Early Forms of Stimuli

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Indrid Cold

Early Forms of Stimuli

Post by Indrid Cold »

I'm sure must of us developed this fetish at a time when our access to relevant media was at a premium. In the early days of my fetish (mid to late 80s) there was no internet, and though I had access to television, movies were scarce on basic cable. While I would encounter the occasional titillating scene from a late night movie or TV series episode (I remember being turned on by something as simple and non-graphic as a woman going over a hill in her car in an old Perry Mason episode), I gleaned most of my stimuli from images found in comic books, magazines, video game covers and other less conventional sources. In these days, I didn't so much seek out material to stimulate me as much as I happened to come across images that stimulated me.

Perhaps the first image I really fixated on, was one I discovered while browsing through the family copy of the 1986 Guinness World Book of Records. (This was shortly before I learned how to read, so all I could do was look at the incredible and fascinating pictures.) Featured on one page was a black and white picture of a rather beautiful woman clad in a scanty, extremely elegant costume, Asian/Middle-Eastern in style, which appeared to be made of thin metal chains or mesh. (I would later learn that this was the record holder for world's tiniest dress.) This image stimulated me sexually like nothing had before, and I instantly started fantasizing about her being shot and stabbed. I took a blue pen (couldn't find any red!) and drew crude shapes and lines that represented wounds and blood. Years later, I tore out and disposed of the page that featured this picture for fear that my mother would discover my "embellishment" of the image and question it. I've tried to track down the image ever since, to see if I would still find it as sexy and stimulating as I did at a tender and impressionable age, but my efforts have been vain.

Later on, another image that provided me with much stimulation and fantasy fodder was this cover to the Nintendo game "Gauntlet", a game I received when I was about 8. I recall fantasizing many times about "Thyra" (the female warrior) being felled in battle by getting stabbed with a sword through her midsection or struck with arrows through her breast and body.

In these early days, one of the few images I had that actually depicted a female death, came from a rather unlikely source - the Mad Magazine board game. One of the playing cards that came with the game illustrated a Western saloon being shot up by a gunman. Prominently displayed was a cartoonish but very sexy cowgirl whose body was riddled with bullet holes and shot streams going straight through her body. Though it was intended to be humorous, the image was just about the sexiest illustration of a female death I had seen to this point in my life. As I recall, she had one of those wide-eyed, cartoony looks of surprise on her face, which imbued the image with that much more eroticism.

What are some of your earliest memories of fantasy stimulation in visual media?
Seek not a leader lest you find a master. Lead thyself.
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Re: Early Forms of Stimuli

Post by Bluestone »

For me, comic books were a huge source of material for me. Once I learned about the early pre-code comics, such as the EC crime comics and the very common bondage and damsel in distress covers of the 40's, I sought them out. I developed a huge collection, and then enjoyed when the newer material, such as Marvel's Conan the Barbarian hit the shelves. The comics were relatively tame up until that time, but Conan was pre-dated by magazines such as Creepy that weren't controlled (read 'gutted') by the Comics Code, and featured excellent artists such as Neal Adams. A sample of one of the Creepy images that stimulated my young mind is reproduced below.

Blue
Attachments
A Curse of Claws - combined.jpg
A Curse of Claws - combined.jpg (794.33 KiB) Viewed 21886 times
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold »

I have a few of the old Eerie and Creepy comics.
eyes110

Post by eyes110 »

early movies (did not have to be horror) with chicks wearing dark eyeshadow :) also chicks wearing tight pants. then i noticed that i got really turned on during any death scene where a fem died with her eyes and mouth wide open or sum variation thereof, particularly strangles.

the pulp-type comics of years ago kept it going, there were so many where fems were killed in them. i used to have sum of the Creepy and Eerie comix too. i had one tho, dam if i cant remember the name (might have been Weird Tales?) were this guy dumps a can of rat poison down his nagging wifes throat then dissolves her in the bathtub. the graphics of the lady were superhot (ass cheeks hanging out from her nightie and nips really poking out). i cannot find the original anywhere but i have a friend who will be recreating the entire comic using poser from my memory. it will be awhile but it should be hot when done, he does great work.
Algenon5
What is your main fetish?: old shoes
Why do you want to join this forum?: bored
Referral: Ad in The Watch Tower

Post by Algenon5 »

An early form of stimulation for me was the original
Black Cat comics, which were the perilous adventures
of a hottie who frequently got into deathtrap situations
that often involved various types of bondage. (yum!)
Sadly, to remember her you have to be old enough
to fart dust.
Attachments
7064761_1.jpg
7064761_1.jpg (129.14 KiB) Viewed 21792 times
blackcat21.jpg
blackcat21.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 21792 times
BlackCat_HarveyComics.jpg
BlackCat_HarveyComics.jpg (97.8 KiB) Viewed 21792 times
BlCa_30_RC.jpg
BlCa_30_RC.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 21792 times
MINISTRY OF CULTURE APPROVED
Rusk is my hero
What is your main fetish?: This would be strangulation with a ligature.
Why do you want to join this forum?: To hear what other people with similar interests say. To be made aware of new films. To be in touch with a community.
Referral: I think I was first aware through Necrobabes years ago; lately Bluestone's Silk videos reminded me of the site and offered some access.

