Android Devices- to play wmv, avi, etc

Here is where you will find plain-language instructions for how to use all of Femme Fatalities' features. Plus it is a place to post any tech questions you need answered. Computer-savvy members, please visit this forum regularly to see if there are any fellow members who need help.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Android Devices- to play wmv, avi, etc

Post by Den-CnB »

My wife got several android devices, her latest is a Kindle Fire. She kept getting them but found the 'cloud' didn't support it so she purchased another until now she has 3. After waiting a few months she asked me why the 'cloud' doesn't connect to them. Btw, she is 'very computer literate' or at least used computers at work and home for almost 20 years. At any rate, I put the code in for our home wi fi and they magically worked.

In setting them up I found I rather liked them and checked out my site and others. I noted they will play videos on Templar's site (YouTube type) but not wmv, avi, mpg, and so on that is on my site. I have a super fast connection so I could play them directly. I found a Google player that said it would play anything but couldn't play these videos.

Question, do you know of any program(s) you have used that will play them. Google lists several but if someone has practical experience with one and it works I would be interested.

Dennis

Added: I am finding out there are so many of these devices that it appears that one has to find a video player for each specific one or so it seems, unless someone else has one that works - This is new to me and I am just starting to learn so anyone who has one knows more than me.
Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Re: Android Devices- to play wmv, avi, etc

Post by Nyghtfall »

I use an app called ArcMedia for my T-Mobile myTouch. It plays a variety a different video formats including WMV and MPEG, and is available for free from Android.
Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Post by Den-CnB »

Thanks, I will check it out!

Dennis
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Here is a topic that may be of interest:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2091769

FF is running Version BB3, so there are applications that will allow you a mobile view of this site.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com