PKF Club---Ideas and Feedback Please

This is where updates from our community producers are posted. Bluestone's Silk Videos is just one of about 20 producers who advertise regularly on FF!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

JohnM

PKF Club---Ideas and Feedback Please

Post by JohnM »

I am thinking of ways to entice some of you to join my Patreon or an alternative way through Gumroad.

Monthly membership could really help with keeping a base income that I can rely on month to month to maintain the studio.

Currently, several folks use one of the "Tier" group memberships on Patreon, as an alternative way to purchase movies while allowing for a small donation to help.

My proposal is a special membership, for say....$20/month, that gives you bonuses when available.

Some of the things I am thinking about is:

--Special extended or bonus scene versions from movies.

--Special version of movies---like when I "Cartoon" them.

--Upgrades, whenever I release a movie that in an updated version.

--Access to beta and pre-release versions future projects that I am working on (like 3D movies, Games, etc.)

--Access to a special hidden forum where I can answer special questions or where there could be gossip about models, actors....etc.

So, I would like your feedback about this. You thoughts. Cost?

Thanks,
JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
noescape123
What is your main fetish?: stab
Why do you want to join this forum?: see movies
Referral: google

Re: PKF Club---Ideas and Feedback Please

Post by noescape123 »

I would advise you to consider uploading more variations. Your uploads are 80% strangling. I think you've lost a lot of customers from the past who just liked variations and not just only strangling. Do you think that those customers that liked your other categories apply for a monthly membership for 80% strangle? I don’t think so.

Your competition is very high right now, you should focus on that and not pass on monthly costs to customers.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

noescape123 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:15 am I would advise you to consider uploading more variations. Your uploads are 80% strangling. I think you've lost a lot of customers from the past who just liked variations and not just only strangling. Do you think that those customers that liked your other categories apply for a monthly membership for 80% strangle? I don’t think so.

Your competition is very high right now, you should focus on that and not pass on monthly costs to customers.
My movies are customs. So your peers dictate what I shoot.

Thanks,
JohnM

merlin1
What is your main fetish?: boots
Why do you want to join this forum?: cool
Referral: internet

Post by merlin1 »

i like tongue out scenes, maybe you can choose wich to buy with or without.....
CtrlAltElite
What is your main fetish?: belly stabbing/shooting
Why do you want to join this forum?: pics/vids
Referral: google

Post by CtrlAltElite »

You say that your films are custom only and that the peers dictate what's filmed. It's odd that last time I attempted a shooting or stabbing custom you quoted me a crazy high price and stated that your male actor has a blood phobia. I have inquired about several customs with blood recently and am always met with quotes that I can only assume you have made up to make me go away. PKF used to be the number one shooting and stabbing production and I agree with the above posters sentiment. I would join a patreon if there were more variety like the older days of PKF. I think it's obvious that strangle films are mainstream and that they're cheaper to make, but then what makes you different from any of the other 100s of stores making more strangles? Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

CtrlAltElite,

If I offended you with my quote, I am terribly sorry. I always quote what I feel it will cost me to make. But I am human, so if I sound grumpy, in correspondence it is not my intention.

As far as how my productions have changed over the years. Yes. There have been several eras. I did the most blood when I had studios. It is harder now, because I don't have permanent locations. And when I rent for day use on a location that is not mine, I have to be careful. And one of the locations has no shower.

The actor is blood phobia is on probably permanent hiatus, so don't have to worry about that anymore.

As far as what sells. Shootings and stabbings sell just as well as stranglings and hanging. But, because shootings and stabbings usually take more than one production slot, I have to wait for customs. However, I have several bloody movies that I have not released as well as 2-3 other scheduled to be produced in November.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback.

JohnM

xj900uk
What is your main fetish?: Death fetish especially drowning
Why do you want to join this forum?: So I can chat to people about simulated and depicted death scenes in movies
Referral: Heard about it from a fellow contact

Post by xj900uk »

Mr John Marshall, it may not be appropriate to bring this back up, but how about the old argument of you making some 'R'-rated material instead of XXX stuff? Or how about even do two versions of the same movie/scenario, one XXX-rated for those customers who prefer the more extreme sexual elements, and an accompanying 'R'-version for those customers who would prefer to see something more mainstream?
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

xj900uk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:39 am Mr John Marshall, it may not be appropriate to bring this back up, but how about the old argument of you making some 'R'-rated material instead of XXX stuff? Or how about even do two versions of the same movie/scenario, one XXX-rated for those customers who prefer the more extreme sexual elements, and an accompanying 'R'-version for those customers who would prefer to see something more mainstream?
I really love that idea. In practicality it is hard to do at production because, aside from a creator, I am also an employer and must make sure I can pay everyone. And, while I have done the occasional vanity project---I am a fan of Cunningham, Craven, Raimi, Kubrick and others, I still shoot hardcore at least at the end because of contractual obligations of the production.

But, have done some vanity edits, where I have done r-rated cuts, and given them new color grading and full soundtracks. None of those have sold, though. But, I will still pursue them as I have time. Recently, I did a cartoon version of one of my movies that turned out great. And I would love to do more of those. Only one sold. $16 for many hours of roto work and masking...but I still stand by the work and hope, one day, I will be able to market those types of versions to enough people to make it worth while. I think I just need to find that audience.

Thanks for the input.

I put a poll up on my forum (accessible to guests) that relates to this topic: https://pkfstudios.com/pfkforum/index.p ... 9#msg22159

JohnM