Post by Rusk is my hero »

For me, if I remember correctly (and it was a long, long time ago) it was women being killed in films / TV series that disturbed me in a guilty, pleasurable way. Secondly, while looking with my mates for second-hand war comics in a dealer, coming across the True Detective magazines. Semi-clad women about to be / being / having been strangled just blew me away. Although that cannot be entirely right; the best detective covers were late 60s/early 70s and I am talking about the late 50s. Perhaps there was just enough.
Comics seemed to pass me by - maybe we didn't have the same exposure in the UK. I loved Supergirl's legs but that was different. Having said that however, I seem to recall a comic with a space-age private eye; his secretary / female client or both were under threat or possibly murdered. I remember reading it face down on my bed and feeling a reaction down below.
The very first TV murder I specifically recall in this context was in the Rupert Davies series of Maigret from 1960 - "Maigret in Montmartre". A stripper (April Olrich, thank you IMDB) is strangled in her apartment. The blonde comes in, sits down in a chair exhausted and kick off her shoes. A figure comes up behind her and wraps his big hand around her throat. I made sure I watched detective / thriller shows after that. Anybody in the UK remember that series?
By the way, April Olrich was one of those British actresses who seemed to get bumped off regularly. I think she was also strangled in The Avengers, with a stocking this time, much better but off-screen. Jennifer Jayne was another regular victim.
Steph
What is your main fetish?: Female erotic death preferably by shooting
Why do you want to join this forum?: PP and The Female Assassin gone. Perfect Shots quiet. Refuse to be insulted by Geno again!
Referral: Through Bluestone purchases (indirect!).

Post by Steph »

Back in 1953 the BBC showed a spy adventure in four or six episodes. The two heroes were silly - I remember a car chase where they drove several times around a roundabout before shooting off on to a side road. But what really caught me was the heroine who was apparently shot and killed in the first episode but appeared in evening dress with a pistol in the final episode. She'd solved the case while the two men distracted the villainous enemy.

This is one of my few memories from the age of three and a bit. From that I deduce it had significance far beyond the norm for me. I was already into the dressing up box so I can't blame it for my love of glamorous clothes, but then I don't need to justify that! But I do think it was significant for my female death fetish (and possibly a for touch of feminism and my female assassin interest!)

When I was seven I dressed up as a saloon gal to be shot in a story I made up based on 'Gunsmoke' episode. I dressed up to play act my death for some years, and then at about twelve or thirteen such a scenario gave me my first orgasm. But I was nearly thirty by the time I'd trained the boss to kill and ravish me (or vice-versa). It was fairly obvious that it wasn't something to talk about generally although I've never regretted sharing it with him.
That's Lady Hearne to you!
Algenon5

Post by Algenon5 »

After posting the Black Cat posters, I remembered another
major childhood turn-on, the Jo-Jo comics. A glance at the
attached covers should be enough to explain why.

Al
Attachments
jo-jo.jpg
jo-jo.jpg (494.42 KiB) Viewed 21734 times
Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold »

I can see how Black cat and Jo-Jo excited you, growing up! Did either of them ever actually meet their demise?
slasherdude9999

Post by slasherdude9999 »

Thank you for posting this topic :P The magic of this fetish has gone out of the world for me for a number of reasons:
1 material in all media forms is more plentiful so finding something just takes a little effort and doesn't feel like discovering the holy grail anymore
2 an analogy that video killed the radio star (not that I'm complaining because I'm visually oriented and like to see AND hear the stars die rather than just hear :P) but it is a sad thing because no matter how well the form of media portrays a fetish death, the best death dramas always happened inside my head. I used to have very little to work with and my imagination would run away with it.
3 I am old(er) :P

That being said, a trip down memory lane is always welcome because those times of nostalgia are irreplaceable even if I can't quite bring them up consciously anymore because they are decades ago.

