Membership access

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

jafa

Re: Membership access

Post by jafa »

That is a very good question, Glock. I am sure that the Administration has an answer.

After encountering on another site a frustrating qualifier screen that negates bots, I wonder if its time has come for sites like femmfatalities
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy;
if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

I was hoping that G-Man would answer this one. I suspect that the bots registered when the site first opened and memberships were not being manually set up as they are now. I don't see a problem with the bots, since they drive qualifying traffic to FF through their search engines. If anyone else has an opinion or more knowledge of this subject, please feel free to enlighten us all :D

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
BrianTK
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: Like all kinds of death scenes
Why do you want to join this forum?: Long Time Friend of G-Man
Referral: Founder Member

Post by BrianTK »

Phpbb message boards come with accounts pre-installed for all the major SE bots. These accounts allow the search engines to easily spider the board. They can be deactivated in the admin control panel.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Thanks, BrianTK.

So, are these bots an advantage or disadvantage for a message board such as FF?

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Bluestone wrote:Thanks, BrianTK.

So, are these bots an advantage or disadvantage for a message board such as FF?

Blue
Well, I have had code in my website and message-board for years that disables bots. It is called the "robots.txt". I just go under the assumption that I only want to attract members of this community. I try to fly under the radar and try to do nothing on purpose to attract outside onlookers.

Based on over all community size and the possible attraction of unwanted attention and, even worse, minors---that they should probably be disabled.

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

BrianTK,

Why don't we take JohnM's advice on this and go ahead and disable these bots. I'm sure that those with the fetish will still be able to find us.

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
BrianTK
Site Admin

Post by BrianTK »

Bluestone wrote:BrianTK,

Why don't we take JohnM's advice on this and go ahead and disable these bots. I'm sure that those with the fetish will still be able to find us.

Blue
Disabling the bots will just keep them from visiting the board in the future. Adding a robots.txt file like JohnM mentioned should remove the site from the search engines completely. I can do either one.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hi BrianTK,

Just disable the bots. We still want to make it possible for like-minded individuals to find us. We just don't want to feel that we're under some kind of Big Brother scrutiny.

Blue

(P.S. Yes, we could have done this by private email exchange, but I prefer to be open and transparent as to how this board is operated. A member's concern has been considered and addressed while keeping all other members in the loop.)

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
BrianTK
Site Admin

Post by BrianTK »

I just disabled all the bot accounts on the board. I went to the front page and noticed that currently Ask Jeeves and Google are both spidering the board. If this is still happening tomorrow I can add a robots.txt file that just blocks the board and not the rest of the site.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hi BrianTK,

That sounds like a great idea! Since like-minded individuals can still find the FF front door and access the board through it, we might as well add the robots.txt file for this message board.

Thanks Brian for all of your help! Many members do not realize that you are always working behind the scenes, quietly and without any fanfare, to ensure that this board continues to run smoothly. Your contribution is very much appreciated, Brian :clap:

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com