scenes Danica still 1 copy.jpg (466.72 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
White Angel 15 Collector's Edition copy.jpg
White Angel 15 Collector's Edition copy.jpg (529.29 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
WA 15 2a.jpg
WA 15 2a.jpg (580.95 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Fordo007
What is your main fetish?: strangling, uniforms,
Why do you want to join this forum?: community of people with similar interests
Referral: browsing online

Post by Fordo007 »

I get the 'extreme' endings being non canon as a way to explain the characters still showing up... but as more and more actresses don't return... instead of constantly explaining recasts or characters just vanish and are never seen again... I'd think it'd be a lot more naratively satisfying if characters whose actresses leave are said to have died for good in the last extreme ending for their last video.

it makes rewatching that video have more narrative weight now and if it's a character I like and I haven't bought the video for it... finding out it was their definitive death would motivate me to go and buy it just to see the closure for it all.

I'd much rather a character be declared dead than just disappear or wait to reappear again if the actress doesn't come back.
Joe2

Post by Joe2 »

Well the name is a reference to James Bond, and what they did do with him the last 60 years?