During my preteen-teenage years when the hormones were raging, I found myself looking for stimulation in almost anything that could present it. I would look through the pages of TV guide, complile lists of movies I already knew had death scenes that appealed to me. Quickly tiring of watching the whole movie for only the highlights, I got the idea to compile a vcr tape of scenes (hardly unique I know but as far as I knew I was the only one with this perversion in the entire world at the time so I felt correspondingly like a trail blazer) and would plan my day around said movies if they happened to be on. It wasn't too hard to catch them because most of them were late night. I remember when my parents would turn off the heat downstairs at night to conserve money and I would sneak down wearing double layers and triple socks (stealth was important so no shoes) and would watch the program with volume muted and with finger over the record on the remote, estimating for the five second delay to start capturing another thirty seconds to three minutes of my ultimate goal.
But movies didn't come on all the time and I was left with tons of downtime. I would read and look for articles. I'm not an expert on mythology and history, but I'm more learned than quite a few of my peers. I especially remember somehow getting/being gifted with a book on greek mythology and reading the whole thing through in a day, being somewhat disappointed that the plot to Hercules (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085672/) was woefully inaccurate, though I found a number of other things to titillate my interest.
Even during the 70's and 80's I found the wells to run dry more often than I would have liked them to. I resorted to comic books and video games and yes Indrid! I had many fantasies about Thyra too! Though the version of the game I got had her wearing a chainmail bikini :P I found comics to be somewhat more liberal in their depiction of female death.
I remember an issue of Conan in which one of the characters recounts one of the past plotlines in which Conan got entangled with a princess who had a handmaiden named vateesa, long story short she tried to seduce conan who wasn't having any of it, then tried to kill him, was thwarted and *drumroll* killed herself by falling on her own sword which was depicted. I remember staring at that scene for many minutes with inappropriate thoughts (by my time's standard) going through my head. But sadly as she fell on the sword her long blond hair fell over her face. I had wanted to see the expression she had as she died of her mortal wound.
Then it dawned on me that I could. I got tracing paper and copied everything except her head which I used my feeble artistic skills to tilt a little upwards, sweep the hair out of her face and there it was, a look of agony and disappointment as I felt the situation warranted.
I do not profess to have anywhere close to the true skills of the real artists of this community but over the next two years I amassed quite a collection. I guess it was a very primative version of photoshop (without the computer). I had a couple swords and daggers copied as master images. Each one was a different size and at a different angle. I would thumb through various images to see where I could "stick" the blade in. I cannot repost anything because 1 I do not have a scanner and 2 they are still at my family house and my family and I are not on speaking terms anymore. I still wonder if my father and mother discovered my little cache :P doesn't really matter if they did I guess :)
Well that little bit of nostalgia was interesting for me if no one else :) Thanks to everyone who made it this far in reading and thank you Indrid for sparking my fading memory :) Included is a picture for you :)
Attachments
Valkryie is about to die!
Valkryie is about to die!
red.jpg (13.84 KiB) Viewed 21691 times
The thing you need to know about knives is they are easy to conceal, they make no noise, and you never run out of bullets...
Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold »

slasherdude9999 wrote:material in all media forms is more plentiful so finding something just takes a little effort and doesn't feel like discovering the holy grail anymore
I know what you mean. Much of the excitement of the "hunt" is gone now that so much material and information is readily available with just a few clicks of buttons. Before the internet, I had to peruse the weekly television programming guide and tag movie titles and TV shows that I thought might feature a scene of interest. Sometimes - and this still happens occasionally - I would stumble upon a great death scene in a movie or TV show. (This was usually how I found the best scenes.) Too often, I wasn't quick enough or to record the scene on my VCR or I was in a room I couldn't record it, and unless it was a movie or TV show that was available at a local video retailer, I would have to wait until it aired again on TV. This could be a few days, a few months, or even years. But the excitement I felt when I looked in the programming guide and finally saw the title of interest listed for an upcoming airing, was unparalleled. Now, it seems just about any movie or TV show can be found on YouTube. And if that fails, the movie or show of interest probably can be ordered online. However, there still are a few scenes I never have been able to track down, and that keeps the "thrill of the hunt" alive.
Algenon5

Post by Algenon5 »

Indrid Cold wrote:I can see how Black cat and Jo-Jo excited you, growing up! Did either of them ever actually meet their demise?
No. If they had it would have been the end of each comic.

Al
Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold »

Algenon5 wrote:
Indrid Cold wrote:I can see how Black cat and Jo-Jo excited you, growing up! Did either of them ever actually meet their demise?
There are nearly as many ways to resurrect fictional characters as there are to kill them. And, of course, there is always the "it was all a dream" excuse.
Algenon5

Post by Algenon5 »

Indrid Cold wrote:
Algenon5 wrote:
There are nearly as many ways to resurrect fictional characters as there are to kill them. And, of course, there is always the "it was all a dream" excuse.
I don’t' recall the "it was all a dream," or time travel ploys, etcetera ever
being used. Comics of the "40s were a lot less sophisticated than they are
today, especially the adventure comics targeted at 9 to 13 year olds. In the
late '40s and early '50s this changed somewhat with the introduction of the
pre-code horror comics Blue alluded to.

Al
Indrid Cold

Post by Indrid Cold »

I'm not sure if cliched plot devices like "it was all a dream" makes comics more sophisticated...

The sexy depictions of Black Cat and Jo-Jo seem a bit provocative to have been targeted at 9 to 13-year-olds! And really, unless it aroused his hormones, what boy that age would want to read about a female hero? (The only way I would have touched a Wonder Woman or Supergirl comic at that age, would have been to ogle their bodies!) Girls still have cooties when we are that age!