All Advertisers please read!

This is where updates from our community producers are posted. Bluestone's Silk Videos is just one of about 20 producers who advertise regularly on FF!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

All Advertisers please read!

Post by Bluestone »

Time for a refresher course on FF advertising as well as a variation on a theme!

One of the rules of advertising here is that every advertiser is limited to posting updates on one thread at a time, such as "ABC Video Updates!" There is a good reason for this, since it allows all 15 advertisers (and we hope to add more) to have their update threads appear in the top 20 threads of this forum. If one advertiser was to post multiple threads, they would in effect be dominating the board, and this would be unfair to the other advertisers. Thus, the one-thread rule.

Now, some advertisers feel that when these update threads get too long that their most recent updates get harder and harder to find. The solution to this problem is quite easy. If you feel that your update thread is getting too long, simply email me at DDGBluestone@hotmail.com or pmail one of the moderators, and we will lock your current thread. Once your current update thread is locked, you can simply start a new update thread. The locked thread will slip down the page as other advertisers update their threads. So, at most, you'll have two threads in the top 20 for a short period of time. Now, you can ask us to lock your threads as often as you want, but not more often then weekly. In this way, your most recent updates will always be very easy to find.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Bluestone
Site Admin

Re: All Advertisers please read!

Post by Bluestone »

Hi Eve,

Yes, that's right! Then, if you want to start a new thread for the following week, just let us know and we'll lock the previous thread.

By the way, why we lock the thread is not so much that we think the advertiser is going to post on both threads, but because any customer's comment on that old thread will bring the old thread back to the top. That's why I have locked all of the old update topics. They can still be read, but further posts can't be made. If I hadn't done that, a well-meaning fan could have commented on 10 previous "ABC Video Update" threads and suddenly the top 10 threads would all relate to the same advertising producer. Make sense?

I am trying to find a way to allow advertisers to lock their own threads. I will announce that here, if I find a way of doing that :D

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Success, I believe, if one of the advertisers will kindly test this for me. All advertisers should now be able to lock their own posts (as well as edit their own posts) on this forum only. If you want to test out this function in order to lock your existing update post so that you can start a new one, simply let me know (by posting here) that the function works. If so, advertisers will only have to contact me or the mods, if you need help with this of any other board function. Sound good?

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
SirBruce
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Stabbing, Shooting, Impaling, Strangling, Hanging Beautiful women.
Why do you want to join this forum?: Already a member but I have like minded interests in fantasy female demise.
Referral: Been around for a long time.

Post by SirBruce »

Hello Blue,

Is there a special protocol to be able to post new material for my store? I don't want to step on any toes. If it's visible and I missed it I apologize.

Best,
Sir Bruce
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hey Sir Bruce,

Email me at DDGBluestone@hotmail.com and I'll tell you how you can get set up as a permitted advertiser on FF.

Long time, no talk. Hope all is well with you and your site :D

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Advertisers have had the ability to lock their old topics themselves for some time now, but several are not doing so. When you want to start a new thread, here is what you do:

1. Click on your existing advertising thread and scroll to the bottom. You will see a dropdown menu and the default action is 'lock topic'. (See pic below.) Simply hit the "Go" button to lock the thread;

2. Start your new thread using 'New Topic' from the main screen of the Producers' Advertising forum.

Now, is that easy, or what?

Blue
Attachments
Lock Topic.jpg
Lock Topic.jpg (5.05 KiB) Viewed 66466 times

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Pennpaul
What is your main fetish?: Video internet female/male death scenes
Why do you want to join this forum?: Mr Bluestone invited me
Referral: Email from Mr Bluestone

Post by Pennpaul »

Hey Blue, have you ever considered restricting an advertiser to a single topic per update thread?? I have seen several that merely add their next update to the same thread to keep it going??

4P
Pennpaul
PMS Productions
Horror Variety Theater
member of Perfectshots.com
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Pennpaul wrote:Hey Blue, have you ever considered restricting an advertiser to a single topic per update thread?? I have seen several that merely add their next update to the same thread to keep it going??

4P

Either method is acceptable, 4P. As long as there is only one active thread per producer at a time, producers can either put several releases on that one thread or start a separate thread for each release. It's not the quantity of advertising on a thread that matters, we just want to ensure that all advertisers have ads appearing on the first page of the forum without having a few super active producers dominating the forum with many releases a week.

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Pennpaul

Post by Pennpaul »

Outstanding. Thx for quickie

4P
Pennpaul
PMS Productions
Horror Variety Theater
Pennpaul

Post by Pennpaul »

Comment:

Locking merely prevents comments and interaction. It does not prevent a producer from "flooding" the board, so long as he locks each posting.

IMHO
Pennpaul
PMS Productions
Horror Variety Theater
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Pennpaul wrote:Comment:

Locking merely prevents comments and interaction. It does not prevent a producer from "flooding" the board, so long as he locks each posting.

IMHO
Locking prevents a producer from bumping their previous posts, and locked posts will naturally be dropped down the page in favour of newer and unlocked posts. Not to worry, Penn. The system works. On DS, unless a producer bumps his or her ads, they drop off the first page very quickly. The PS system separates each producer into their own sub-forum which forces customers to visit each one to see what's new, so many ads are simply never viewed, whereas when they are all posted on one forum, an interesting subject line may catch a viewer's eye.

I thought long and hard about the format of this forum in order to give all producers good visibility here. Suggestions for improvement are always welcomed, but they would have to convince me that suggested changes would benefit all producers before I will institute them. :D

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Pennpaul

Post by Pennpaul »

Haven't looked recently to see if an active post has slipped off the pages. Sometime in the past I did notice this.

Suggestion
Since locking a post triggers some element in the process, a system sort that moves all active posts to the top of first page, [forcing locked topics to recede more rapidly], would be an interesting improvement.

Just a suggestion for the sophistcated board management committee.

4P
Pennpaul
PMS Productions
Horror Variety Theater
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

I'll take a look and see what would be involved, but I'm not sure that I see a clear benefit. Any active threads that do fall off the first page have been there for quite some time. "Dark Sites" doesn't update too often, but their active thread on Page 2 does have 826 views. So it did get sufficient advertising time on Page 1 of the forum.

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Pennpaul

Post by Pennpaul »

Thx

LOL

4p
Pennpaul
PMS Productions
Horror Variety Theater
Hanghu
What is your main fetish?: female wet themselves during executions.
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like to share my fetish novels to like-minded person.
I also want to sell my productions.
Referral: http://www.deadskirts.com

Post by Hanghu »

Hi Blue,
I`m the producer, but I don`t have a site.
Can I advertise here? How to be allowed?

Sir Hanghu