Shooting Deaths - More or Less?

This forum is devoted to the Superheroine genre as it crosses over into the Peril and Death genres! Come join in on the discussions if you love the Superheroines of our fantasy worlds!

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Warfish
What is your main fetish?: Superheroine peril
Why do you want to join this forum?: um, i like reading the forum.
Referral: Searching for Bluestone videos

Shooting Deaths - More or Less?

Post by Warfish »

(This conversation was split from the "Supernova Prime 3: Vengeance" thread, so as not to clutter the thread with this Shooting or No Shooting discussion. FF Admin)

Yet another shooting death!

This must be the fifth film in a row to either finish with a shooting or include shooting heavily.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but it's beginning to get a bit samey...
Director B
What is your main fetish?: guess
Why do you want to join this forum?: promote
Referral: Bluestone

Re: Supernova Prime 3: Vengeance - COMING SOON!

Post by Director B »

Warfish wrote:Yet another shooting death!

This must be the fifth film in a row to either finish with a shooting or include shooting heavily.

Sorry, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but it's beginning to get a bit samey...
Well, there is the Peril version if you don't like the extreme version. What kind of ending would you like to see then?
Warfish

Post by Warfish »

Director B wrote:

Well, there is the Peril version if you don't like the extreme version. What kind of ending would you like to see then?

Well, of the finishers you've employed before, I prefer a neck break or a stabbing.

For something a bit different, it would be cool to see a death by electrocution or poison gas or just a brutal, beat down style fatality.

Again, I don't really mind the shooting endings - and I guess they must be popular if they keep being done!

I just want to speak up for a bit of variety.
Director B

Post by Director B »

Warfish wrote:
Director B wrote:

Well, of the finishers you've employed before, I prefer a neck break or a stabbing.

For something a bit different, it would be cool to see a death by electrocution or poison gas or just a brutal, beat down style fatality.

Again, I don't really mind the shooting endings - and I guess they must be popular if they keep being done!

I just want to speak up for a bit of variety.
Well, death by electrocution or poison gas don't sell very well and a brutal, beat down style fatality takes time to do right, and time is something we don't have within the time we can afford. Strangling and shooting remain popular and most wants from people on this board never add up to the sales.
Warfish

Post by Warfish »

rockastan05 wrote:So your saying we should just abandon this forum? If our opinions mean nothing then why bother asking? What exactly "sells" then?
Right, thank you!

Sometimes it seems as if you don't toe the line, any discussion just ends with "yeah, but piracy" and that's the end of it.

What is the sales difference then between a shooting ending and a neck break, as an example? 10% lower?
Director B

Post by Director B »

Warfish wrote:
rockastan05 wrote:So your saying we should just abandon this forum? If our opinions mean nothing then why bother asking? What exactly "sells" then?
Right, thank you!

Sometimes it seems as if you don't toe the line, any discussion just ends with "yeah, but piracy" and that's the end of it.

What is the sales difference then between a shooting ending and a neck break, as an example? 10% lower?
That is not what I'm saying, it sounds like you're having a go at me for just laying down the facts, as you know we do listen and comply that's why I ask asked Warfish what he would like to see but had to say that those wants don't sell very well. It doesn't mean we won't do it. The sales difference between a shooting ending and a neck break, I have no idea you'll have to ask Blue, I can only operate from what he tells me. As you can see as always we are trying to please people but as I keep saying it hard to please everyone and yes piracy is a big issue here that's why I mention it because I know most on here if give the chance will download from a file share site which is not doing us any good in the long run. Believe me when I say piracy is a real threat. I'm always trying to help get you're wants on screen.
Director B

Post by Director B »

rockastan05 wrote:Not to mention accusing us of being pirates not too long ago.
Okay, I'm done with this conversions most people know what I'm saying, carry on have the last word no doubt you'll have something else to say, remember it was someone from of our membership club that pirated one of our membership extras and video - no doubt there's more on this site that pirate or file share. I am only trying to help get your wants up there always remember that.
Warfish

Post by Warfish »

Director B wrote:
Warfish wrote:
Right, thank you!

That is not what I'm saying, it sounds like you're having a go at me for just laying down the facts, as you know we do listen and comply that's why I ask asked Warfish what he would like to see but had to say that those wants don't sell very well. It doesn't mean we won't do it. The sales difference between a shooting ending and a neck break, I have no idea you'll have to ask Blue, I can only operate from what he tells me. As you can see as always we are trying to please people but as I keep saying it hard to please everyone and yes piracy is a big issue here that's why I mention it because I know most on here if give the chance will download from a file share site which is not doing us any good in the long run. Believe me when I say piracy is a real threat. I'm always trying to help get you're wants on screen.

I'm sorry, i didn't mean to make it sound like I was having a go at you, it was just a flippant, probably misjudged, joke.

Look, I've been on board with you guys since the very beginning. You hooked me with the very first Supernova back in the day, and I've been on board ever since.

i looked forward to every release and have purchased near enough every super heroine film you guys put out. But lately I've just found them to be a bit samey. This Supernova film I've really been looking forward to, and then with the release of the element poster it's like, oh another shooting death - to me anyway, I'm sure plenty of other people are happy!

is this like the Simpsons, as in you've been putting out great content for so long I'm just taking you for granted?

Is the piracy issue cutting into budgets so much that it's hindering the creative process?

Obviously, I'll never know - I suspect it's probably a bit of both.

There used to be a real element of originality to your films and it really made them stand out. These days it just seems a little cut and paste, and buying your releases is no longer a top priority for me anymore.

I don't know if you need a new direction or a new overarching story line to pin the films to, but it just feels as if something needs refreshing - especially if, as you guys claim, you're not even turning a profit anymore!

Just my two cents that you are welcome to ignore.
Director B

Post by Director B »

Oh Warfish, this is so frustrating when we were making our Videos TV show style we got hardly any support just a lot of why don't you have a bearhug, a strangle, a shooting, a backbreaker etc, etc, no support for us bring all the heroines together, no support for our crossovers, stories or visual effects just moans. And yes you are right the piracy issue is cutting into our budgets and that it's hindering what we can do. They are samey because of lack of budget and that's because of the pirates. There's only so much we can do if you can only afford one room and 2 actors. On the next Supernova Prime, she doesn't die via getting shot LOL! That one is coming soon.
Warfish

Post by Warfish »

Director B wrote:Oh Warfish, this is so frustrating when we were making our Videos TV show style we got hardly any support just a lot of why don't you have a bearhug, a strangle, a shooting, a backbreaker etc, etc, no support for us bring all the heroines together, no support for our crossovers, stories or visual effects just moans. And yes you are right the piracy issue is cutting into our budgets and that it's hindering what we can do. They are samey because of lack of budget and that's because of the pirates. There's only so much we can do if you can only afford one room and 2 actors. On the next Supernova Prime, she doesn't die via getting shot LOL! That one is coming soon.
Really?

I might be wrong but if you look through the old threads - like Darkwing 8, Unltrawoman 4, Supernova Prison Break, etc it's just full of praise. There is the odd request for a different move or different finisher but they don't seem any more common than in the threads for the newest films.

The last 2 or 3 pages in the Darkwing 8 forum is pretty much pure praise for the production values, storyline, etc.

Did they not sell as well though? I know most people don't post on here so the forum reaction alone can't be taken as universal!
Director B

Post by Director B »

Warfish wrote:
Director B wrote:Oh Warfish, this is so frustrating when we were making our Videos TV show style we got hardly any support just a lot of why don't you have a bearhug, a strangle, a shooting, a backbreaker etc, etc, no support for us bring all the heroines together, no support for our crossovers, stories or visual effects just moans. And yes you are right the piracy issue is cutting into our budgets and that it's hindering what we can do. They are samey because of lack of budget and that's because of the pirates. There's only so much we can do if you can only afford one room and 2 actors. On the next Supernova Prime, she doesn't die via getting shot LOL! That one is coming soon.
Really?

I might be wrong but if you look through the old threads - like Darkwing 8, Unltrawoman 4, Supernova Prison Break, etc it's just full of praise. There is the odd request for a different move or different finisher but they don't seem any more common than in the threads for the newest films.

The last 2 or 3 pages in the Darkwing 8 forum is pretty much pure praise for the production values, storyline, etc.

Did they not sell as well though? I know most people don't post on here so the forum reaction alone can't be taken as universal!
Yep praises don't equal sales I'm afraid through time Supernova Jailbreak has become more well known same with the rest, there's more to this than just what you see. The fact of the matter is the sales are not justifying the spend.
xj900uk
What is your main fetish?: Death fetish especially drowning
Why do you want to join this forum?: So I can chat to people about simulated and depicted death scenes in movies
Referral: Heard about it from a fellow contact

Re: Shooting Deaths - More or Less?

Post by xj900uk »

:frown:
The problem is that, Mr B, the pirates have rather backed you into a niche - I understand exactly what you mean about having to make a profit or at least break even, and that isn't possible hwen the pirates and illegal sharers ruin your sales.
If anything, the better you make a movie, the more time and money you spend on production values, extra actresses etc, you are actually manufacturing a stick to beat yourselves with as it is this sort of movie that is actually more popular with the pirates.

What people are asking for here is variety, Mr B. However if you try to give them variety, something different, either it will not sell that well because you are only catering to a select few who requested it; or alternatively if you spend more money, time and values trying to incorporate as many different elements into a single movie to satisfy those who clamour for their own particular fetishes, then the chances are that it'll end up pirated because you made it too well.

Heck, I've been trying to persuade Blue to do an asphyxia-demise or death for some time now, something uniquely different and hopefully refreshing to the whole genre, but he just won't bite...
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

xj900uk wrote: Heck, I've been trying to persuade Blue to do an asphyxia-demise or death for some time now, something uniquely different and hopefully refreshing to the whole genre, but he just won't bite...
Asphyxia-demise? You mean a strangle? We do that all the time with our White Angel videos. We've done a LOT of superheroine strangles too! Have you not been following Director B's strangle thread on this forum?

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
xj900uk
What is your main fetish?: Death fetish especially drowning
Why do you want to join this forum?: So I can chat to people about simulated and depicted death scenes in movies
Referral: Heard about it from a fellow contact

Post by xj900uk »

No Blue, I mean the one with the mask that I've been discussing with you
rayman
What is your main fetish?: superheroines
Why do you want to join this forum?: To follow Bluestone
Referral: Nicheclips

Post by rayman »

xj900uk wrote:No Blue, I mean the one with the mask that I've been discussing with you
I thought UltraWoman 3 had a mask demise in the extreme version?

Personally I like a shooting but the demise is not the main reason why I purchase a video if it were I wouldn't buy many videos because I am not a huge strangle fan and headshots are boring to me as the demise is instant

The first Supernova Prime shooting demise is still one of my favourites

I am excited to see the latest novanite bullets scene
Creator of Cobalt+Venom, Swiftstrike+Cobra and Lady Death @ shg-media.com and Titan @ Nicheclips.com